Jon Snow (north of The wall)

Dlrsa

Jon's "my watch is ended" walkout scene and thinking back to the season preview makes me think that rather than follow the popular opinion (Jon going to winterfell with a wildling army) he is going solo and heading elsewhere. Giantsbane's comment that he was wrong about (Jon) "being the one to lead us through the long night", plus the mysterious figure helping Meera, makes me think Jon is going to go north of the wall though I have no idea why he'd choose such a path, and imagine he'd ultimately be back south of the wall on his way to Winterfell by episode 9 for battle for the north. 

Anyone else caught those season previews hinting that, or am I completely off here? 

I don't think Jon's going that far North. He may have went to the weirwood grove outside the Wall to chill for a while(He just hanged four people and got resurrected, if it were me I would need some quiet time to process all that.) I'm pretty sure his story arc is having him going to Winterfell and rallying the houses to fight the Boltons.

On 5/11/2016 at 4:06 PM, Dlrsa said:

Jon's "my watch is ended" walkout scene and thinking back to the season preview makes me think that rather than follow the popular opinion (Jon going to winterfell with a wildling army) he is going solo and heading elsewhere. Giantsbane's comment that he was wrong about (Jon) "being the one to lead us through the long night", plus the mysterious figure helping Meera, makes me think Jon is going to go north of the wall though I have no idea why he'd choose such a path, and imagine he'd ultimately be back south of the wall on his way to Winterfell by episode 9 for battle for the north. 

Anyone else caught those season previews hinting that, or am I completely off here? 

I think Tormund's comment was talking to Jon about Mance, and Tormund was saying he believes Jon is the one to lead them through the long night.

It doesn't seem like there would be enough time for him to go there and come back for the events at the end of the season.  Plus,  Jon doesn't know where Meera and Bran are. Its possible that he left Castle Black,  though I don't really think he did because there's seemingly nowhere for him to go.  If he left, its very likely that he won't get very far before something brings him back.  

I guess the thing you have to ask is why would Jon go North? Going North makes zero sense. He just fought and was killed to get everyone SOUTH of the wall. He has no idea Meera even exists and believes Bran is dead, so again why would he go North? Why open up the gate when you know the walkers are on the other side? The only thing they should be doing is sealing the gate forever.

3 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I guess the thing you have to ask is why would Jon go North? Going North makes zero sense. He just fought and was killed to get everyone SOUTH of the wall. He has no idea Meera even exists and believes Bran is dead, so again why would he go North? Why open up the gate when you know the walkers are on the other side? The only thing they should be doing is sealing the gate forever.

The end of the episode shows Jon entering the Wall tunnel. You can clearly see the south gates behind the NW brothers. Unless he enters the tunnel to take a piss without being seen by the others, he is going north of the Wall.

2 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

The end of the episode shows Jon entering the Wall tunnel. You can clearly see the south gates behind the NW brothers. Unless he enters the tunnel to take a piss without being seen by the others, he is going north of the Wall.

I will have to re watch it because I didn't see that.

If he wants to get killed and be part of White Walker army. sure he can go North of the Wall.

5 hours ago, mattnj81 said:

I think Tormund's comment was talking to Jon about Mance, and Tormund was saying he believes Jon is the one to lead them through the long night.

Exactly. Trailer seemed to point for Tormund to talk about Jon but given his rebirth, he'll think Jon is the one and not Mance. It might be in the scenes where they try to covinced Free Folk to go into war with them.

10 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

If the show is being consistent,  the 'south' gate of Castle Black actually faces west,  parallel to the Wall.  You can see it in season 5 episode 5 where Stannis begins his march out of Castle Black to meet the Boltons at Winterfell.  

That means the tunnel that Jon enters is to the east,  which would seem more likely to be one of the alcoves in the inner wall of Castle Black,  rather than the Wall tunnel.  

15 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

No. He's going to inside of Castle Black...packing bags, figuring out what to do next. He wouldn't just walked off through tunnel and go North of the Wall or leave Night's Watch like that. Why the hell would he even go there?

I wondered this because it looks like he is shown walking through what looks like the tunnel that leads north of the wall, not out the CB gates. However, I agree that it doesn't seem like there is enough time for him to do much up there, especially not find Bran, before the battle of the North. Maybe he will have some self-reflection time at the weirwood? We shall see!

11 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

If the show is being consistent,  the 'south' gate of Castle Black actually faces west,  parallel to the Wall.  You can see it in season 5 episode 5 where Stannis begins his march out of Castle Black to meet the Boltons at Winterfell.  

That means the tunnel that Jon enters is to the east,  which would seem more likely to be one of the alcoves in the inner wall of Castle Black,  rather than the Wall tunnel.  

Probably true, I guess part of me wanted for him to visit the weirwood grove beyond the Wall, where his watch started as an official member. And freeze his ass off wishing he didn't give his cloak to Edd, hehehe. 

Castle Black works as well, I guess it would be one less scene to worry about. 

5 hours ago, mattnj81 said:

I agree, I think Tormund was referring to Jon as being the one to lead them through the long night.

Just now, Xcorpyo001 said:

Probably true, I guess part of me wanted for him to visit the weirwood grove beyond the Wall, where his watch started as an official member. And freeze his ass off wishing he didn't give his cloak to Edd, hehehe. 

Castle Black works as well, I guess it would be one less scene to worry about. 

I was just about to post a further verification of the 'south gate actually faces west' idea...It can be found in S5E10,  when Melisandre returns to CB alone. 

14 minutes ago, calilou said:

I wondered this because it looks like he is shown walking through what looks like the tunnel that leads north of the wall, not out the CB gates. However, I agree that it doesn't seem like there is enough time for him to do much up there, especially not find Bran, before the battle of the North. Maybe he will have some self-reflection time at the weirwood? We shall see!

You are forgetting key points, Jon doesn't even know Bran is alive let alone is north of the wall.

On 11/5/2016 at 10:06 PM, Dlrsa said:

from which source is that? I'm not aware of this

6 hours ago, Ludo Kressh said:

I don't think Jon's going that far North. He may have went to the weirwood grove outside the Wall to chill for a while(He just hanged four people and got resurrected, if it were me I would need some quiet time to process all that.) I'm pretty sure his story arc is having him going to Winterfell and rallying the houses to fight the Boltons.

I also don't think Jon will go North. He knows North is not safe. Maybe he will return to Winterfell, but meanwhile he will be somewhere between WF and The Wall, unless someone else joins him and decide to go elsewhere.

1 hour ago, bb1180 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hLl3G64WhY

From this episode you see Jon returning from beyond the Wall(dealing with the traitors) through an entrance on the east side of Castle Black. I guess on the North side we have only the lift and a scaffolding used for hangings and such, and the (edit)East side of the wall of Caste Black is a continuation of the Wall entrance, having the tunnel inside it. And we have other buildings and such above and on the sides of the exterior part of the tunnel, for murder holes and such. And some living quarters or the mess hall.

So yes, you are correct, he is going east, inside a tunnel facing west. But that tunnel meets a perpendicular one going through the Wall, so we are both right in  a way.

Or maybe I’m just stubborn and don’t want to admit I’m wrong. Buut I’m 49% sure I’m not.

Archived