Bloodshot eyes for 1 month+?

Felguy

probably allergies and irritants, maybe a new detergent used on your bed and pillow sheets? over the counter antihistamines are pretty weak, and are not guaranteed to stop inflammation. obviously the fan blowing into your eye isn't helping, and might be causing the issue to be worse than it would normally be.

anyway, no idea why you are asking on here when there are plenty of medical boards out there. better yet, go see an eye doc.

probably allergies and irritants, maybe a new detergent used on your bed and pillow sheets? over the counter antihistamines are pretty weak, and are not guaranteed to stop inflammation. obviously the fan blowing into your eye isn't helping, and might be causing the issue to be worse than it would normally be.
anyway, no idea why you are asking on here when there are plenty of medical boards out there. better yet, go see an eye doc.

Thought a Maester could help :'(

It could be a lot of different things, but red eyes for that long of a time at 21 years old is definitely not normal.  The "gray patches" on the white of yours eyes makes me think of UV damage, I had two patients today with that in your age group (which is unusual as I normally see it in older patients), but I'm in Colorado and we have much more UV light than in the Netherlands.  Have you been outside a lot this summer?  Especially on water.  Do you wear sunglasses?  You could be sunburning your eyes, and the gray patches could be the response (like a sun tan that will never go away - they're called pinguecula).  The fan blowing on your face certainly isn't helping, redirect it to your chest or the back of your head.  It's hard to say more without actually seeing your eyes, but yes, you really should go in and see a doctor.

It could be a lot of different things, but red eyes for that long of a time at 21 years old is definitely not normal.  The "gray patches" on the white of yours eyes makes me think of UV damage, I had two patients today with that in your age group (which is unusual as I normally see it in older patients), but I'm in Colorado and we have much more UV light than in the Netherlands.  Have you been outside a lot this summer?  Especially on water.  Do you wear sunglasses?  You could be sunburning your eyes, and the gray patches could be the response (like a sun tan that will never go away - they're called pinguecula).  The fan blowing on your face certainly isn't helping, redirect it to your chest or the back of your head.  It's hard to say more without actually seeing your eyes, but yes, you really should go in and see a doctor.

Thanks. I will.

I have been outside a fair bit this summer.

But it worries me that you said it isn't normal. :P

Will see the doc on Friday.

However I must say... Since I turned the fan off my eyes have cleared up a lot. Much better. Still not there but at least it's noticeable progress.

Thanks. I will.

I have been outside a fair bit this summer.

But it worries me that you said it isn't normal. :P

Will see the doc on Friday.

However I must say... Since I turned the fan off my eyes have cleared up a lot. Much better. Still not there but at least it's noticeable progress.

Like I said, those spots also worry me.

Let us know what the doc said.

Like I said, those spots also worry me.

Let us know what the doc said.

Actually there is a patch like that grey on the underside of the eye a little (right picture)

http://imgur.com/tlkrHAJ

And a brownish spot on the left picture.

That;s what concerns me, my eyes in this picture have actually improved a lot.

Actually there is a patch like that grey on the underside of the eye a little (right picture)

http://imgur.com/tlkrHAJ

And a brownish spot on the left picture.

That;s what concerns me, my eyes in this picture have actually improved a lot.

The resolution on the pictures of absolute shit on my phone, but the right picture could be a Node of Ranvier - which is a completely normal thing (it's the myelin sheathing around a nerve cluster).

The left picture looks like an accumulation of melanin, which leads to it's brownish color, that could have been stimulated by UV light (like tanning) or sometimes they develop with age. Those spots are more common in people with darker skin, but they can occur in light skinned people. For all intents and purposes they're the same as having a freckle on your eye.

But once again my resolution on those photos is horrible.

The resolution on the pictures of absolute shit on my phone, but the right picture could be a Node of Ranvier - which is a completely normal thing (it's the myelin sheathing around a nerve cluster).

The left picture looks like an accumulation of melanin, which leads to it's brownish color, that could have been stimulated by UV light (like tanning) or sometimes they develop with age. Those spots are more common in people with darker skin, but they can occur in light skinned people. For all intents and purposes they're the same as having a freckle on your eye.

But once again my resolution on those photos is horrible.

It's not your phone, it's my phone :P It's the Nexus 6, got it yesterday, it makes good photo's but not so at up close.

I am darker skinned actually, not very, but I am Assyrian, so from Iraq.

I have had a lot of sun this summer, also my computer is facing the window and often sun shines though it, so maybe that contributes.

But thanks, it eases my mind.

Archived