Sign in to follow this  
Ran

Introductions

Greetings,

My real name is Erik. I just finished book 5 last week and I am excited to be able to discuss on these forums.

Cheers

Hi

Discovered the series last year, through a few trailers for the show. Got the first two books for a bit of summer reading. Finished book 5 around early autumn. A huge fan now, and currently watching the series on Blu-ray.

One of the best fantasy series' ever, if not the best!

Hi! I've been lurking on here for a while, and finally decided to create an account. I'm absolutely obsessed with the series and waiting for TWoW is driving me crazier than King Aerys!

Looking forward to discussing the books with you guys! :)

Hi guys, I too have been lurking (mostly at the R+L=Jon thread). I got into game of thrones by watching some episodes on HBO, and I've finished the 5 books so far.

Hi. I'm Ceru, and I have a serious addiction. I need help.

I have no friends to indulge in my addiction with me, said addiction of course being the SoIaF series. :D Okay, so I've forced a few people to watch the HBO series with me, to try and entice them into reading the books... but it seems I am the only person I associate with who enjoys reading books, especially those which in hardback form could be used as blunt objects in an epic fantasy style coup. :)

Seriously though... I've been reading threads and lurking on here anonymously for some time. So many of the theories presented here have awakened something in me. I always had so many questions, and the topics discussed here have been engrossing me during my free time - soon to dwindle further, as I start school again for my IT degree next week.

I am currently reading Storm of Swords for the 4th time or so. I have been reading the books in order since I first picked them up back in August. My introduction to the series had absolutely NOTHING to do directly with the HBO series - a friend of mine saw the books, most likely revived to front-shelf fame thanks to the TV series, and picked them up. She recommended them to me and loaned me GoT which I promptly devoured (in about a day and a half) and drove to her house (roughly an hour away) to claim the remainder of the books. After that, I've been hooked. I have been reading and re-reading these novels without taking a break to read any other author - that's how hooked I am.

I do occasionally tend to be somewhat egregiously long-winded, a style I no doubt picked up from my readings of another former favorite author who wrote in a very flourished style. Forgive me if I digress from my original point from time to time - I may talk myself in a circle, but I will always try to clarify somehow.

Now, back to browsing. :)

Thought I would post in here, I've been lurking a while browsing and have taken the plunge and joined.

Kind of a newbie to the series, after watching the first episode of the tv series I was hooked but refused to watch anymore until I read the book I'm currently on asos and can't put it down.

So basically, hello!

Hi! I have been lurking for ages and finally registered. I am fairly obsessed with the books and then got drawn into the series. Now I am a total lost cause. My only local friend who is into the TV series it has not read the books- it drives me nuts not to have someone to talk to......

Hello, my username is Vandalism and my real name is something half of you guys would mispronounce. =D

I've read allt he available books, and love them all. My favourite characters are Theon Greyjoy and Stannis Baratheon, my favourite House is House Stark and my favourite quote/famous words is "Ours is the fury!". Just so very epic.

Hi, I'm Karen and I'm an ASOIAF-oholic. Really glad to have found this site to talk to other fans. I've tried to spread the gospel to friends, but getting people to read these day...not so easy. I've read all the books and am anxiously awaiting the season 2 premiere of Game of Thrones.

So anyway. Hi everybody!!

Welcome to all our new boarders. :cheers:

As usual, for those it bothers, beware of spoilers.

Otherwise, hope you enjoy the place!

Hello all!

My name is Meaghan, and I'm from Canada...Manitoba to be exact.

I got into ASoIaF last year after some friends wouldn't shut up about it. I finished the books VERY quickly, and just finished watching season 1 earlier this week (I don't have HBO...).

I've been haunting this forum, and the entire Westeros site for a while, so I finally took the plunge yesterday and registered.

I hope to have a lot of fun here!

Hello there! A long time lurker de-cloaks, The Bear in the North. Why I've chosen that name? Well I live in the north of Sweden and my name means "bear" when you translate it to English, simple as that.

Even if I'm new here I have followed "A Song of Ice and Fire" since -98 when I got my hands on the Swedish translation and I've been hooked ever since. So... that's some minor facts about myself and my connection to ASoIaF...

Hi,

I'm new here.

I'd like to thank you all, without you I'd never understand half of the events in this wonderful books!! I'm ashamed to admit that I missed so much, even in my re-readings... But I think I'm not the only one!

I also thank you for all the laugh you give me - I often found myself suddenly laughing aloud in front of my computer, gaining startled looks from people around me!

--------------------------------------

Sorry for my mistakes, English is not my language, but I'm trying to learn it in order to better understand Martinworld. The translations aren't bad at all, but I enjoy the books much and more in their original form.

Hey.

I'm The Kitten (no relation to this guy) and I'm mostly hear for fun. I'm also the only fully literate kitten that I know of.

That is all.

Sorry The Kitten, I didn't steal your username I swear, I didn't see your post until a minute ago, while I chose my nick a week ago (thinking hard to find something original, and failing!).

Sorry The Kitten, I didn't steal your username I swear, I didn't see your post until a minute ago, while I chose my nick a week ago (thinking hard to find something original, and failing!).

Hey, I should be the one saying sorry. You were here five days before I was. My bad :dunce:. Well, at least there's a "the" seperating us. :)

Hey, I have been occasionally lurking for some time. I dont post often though because most of my questions get answered just by reading. "Cornchowder" is because I like the talking birds.

Edited by Cornchowder

Hi,

My name is Rookie_Rider. I enjoy riding horses, reading Fantasy novels, and working out. I'm happy to be here. I've been a registered lurker for a while and only started posting today. Thanks

Bonjour,

My name is Sasha, and I travel the interwebs with my entourage of unhealthy food. Longtime lurker, recent member, and avid reader. Likes to use eloquent phrases to feign Fry-intellect.

Stark, professional idiot, caffinated essay-writer.

Sansa stan, and head of the 'Bran is the Lord of All Things' party.

West Australian meat pie and kangaroo tamer.