I feel bad for the sand snakes actresses

Asma Ben Hamouda

11 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Like I said, believe what you want, man. But even if we accept that, I still don't see her headlining franchises or being in Oscar nominated films like her white peers. It's really telling that the biggest profile role she got after her Oscar win was a secondary mo-cap role. And this is an Oscar winner we're talking about  Now think of the actors of color who haven't made it that far, see if you like their odds. 

But I guess it was her professional goal to be offered less roles, or something?

You do realize that Black Women and Men have won Oscars before....right?

There is no conspiracy against Black actors in Hollywood. They win awards all the time Here are some you may not have heard of:

-Halle Berr
-Oprah (The Color Purple)
-Whoopey Goldberg
-Morgan Freeman
-Denzel Washington
-Will Smith
-Tyler Perry
-Chris Rock
-Jaime Foxx
-Cuba Gooding Jr.
-Samuel Jackson

14 hours ago, Oil_Blood_Water said:

You do realize that Black Women and Men have won Oscars before....right?

There is no conspiracy against Black actors in Hollywood. They win awards all the time Here are some you may not have heard of:

-Halle Berr
-Oprah (The Color Purple)
-Whoopey Goldberg
-Morgan Freeman
-Denzel Washington
-Will Smith
-Tyler Perry
-Chris Rock
-Jaime Foxx
-Cuba Gooding Jr.
-Samuel Jackson

You are absolutely correct, I've never heard about Oprah, Will Smith, Chris Rock, Tyler Perry or Samuel L. Jackson winning an Oscar, probably because that actually didn't happen. It seems your reading comprehension skills are as bad as your Google searching skills, since the mods told us to drop the topic. 

Anyway, I think a problem with the Sand Snakes were the godawful accent they had to work with. Only very skilled actors can make an accent like that function (Pedro Pascal) or at least seem tolerable (Indira Varma, Alexander Siddig). So:

Lame accent + terrible lines + questionable actors' direction (thinking particularly about the infamous Obara monologue) = lackluster performances

And if to that we add the tight schedule they were working with at the Alcazar Gardens, we have a recipe for disaster. 

19 minutes ago, kalle said:

Not at all , to be so bad and still get on tv wow

Sorry but it is true, you can't blame them, it was not their fault, it is a material/directing problem, it's exactly the same problem with sansa from season 1 to season 4, the showrunners are focusing on some characaters by giving them better scenes and dialogs (because people love them) and forgetting the others by giving them shitty dialogs

Archived