GRRM on Gendry and Arya (Allegedly)

Joan Jett

I'm very excited for TWOW.  Mereen was a plot I didn't care much about. With Dany there it was very boring. But when we got Barristan's POVS it became more appealing (IMO). Hope that in Winds it has a proper closure with interesting thoughts and actions from our knight.

Thanks! :D

ETA:

IA with you. I see it as pertaining to the subplot but not the major plot. Stoneheart is expendable and IMO won't amount to much. The Freys may be dealt with but most of the fandom can't name the majority so it's not major. The Lannisters are temporary and the Lannister's downfall in KL will be more important than that.

Sure, but I've got a bellyfull of all those nasty Freys, Boltons and Lannisters; They've had 5 books to do all sorts of utter nastiness, and it's about effing time they're wiped off the board to set up the end-game (am on a reread, currently at SoS, and just read that hair pulling small council with Tywin refusing to give gold cloak deserters to the wall, and hoping the wildlings wreak havoc in the north :bang: ). I'll take the bitter pill of some of the better Lannisters and Freys dying (there are no good Boltons) along with it. As long as the Lannisters, Freys and Boltons are around, I don't see any remaining united front against the Others possible anymore. And Dany's dragons may be awesome WMD against whights and perhaps Others, but she can't do it all on her own either.

Archived