So Brienne is being sent to Riverrun...

The Water Dancerr

40 minutes ago, Philpenn said:

What's the harm if Brienne and Pod find themselves in the middle of a Lannister army?  No one knows them to be in Stark service do they?  Pod is a Lannister man, and Brienne has the Lannister sword.  That alone gets them to Jaime, who tells everyone else they're cool.

Doesn't Brienne still have a royal writ from Jaime and signed by Joffery?

So if we're following this crazy idea that D&D are still following the books , does Brienne get caught and roped in to bringing Jamie to a fill in for Lady Stoneheart. Or is she only there to tell Jamie she followed their little pact and found Sansa/Arya and you're off the hook now for keeping that promise to mrs. stark.

2 hours ago, Dmcarter88 said:

Who else went with Brienne to the Riverlands? Apart from Pod that is.

Did Jon and Tormond go with them? The rest of the Wildlings?

My understanding was that it was Brienne only who was to go to the Riverlands (naturally taking Pod) but that Jon and Davos would be rallying the Northern Houses. Mel will be following after Jon, I don't know about Tormund. The Wildling army will presumably stay put until it's time for battle - they're not going to win the loyalty of any Northern lords to Jon's side.

Just had a thought - Tormund wouldn't be taking Hyle Hunt's part by any chance? 

They wanted to hold off resurrections due to not wanting to over play their hand (they wanted Jon to be more meaningful, I'm sure), but now that that's done, they could quite easily bring in Lady Stoneheart if they wanted to.   Show a scene with Thoros and a veiled women hanging some Freys and then later show them taking Pod and Brienne.  Everything else could end up playing much the same way as in the books.  Though Brienne may have to go to KL to fetch Jaime.

Archived