Jon Snow (north of The wall)

Dlrsa

21 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hLl3G64WhY

From this episode you see Jon returning from beyond the Wall(dealing with the traitors) through an entrance on the east side of Castle Black. I guess on the North side we have only the lift and a scaffolding used for hangings and such, and the (edit)East side of the wall of Caste Black is a continuation of the Wall entrance, having the tunnel inside it. And we have other buildings and such above and on the sides of the exterior part of the tunnel, for murder holes and such. And some living quarters or the mess hall.

So yes, you are correct, he is going east, inside a tunnel facing west. But that tunnel meets a perpendicular one going through the Wall, so we are both right in  a way.

Or maybe I’m just stubborn and don’t want to admit I’m wrong. Buut I’m 49% sure I’m not.

Thank you for additional details about the different entrances. So perhaps that was him exiting CB to the east?

9 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

So he's going just like that North of the Wall. Alone, unequipped, without food. Come on. He's not suicidal.

Reveal hidden contents

We'll get most likely Stark reunion, Jon marching South. This idea of him going North is pointless.

He is a man without a goal. He needs to clear his head a little. Going to the weirwood growe should help. If Bran is 'online' he might whisper something to him.

If not, he returns in the next scene(or Sansa&co go to him), they go back through the tunnel, they receive the Pink Letter written on Osha's skin, they go south(by west gate :P).

He's going into one of the alcoves.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gameofthrones/images/7/7b/Castle_Black.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110920111941

The Wall's tunnel is made of ice, the one Jon entered wasn't.We know where Jon will be heading next thanks to the leaks.

Also this is a photo from E4.

http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/6-1.jpg

That's likely Jon next to Edd. Colours snd design similar to Jon's future outfit we saw on the set photo.

They made the scene dramatic to emphasise his decision to leave, but lol he's not actually leaving that very moment.

46 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hLl3G64WhY

From this episode you see Jon returning from beyond the Wall(dealing with the traitors) through an entrance on the east side of Castle Black. I guess on the North side we have only the lift and a scaffolding used for hangings and such, and the (edit)East side of the wall of Caste Black is a continuation of the Wall entrance, having the tunnel inside it. And we have other buildings and such above and on the sides of the exterior part of the tunnel, for murder holes and such. And some living quarters or the mess hall.

So yes, you are correct, he is going east, inside a tunnel facing west. But that tunnel meets a perpendicular one going through the Wall, so we are both right in  a way.

Or maybe I’m just stubborn and don’t want to admit I’m wrong. Buut I’m 49% sure I’m not.

No,  I think you may actually be right.  In the scene where the wildlings are passing through,  they're traveling in the same direction to exit through Castle Black's south(west, whatever) gate,  generally moving east to west.    I think the lesson we've learned here is that Castle Black's layout is bizarre and counter intuitive,  and even though Jon appears to leave the scene walking east,  somehow,  somewhere,  that tunnel either leads directly or branches off north through the Wall.  

Or perhaps we just have too much time on our hands. In any event, I don't think Jon actually went anywhere.  

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

You are forgetting key points, Jon doesn't even know Bran is alive let alone is north of the wall.

Jon does know that Bran was alive at one point north of the wall. That was the whole point of him leading a fight against mutineers at Craster's. He didn't find him in time and then had to retreat to protect Castle Blacks from Mance and then events prevented him going back

2 hours ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

He is a man without a goal. He needs to clear his head a little. Going to the weirwood growe should help. If Bran is 'online' he might whisper something to him.

If not, he returns in the next scene(or Sansa&co go to him), they go back through the tunnel, they receive the Pink Letter written on Osha's skin, they go south(by west gate :P).

He likely went into his chamber and think about things. Going to Weirwood tree is again dangerous.

Archived