Introductions

Ran

Hey. I'm currently re-reading the series, am now reading ACoK. Adore the series, heard about them from a friend and from a teacher. I also have the series on Blu Ray, which currently proudly adorns my room. I'm a 13 year old boy with a love for classic and modern literature and motion pictures. My IMDb movie list is http://www.imdb.com/list/upB5O2ZmOOI/.

Cheers, Peter.

I'm a Canadian lurking n00b. Goes without saying...I'm here because of the wonderful stories written by GRRM. The threads are very educational (i.e. all the info in the "Homage..." thread.) And, Matthew's LEGO homage is soooo well done! Will continue to lurk and then search the archives in hopes that one day I could begin an original thread. :)

Hi everyone! :)

I'm Alex and I'm from a little European country called Macedonia.

I found out about ASoIaF after watching the first episode of Game of Thrones on HBO. I was really hooked, and I read all five books in about two months.

I discovered Westeros.org last year, and I've been lurking here ever since. :P

I mostly like reading fantasy and techno-thriller novels, watching TV and playing video games.

I'm looking forward to participating in the discussions here. :)

Heyo!!

I just figured i would introduce myself to the forums! My name is James and I discovered ASoIaF from watching GoT last year and I decided to delve right into the books.

I was hooked from the first page!! None of my friends read the series or watch it so I needed someplace to see other thoughts and express my own!

I've been lurking on the forums for awhile and figured I would finally register and get in on some of the discussion! I'm looking forward to the discussion!

Hello World!

Recently ran into this awesome forum and decided to join. Learned about the series from the HBO show of course, and enjoyed it and decided to pick up ACOK.

Currently only 100 pages in the second book, but am also watching Season 2 of the show (I know i shouldnt cause the book is usually much better but i cant resist!!!!)

Still a newb to the series, when im reading the book I have to google the character's name so that I can match a name with a face.

Looking forward to learn and contribute to this forum.

Thank everyone!

Kingduck

Hi.

I've been lurking on these forums for a few months and decided to finally join. I read all five books after seeing GOT on HBO last year and now I'm obsessed. I'm currently on my first reread of the series and on AFFC. I love the amount of little details GRRM puts in and on my reread I'm finding so much I didn't get the first time around. Also I'm still loving the HBO series so far this year, despite some changes from the book that I didn't really like.

Hi! I'm Gergely from Hungary (Gregorius is the Latin equivalent of my name, hence the nick) and I'm working as a sports editor. Funnily enough I didn't get addicted because of the books or the HBO series, but the recap of the HBO series on a Hungarian website - it was really well written and funny as well. So I bought all the books and I have to say that these were the best ones I've read in the last few years (among with two Caleb Carr novels). Got through all the books in about two months, getting ready for a summer/autumn re-read - they will surely reveal more.

Hello World!

Recently ran into this awesome forum and decided to join. Learned about the series from the HBO show of course, and enjoyed it and decided to pick up ACOK.

Currently only 100 pages in the second book, but am also watching Season 2 of the show (I know i shouldnt cause the book is usually much better but i cant resist!!!!)

Still a newb to the series, when im reading the book I have to google the character's name so that I can match a name with a face.

Welcome to everyone, and have fun posting, and most of all, keep your sense of humour!

My advice to you kingduck, and everyone else, is to stay away from the General Forum until you have read all five books. There are spoilers even in thread titles. Right now stick to the AGOT forum, because you've read it, and start dipping into the others as your reading proceeds. That way you won't accidentally disappoint yourself.

And I love your avatar! :P

Edited by Fragile Bird

Hello, everyone. I've already posted quite a few times, but I feel like formally introducing myself here. I found these forums when I was reading ADwD because it was basically the only place where I could discuss the chapter I just read without being spoiled (the still reading section for ADwD is fantastic btw!). I am so glad I found them. I've discovered so many subtleties I would have otherwise missed if it weren't for these forums. I can't wait to discuss TWoW with everyone when it comes out.

Hey All, I'm Marisa from Plymouth, Massachusetts. I feel a little late to the party, but very happy to be here.

Despite reading quite a bit of fantasy throughout different points of my life I somehow managed to miss this series until AGOT came on HBO. Since then I've read all the books twice & stumbled onto westeros.org, then here in an attempt to find people that share my love (or obsession) for this story, as despite belongjng to 2 bookclubs, I have only 1 friend that has read the books & only a few friends that watch the series:( clearly I'm not hanging out with the right kind of people;)

I'm a social worker by nature & profession. & the characters in this story really appeal to me... Even the awful, heartless, unsavory ones:) GRRM is brilliant at creating full, rich characters. And i love how you can never count any of them out... Anything can change in Westeros or in seven books so it seems.

I also love the variety of people who have come together from all over the world to share their thoughts ideas. Look forward to reading them all in the forum.