Biggest criticism of the series ?

Lord Neddard Stark

Yes, but it's a common misconception.

Additionally, it's not true. Just because someone has a certain trait (Say, lack of empathy) doesn't make them borderline psychopathic. If that was the case, we'd ALL be borderline psychopathic.

Your reading a bit too much into it. I wasn't trying to diagnose her, I was just turning a phrase. 

I'm only getting involved because you're getting into the definition of a psychopath- they are NOT insane. You're maybe thinking of a schizophrenic? If you want to see the definition of psychopathy most accepted google the Bob Hare checklist.

Arya close family bonds prove she definitely isn't a psychopath, anyway. They can't form genuine loving bonds. She's more a naturally violent person mixed with PTSD. If you're looking for a psychopath in the books, I'd suggest Euron Greyjoy. Cersei is a good borderline psychopath.

I'm sorry.  Are you a psychiatrist?  By defintion, psychopaths--including Bundy, Dahmer, and Gein--are insane.  The definition of a psycopath is: a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.  That is insane.  Not all insane people are schizophrenic.

Anyway, at least we agree Arya is not one...and she definitely isn't.

Your reading a bit too much into it. I wasn't trying to diagnose her, I was just turning a phrase. 

I'm not reading too much into it.  You said she wasn't handling it like a champ because she was a "borderline psycopath."  I asked you to support that substantial part of your argument...you clearly can't.

In the show they dont have time to develop a character at all so they become much simpler characters, like Tyrion. Dorne is minor plot even in the books, so in the show they would not have time to develop Arianne as a character, and she would become Marg 2.0 or Cercei 2.0. And obviously Show Marg and Arienne are not the same, but they are pretty similar. Especially of how they aproach men

I explained why they aren't pretty similar.  You have yet to address that argument.  So, I'll assume you can't or won't.

I'm not reading too much into it.  You said she wasn't handling it like a champ because she was a "borderline psycopath."  I asked you to support that substantial part of your argument...you clearly can't.

My point being, I'm not saying she is a full blown psychopath. I'm saying a 13 year old girl killing people, and becoming consumed by hate is not dealing with problems its the complete opposite... 

My point being, I'm not saying she is a full blown psychopath. I'm saying a 13 year old girl killing people, and becoming consumed by hate is not dealing with problems its the complete opposite... 

I'm sorry, borderline psycopath means she is practically a psycopath...semantically, there is hardly any difference.  And you have not established she is a borderline psycopath in any way.  And she is not "consumed by hate"...you have to prove that one too.  Like all vengeance characters it is a part of what drives her, but she is also devoted to reuniting eventually with her family and accomplishing her goal of being a strong assassin/warrior in the world.

So, she is neither consumed by hate nor a "borderline psycopath."  You have yet to prove or even substantially support either supposition.

I'm sorry, borderline psycopath means she is practically a psycopath...semantically, there is hardly any differnce.  And you have not established she is a borderline psycopath in any way.  And she is not "consumed by hate"...you have to prove that one too.  Like all vengeance characters it is a part of what drives her, but she is also devoted to reuniting eventually with her family and accomplishing her goal of being a strong assassin/warrior in the world.

So, she is neither consumed by hate nor a "borderline psycopath."  You have yet to prove or even substantially support either supposition.

I must be wrong then. I guess it's normal for little girls to kill people and have a list dedicated to people they want to murder. If your just going to be condescending I'm not going to waste my time debating with you. Good day. 

I must be wrong then. I guess it's normal for little girls to kill people and have a list dedicated to people they want to murder. If your just going to be condescending I'm not going to waste my time debating with you. Good day. 

Now you're being silly as well as a poor debater.  This is ASOIAF and you're talking about our reality.  How many young girls send dragons to kill people.  How many men send 2,000 men to their deaths to win a bigger batttle?  How many teen girls (like Ygritte) help slaughter whole families of villagers?  As I said before, using your ridiculous standards, Ygritte, Loras, Jaime, Dany, Robb, Stannis, Tywin and almost every killing character in the books would be borderline psycopaths.  They aren't, and neither is Arya.

And you've been wasting your time debating with me from the beginning...because you've had a ridiculous argument.  So, good day as well.  And try to avoid such ridiculous hyperbole in the future...;)

Now you're being silly as well as a poor debater.  This is ASOIAF and you're talking about our reality.  How many young girls send dragons to kill people.  How many men send 2,000 men to their deaths to win a bigger batttle?  How many teen girls (like Ygritte) help slaughter whole families of villagers?  As I said before, using your ridiculous standards, Ygritte, Loras, Jaime, Dany, Robb, Stannis, Tywin and almost every killing character in the books would be borderline psycopaths.  They aren't, and neither is Arya.

And you've been wasting your time debating with me from the beginning...because you've had a ridiculous argument.  So, good day as well.  And try to avoid such ridiculous hyperbole in the future... ;)

It's hard to make a cohesive point when you can't keep track of who is saying what and I don't have the books at hand for evidence. Just saying. 

And you've been wasting your time debating with me from the beginning...because you've had a ridiculous argument.  So, good day as well.  And try to avoid such ridiculous hyperbole in the future... ;)

The 2000 men to their deaths thing is a show invention btw. I agree with your point but I think it's important to keep track of events that are show only vs book only.

It's hard to make a cohesive point when you can't keep track of who is saying what and I don't have the books at hand for evidence. Just saying. 

First off, when you say "you won't waste your time" and "Good Day"...it's best not to come back.

Secondly, your problem wasn't the "cohesion" of your point; it was the validity and truthfulness of it.  In other words, it was just wrong..."cohesion" wasn't a factor.

The 2000 men to their deaths thing is a show invention btw. I agree with your point but I think it's important to keep track of events that are show only vs book only.

I know, but it was a perfect example of literal homicide committed by a "good" character in the series.  Nobody said show Robb was a "borderline psychopath" for effectively murdering those men.

Arya killed the guard in HH as a necessity to escape imprisonment. She killed Dareon because he was deserting the nights watch, which due to her knowledge of her father doing the same thing, and her taking it as a slight to Jon, felt it was the right thing to do. Her list is comprised of people who either murdered her family, or tortured and raped people. I hardly think that, considering her motives, her actions even slightly point towards a phycopathic tendency, even if it was defined in the way its being used in this thread, to call Arya phycopathic is completely baseless.

First off, when you say "you won't waste your time" and "Good Day"...it's best not to come back.

Secondly, your problem wasn't the "cohesion" of your point; it was the validity and truthfulness of it.  In other words, it was just wrong..."cohesion" wasn't a factor.

Wrong ?.. I must be reading a different book. 

Arya killed the guard in HH as a necessity to escape imprisonment. She killed Dareon because he was deserting the nights watch, which due to her knowledge of her father doing the same thing, and her taking it as a slight to Jon, felt it was the right thing to do. Her list is comprised of people who either murdered her family, or tortured and raped people. I hardly think that, considering her motives, her actions even slightly point towards a phycopathic tendency, even if it was defined in the way its being used in this thread, to call Arya phycopathic is completely baseless.

My entire argument got completely dissected and derailed. because I used the wrong word when I said "boderline Psychopath"... My initial point was that Arya is dealing with her issues that she was just running away from them and using her hatred and vengeance as a coping mechanism. I could have worded it a bit better admittedly. But's hard to construct a decent point when everyone is just going on a tangent at you.

I'm only getting involved because you're getting into the definition of a psychopath- they are NOT insane. You're maybe thinking of a schizophrenic? If you want to see the definition of psychopathy most accepted google the Bob Hare checklist.

Arya close family bonds prove she definitely isn't a psychopath, anyway. They can't form genuine loving bonds. She's more a naturally violent person mixed with PTSD. If you're looking for a psychopath in the books, I'd suggest Euron Greyjoy. Cersei is a good borderline psychopath.

You not post on 1FF anymore mate ? 

Wrong ?.. I must be reading a different book. 

Yes, wrong.  I and others showed perfectly well you were wrong to call Arya a "Borderline psycopath."  You even admitted you were wrong in your last post:

My entire argument got completely dissected and derailed. because I used the wrong word when I said "boderline Psychopath"... My initial point was that Arya is dealing with her issues that she was just running away from them and using her hatred and vengeance as a coping mechanism. I could have worded it a bit better admittedly.

So, stop getting defensive and either back up your incorrect "Arya is a borderline psycopath" statement or move on.  And nobody came at you from a tangemt.  I certainly came at you directly by saying she wasn't a borderline psycopath.

Archived