Aussies LXV - what choices have we?!

sh_wulff

So Xenophon has decided to return to SA politics regardless of the outcome of the citizenship sideshow. This time he's making a run in the lower house in an attempt to disrupt the usual duopoly. It's a bold move which could have interesting implications at the federal level if the other NXT cross-benchers act with more autonomy in NX's absence. Certainly it will have the ALP and Libs scrambling in SA.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to become (dangerously?) optimistic ahead of the SSM results next month. Turnout will likely exceed 75%, which I think bodes well for "Yes".

Yeah, I'm trying to contain my feelings on the matter because an upset will hurt that much more if I start taking it for granted but its hard to read all the polls and the desperation from the "No" campaign any other way.

Of course the rest of the political situation is deeply depressing with all the utterly unjustified security state announcements this week. Stand out being the fucking Labor Premier making the argument that don't have the luxury of discussing civil liberties, we must throw them in the bin immediately to....stop all the terror attacks that are already being stopped (if they're even being attempted). All of this on the back of a mass shooting in the US that is a very different incident yet somehow is the justification for this shit.

Archived