Train-Wreck

Seaworth'sShipmate

Yesterday my brothers and I saw the new Amy Schumer movie, Trainwreck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MxnhBPoIx4

Its basically the new Amy Schumer about the trials and tribulations of her love life before settling on "Mr. Right."

I thought parts of it were ok, but idk, a lot of seemed pretty crude and over the top even by Judd Apatow standards. Still I enjoyed it and might recommend it.

Thoguhts?

I posted about this in the 'Watched...' thread.  I went to see this because I like Schumer's stand up and her show - this season in particular has had some great segments. So, I was hoping for something reminiscent of her Football Town Nights or 12 Angry Men skits, which are hilarious and have an original feel to them. The movie, however, ended up being just a totally formulaic romantic comedy.  It had a few funny bits in the first half, but every beat was absolutely predictable, including the cringeworthy ending. I guess it's a better than average rom-com, but in hindsight I would not have gone to see it. I won't be going to see Schumer's next movie just on her name alone.

I posted about this in the 'Watched...' thread.  I went to see this because I like Schumer's stand up and her show - this season in particular has had some great segments. So, I was hoping for something reminiscent of her Football Town Nights or 12 Angry Men skits, which are hilarious and have an original feel to them. The movie, however, ended up being just a totally formulaic romantic comedy.  It had a few funny bits in the first half, but every beat was absolutely predictable, including the cringeworthy ending. I guess it's a better than average rom-com, but in hindsight I would not have gone to see it. I won't be going to see Schumer's next movie just on her name alone.

I agree with this. It seemed just a fairly standard Rom Com, but I did enjoy Lebron James in the movie. Also, thanks for sharing that clip from her show. I had not seen it yet and it was hilarious.

Archived