Will Cersei's trial even happen?

dsug

4 minutes ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

Thanks for reminding me that Mace and the Tyrell clan wanted Garth for MOC. Now I can see how you draw your conclusion.

But Cersei wanted to defer the loans from the Iron Bank altogether. Is she now seeing logic? And if she is seeing logic, what other "non-crazy" things will she do that Varys did not plan for?

Also, Swyft was already making preparations to sail to Braavos from KL. It would be extremely inefficient to wait for Garth, who is still in the Reach, to travel to KL then go to Braavos. Meanwhile, Swyft is ready almost immediately.

I do not think cersei seeing logic, I just think that it takes time to prep a ship and gather a retinue to sail to a foreign land and treat with a powerful group, and Swyft was not making plans, he was just given the order.  We don't have a timeline for the trials, but since Kevan sending Swyft was only mentioned in the epilogue and he died right after, there would be days of preparation for several ships,supplies, guards, servants and sailors to accompany the MOC to Bravos. With the Regent and the Grand Maester dead, there would be suspicions and time would be required to sort them out. This could give time for cersei to win her trial and resume the regency.

Cersei doesn't have the power to attack them. The KL army is Tyrell. Who the Gold Cloaks will answer to after Kevan's death is up in the air, we know nothing about their new commander, but even if they prove to be wholly loyal to Cersei (utterly unlikely given they've been strengthened with Tyrell men) 2k men are not going to take down the Faith.

Cersei would have to either flee or manage to hold up in the Red Keep while someone raises an army for her. Which begs the question who.

It's just not going to play out that way. The story needs Strong to display his invincibility.

I believe the trial will happen and that Cersei will win on the grounds that she still has work to do / witness.

- She must witness all 3 of her childrens deaths first and only after each is crowned (profecy).
- She will die at the hands of her brother (as will he die to her at the same time) (profecy).                                                                      - Clegane Bowl (in my view) WILL happen but not at the trial because of the above 2 reasons.

I also believe that Robert Strong/UnGregor has an important part/statement to make in that his creation wasn't just to die...he is going to crush someone/peoples before he gets put down and seeing (or rather reading) that he hasn't done anyone in yet just means he will win the trial and in a very "spectacular/brutal" manner, making the statement for Cersei that she "Is Back". 

And I'm sure I missed something else to.

Just my 2cents worth hardly anything "absolute".

Archived