Dream Team

Son of Man

The all-star comment in another thread made me think about the teams playing the game of thrones.  Consider the following teams in terms of their ability to:

1. Conduct warfare.  Your mission is to attack and destroy the following strong fortifications:  The Twins, Casterly Rock, Winterfell, the Eyrie, and Stormsend.
  2. Govern.  To administer and to run a large city like King's Landing, Oldtown, Pentos, and Asshai.
  3. Defend.  To defend their monarch or leader, against the other teams.
  4. Raise capital.  To raise the funds needed to conduct a war campaign.

Assumptions:  All members of the team will be loyal to their monarch/leader.  All the direwolves will follow the lead and respond to their humans.  All of the dragons will fall in line and obey Daenerys.  The Dothraki and the Ironborn are out of the picture, to make it fair.  No one gets to have an army of 100K.  Only the Dothraki who were originally with Dany will cross the sea.  Jon gains some reasonable amount of brains when he gets revived and we have to assume Mance and Tormund are in fact, loyal.  Stannis will lose the battle of Winterfell and just about all of his men, then decides to throw his lot with Jon.  Dany will inevitably get recruits who want to fight for her, but to even out the evaluation, we have to assume she will not have enough ships for everyone.   Westeros will be divided, each house will have to decide which team to support, but they will have to contend with their paramount if they pick a different team.

Which team is the most capable?

The Teams

• Team Cersei
  1. Jaime Lannister
  2. Mace Tyrell
  3. Robert Strong
  4. King Tommen
  5. Randyll Tarly
  6. Qyburn
  7. Walder Frey
  8. Roose Bolton
  9. Lady Dustin
  10. Hightower
  11. Redwyne
  12. Hylene, and his pyromancers
  • Team Aegon
  1. Jon Connington
  2. Septa Lemore
  3. Duckfield
  4. Doran Martell
  5. Illyrio Mopatis
  6. Varys
  7. The Golden Company
  8. War elephants
  9. Gerold Dayne, the Darkstar
  • Team Daenerys
  1. Barristan Selmy
  2. Jorah Mormont
  3. Missandei
  4. Greyworm
  5. Tyrion
  6. Qaithe
  7. Marwyn
  8. Moqorro
  9. The 3 Bloodriders
  10. Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion
  11. The Unsullied
  12. Strong Belwas
  13. Daario Naharis
  • Team Jon
  1. Tormund
  2. Mance Rayder
  3. Stannis Baratheon
  4. Wayman Manderly
  5. Arya Stark
  6. All the remaining direwolves
  7. Bran Stark
  8. Samwell Tarly
  9. The wildlings
  10. Wun Wun

why discount dothraki?

I think they will be her main army.

unsullied will be wiped out in battle of mereen. 

by the way, GRRM released two dragons out for some reason. 

these two will be claimed by other people and they will not belong to Dany. 

otherwise it will be too easy for her. 

why discount dothraki?

I think they will be her main army.

unsullied will be wiped out in battle of mereen. 

by the way, GRRM released two dragons out for some reason. 

these two will be claimed by other people and they will not belong to Dany. 

otherwise it will be too easy for her. 

Rhaegal and Viserion are not going to turn against their mother.  That's even less likely than Summer and Ghost turning against Jon and Bran.   I don't see The Unsullied getting wiped out.  I know you're a Jon-fan and you're anti-Dany, but I really do not see the Unsullied getting wiped out in Mereen.  The Ironborn might and the brazen beast might. 

Rhaegal and Viserion are not going to turn against their mother.  That's even less likely than Summer and Ghost turning against Jon and Bran.   I don't see The Unsullied getting wiped out.  I know you're a Jon-fan and you're anti-Dany, but I really do not see the Unsullied getting wiped out in Mereen.  The Ironborn might and the brazen beast might. 

sorry I am anti-jon and anti-dany. 

from the history, it looks like dragons are not that emotional. 

they killed each other all the time, and did whatever their riders wanted them to do. 

this is also the reason why GRRM created the dragon binder. 

It will bond the dragon to somebody else and this dragon will fight against Dany and Drogon (and will die)

it will be super boring that all dragons worked for her, or refused to fight with her side. 

Unsullied will be dead with a glorious death, such as defeat 40000 enemies, stuff like that. (like the qohor thing)

The reason they need to be wiped out is because they are slave eunuch army. this is not good for dany's public image in westeros. 

it is embarrassing and will make people hate her (barri already said that). so they need to die before going to westeros. 

you do know Dany is the ultimate savior and conqueror of the planet, right?

have you seen ghinggis khnn took a bunch of eunuch slaves to conquer europe?

We are absolutely certain Dorne will take up with Aegon not Dany?  We are sure Doran really puts all this faith in Arienne?   Where is Euron's team?   He's got all kinds of great stuff.   And the BWB?   They aren't running an insurgence of their own?  And yeah, where is Team Stannis?   

Archived