Bran heads to CB, tells John about his linage?

Ludvig Carlson

18 hours ago, Masha said:

I do agree with you. Other than for personal feels, what is the point for Bran/Jon know about his heritage with NO way to prove it? IF they can't prove it with the way that everyone would convinced, why does it matter if Jon is Targeryen or not? Its not like Daemon Blackfyre, he was a Bastard but nobody doubted that he was a Targ bastard. For Jon, legitimate or not, nobody (even him) would ever believe that he is son of Rhaegar. 

The only way I can see it, if Dany is in Westeros and one of her dragons just flies off by itself and basically attaches itself to Jon. And then, have Jon to be revealed that he is son of Rhaegar.  Thats the only way I can see this happening.

Yes, I think something like that too... or maybe George will make something in the next books. 

One thing that I always think is that a lot of people asume that Dany and Jon will be allies or even fall in love, but if it is revealed that Jon is son of Raeghar (and a lot of people believe in Jon ) it means that he will be first in the line of succession. Until they change the first great council decision, maybe Dany and Jon will be actually fighting for the throne. Or maybe some houses will want to create that fight.   

On 5/26/2016 at 11:01 PM, Nev yn said:

Still not sure how this became an interpretation of that scene (by D&D or others).  Ned was portrayed as closed-lipped about everything to do with Jon and Lyanna. There's never an indication that he claimed to defeat Arthur Dayne fair and square, in the books or in the show.

Except, you know, the actual TOJ scene?

Bran: "He's better than my father."
3EC: "Far better."
Bran: "But my father beat him."
3EC: "Did he?"
Bran: "I know he did, I heard the story a thousand times."

And after Howland Reed steps in to save Ned, Bran says in a surprised tone, "He stabbed him in the back."

This implies that the accepted story of the battle at the TOJ is that Ned defeated Arthur Dayne in single combat. Ned is also widely known for being a man of honor, so it can be assumed that the story was that he defeated Arthur Dayne in an honorable manner. So, when the story Bran has heard a thousand times is proven to be partly false, and calls Ned's honor and honesty into question, it suggests that this might not be the only time Ned's honor wasn't ironclad, or that he lied about something, e.g. Jon's parentage.

This is show-only, of course. In the books, Bran is aware that Ned couldn't have defeated Arthur Dayne without Howland Reed. But the show needed a way to set up the R+L=J reveal without it seeming completely out of character for Ned to have lied about something.

On 5/27/2016 at 8:55 AM, Arianne B.V said:

Yes, I think something like that too... or maybe George will make something in the next books. 

One thing that I always think is that a lot of people asume that Dany and Jon will be allies or even fall in love, but if it is revealed that Jon is son of Raeghar (and a lot of people believe in Jon ) it means that he will be first in the line of succession. Until they change the first great council decision, maybe Dany and Jon will be actually fighting for the throne. Or maybe some houses will want to create that fight.   

I don't think in the show they would actually be fighting for the throne. (In the books, perhaps between Dany and fAegon), but I believe that by the time Dany reaches Westeros (next season) the WW will breach the Wall and Jon with North will be too busy fighting for their survival and have no time to deal with Dany, other than her dragons.

Perhaps, war of words between letters and grand announcements then Dany joins WW fight and one of them or both, likely to die before end of that war

On 26. 5. 2016 at 5:28 PM, doghouse said:

Ultimately, Jon's parentage doesn't matter from a political point of view. I think it will only be there to establish that he can ride dragons and not burn in the fire like Dany. Really, once the White Walkers wage havoc south of the wall, even the Lannisters and Boltons and other enemies will be begging for someone like Jon to save them. 

Only Daeny is Unburnt and you don't need to be Targ to ride a dragon.

On 26. 5. 2016 at 5:46 PM, W1NT3RF3LL said:

He is going to have to ally with Dany at some point as she controls three dragons and the army that she will most likely have at the point in time  in which they meet.  There has been so much emphasis placed on who his parentage is and hell the freaking title to the story is named after his parents (I know this is not confirmed and just my opinion but it is pretty obvious, and yes you can equate it to other things in the story) that him simply ruling the north would be so anti-climatic.  In my opinion he is the next Aegon first of his name.  I know I could very well be wrong, but to me personally it makes absolutely zero sense to go through all of this to have him just be like meh I want winterfell, now leave me be.

So you think he'll change his name from Jon to Aegon. I would understand Jon Targaryen maybe but this one no.  He's Jon and he should reman this way. Makes zero sense to change him from Jon to Aegon.

On 6/1/2016 at 6:27 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

Only Daeny is Unburnt and you don't need to be Targ to ride a dragon.

So you think he'll change his name from Jon to Aegon. I would understand Jon Targaryen maybe but this one no.  He's Jon and he should reman this way. Makes zero sense to change him from Jon to Aegon.

I wasnt implying that he was going to change his name, I was showing what role he is to play and that will be of what Aegon did when he conquered Westeros.

47 minutes ago, W1NT3RF3LL said:

I wasnt implying that he was going to change his name, I was showing what role he is to play and that will be of what Aegon did when he conquered Westeros.

It could be more fitting to Dany. Didn't George said something about her being similiar to Aegon?

Archived