Jon and Psalms coincide?

Ser_tart

Interesting thing about Psalm 31, just a few verses earlier in verse 13 it says " For I hear many whispering 'Terror on every side!' They conspire against me, and plot to take my life". Seems to reflect Jon's position at Castle Black fairly well.

There aren't 22 verses in chapter 13 of Psalms, but I did find an interesting passage in Isaiah. Chapter 13 of Isaiah has 22 verses exactly, and the passage is a prophecy of the destruction of Babylon.

Interesting thing about Psalm 31, just a few verses earlier in verse 13 it says " For I hear many whispering 'Terror on every side!' They conspire against me, and plot to take my life". Seems to reflect Jon's position at Castle Black fairly well.

There aren't 22 verses in chapter 13 of Psalms, but I did find an interesting passage in Isaiah. Chapter 13 of Isaiah has 22 verses exactly, and the passage is a prophecy of the destruction of Babylon.

Incredible about verse 13.

Isaiah 13:22

"And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged"

Holy.....Shit.....

ETA: And as for the book of Psalms, they are all songs. Craziness.

Damn man...

There's a passage in Revelation 12 about a woman and a dragon. The woman is said to be beautiful (Dany), and wears a crown of stars (Dany's future crown, maybe?). She gives birth to a son who is destined to rule all the nations with "an iron scepter" (Rhaego, perhaps?). Interesting parallels to Dany.

"And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged"

Holy.....Shit.....

Whaaatttt!!!!???

The sleeping dragon to awake, no sooner or later, just at the right time before the battle for Dawn.

Nice catch.

When men at last returned to the isles to live, they were men from Valyria itself. Thirteen hundred and twenty-two years before the Doom, a sect of religious dissidents left the Freehold to establish a temple upon Lorath's main isle.

Any specific thing about 13:22?

Holy.....Shit.....

No. If we apply that to ASOIAF, it implies the doom of Valaria. that passasge from the bible talks about the destruction of Babylon.

Great connections/catches/points; But how do we relate the Doom-esque foreshadowing back to the post first posing the question from Mithras?, Where the followers of the blind-god Boash left Valyria 1322 years before the Doom? Perhaps they had some vision/knowledge of the future Doom? Not saying it isnt interesting by itself, but if that's included I'm sure it somehow relates back specifically to the situation

Great connections/catches/points; But how do we relate the Doom-esque foreshadowing back to the post first posing the question from Mithras?, Where the followers of the blind-god Boash left Valyria 1322 years before the Doom? Perhaps they had some vision/knowledge of the future Doom? Not saying it isnt interesting by itself, but if that's included I'm sure it somehow relates back specifically to the situation

Go read Isaiah Chapter 13 and tell me its not somehow related

Go read Isaiah Chapter 13 and tell me its not somehow related

How in gods name is that a response to that? I'm literally remarking on that very thing and you challenge me to say its not somehow related. Literate?

How in gods name is that a response to that? I'm literally remarking on that very thing and you challenge me to say its not somehow related. Literate?

My bad. I read you response wrong and only saw what I wanted. But if you do read that chapter, its actually kinda nuts how close it relates to the story

My bad. I read you response wrong and only saw what I wanted. But if you do read that chapter, its actually kinda nuts how close it relates to the story

I know and I know

But no, to answer your question, it doesnt talk of anyone leaving Babylon before the destruction, its more of a prophetic dream

OK so again you clearly don't even know what your responding too. I know what it says for the umpteenth time. Do you even understand where that 1322 number is coming from in relation to the actual story?

I don't think it was intentional, but nice correlation anyway, OP. George was raised as a Catholic, I believe, and even though he now identifies as an agnostic or atheist, I have never bought into the opinion that there is no good or evil in his world. The grey is within the hearts of his characters because of a blending, not an obliteration of the two.

Archived