NFL 2016 Playoffs: The Kool-aid Guy vs. the Sith Lord Edition

Mr. Chatywin et al.

So, that last play symbolized the whole game: the bounces just went the Pats' way.  Pretty much every single time.  

There were a few VERY close hits by Pats- no flags; Brady completes a BUNCH of passes that look like sure-fire incompletes or INTS; they all go the Pats way.  The Pats call a few HIGHLY questionable plays; they all work.  

The Chiefs had a few things go their way (the incomplete pass that looked REALLY like  fumble), but most didn't.  

That last sequence was the whole game: Andy Reid salts away nearly 6 minutes of clock time to close within a score then kicks the ball directly to Gronk.  And if that were not bad enough, the Pats throw the ball (because they are incapable of running) and the ball deflects off two players and is about to fall into a Chiefs' hands... when Julian Edleman hauls it in.  

I think the O-Line had its best game in 2 months, no sacks on Brady; Edleman being back was huge; Gronk is always huge; Brady remains the greatest post-season QB in NFL history (so... ho-hum there, I guess).  

If I were a Chiefs fan I would be spitting blood right now on how the Chiefs finished that game - with the ball with 7 minutes and you just burn through 6 minutes?  How do you let that happen?  Oh, that's right- Andy Reid.  Yeah.. forgot about that. 

I think the Chiefs were the team in the AFC with the fewest question marks.  They were the most complete team.  So, I think the Pats' win here was enthusiastic, but ... KC was TWELVE for TWENTY on third down... and one of those was extended on FOURTH down.  The Pats CANNOT expect to keep winning in the post season if they cannot get a team off the field.  

Danny Amendola's hit was bullshit.  It was a shitty, cheap thing to do.  And FOR WHAT?  To... avoid giving up shitty field position?  GUESS WHAT?!?! That happened anyway?  Part of me thinks he did it just to send a message.  Which is ... something a sociopath would do.  

BTW... just READING the words "Danny Amendola's hit" looks wrong.  

If this game does nothing else, it HAS to KILL any remaining shred of the argument that "momentum matters."  Chiefs won 11 in a row; Pats lost 2 in a row.  

And the Pats are going to their FIFTH STRAIGHT AFC Championship game.  

"the revenge you want ... shall be yours in time..........." 

If I were a Chiefs fan I would be spitting blood right now on how the Chiefs finished that game - with the ball with 7 minutes and you just burn through 6 minutes?  How do you let that happen?  Oh, that's right- Andy Reid.  Yeah.. forgot about that. 

The Chiefs are the type of team where assistants have to covertly steal Andy Reid's challenge flag so he wouldn't reflexively throw it on the field and get a penalty. 

I really dislike the call to go for it by Aryians. Yes they got it, but the risks were huge. The Cards are the home team... take the points

I loved the call. This is what coach Arians does. I would not have been shocked if he called a pass play and went for a TD.

Archived