Will Euron Greyjoy sail west?

Hodor's Aunt

If we assume that "Planetos" actually is a planet it should be possible to reach Asshai from the Arbour sailing west. I am aware of the fact that according to GRRM no man has sailed the sunset sea west and lived. But on the real world nobody survived the western passage until Leif Ericson (an Ironborn aka as viking!). So Euron may be bold enough to try. And he might have superior knowledge how it safely works. He could surprise both his brother and Daeny (if she has met with Victarion and is aware of Euron) by showing up from the "wrong direction". Plus he and or Danaerys could surprise Westeros by comming from the west and directly reach for the rich lands on the western shore that are poorly defended (as shown by the iron fleet lately). It would even fit with the prophecy that Daenerys had to go east to reach the west. Euron might even have sailed the route and cut the tongues of his sailors to keep the secret. Near the equator (that would be the hight of the Arbour Island I guess) it should be way faster to sail in a westward direction. So he might use that to his fortune as well.

I think that might be a twist in WoW.

Hmmm...I think GRRM has stated no POV will ever go to Asshai. I think Euron is going to use blood magic of some kind to destroy the Redwyne fleet and then he has a date in Oldtown. There are too many Chekhov's Guns there for them not to go off in a chain reaction. Sam is there with the Horn of Joramun, "The Death of Dragons" book, the faceless man that is probably there to steal said book, glass candles that are now burning, the great watch tower with a base of mysterious black stone....the same stone the seastone chair and the entire city of Asshai is made out of. 

..yeah I think Euron has a date in Oldtown. 

Not that Euron has proven himself to be entirely reliable, but he clearly tells Aeron he intends to head east after he wreaks havoc and destruction all over Old Town.  But he's got to sail south to go east (shades of Quaithe) and one can't help but wonder if he has any special plans for Dorne.  Gads.  This guy is going to be a complete terror.  

On 6/3/2016 at 7:05 PM, Unknownfinger said:

Hmmm...I think GRRM has stated no POV will ever go to Asshai. I think Euron is going to use blood magic of some kind to destroy the Redwyne fleet and then he has a date in Oldtown. There are too many Chekhov's Guns there for them not to go off in a chain reaction. Sam is there with the Horn of Joramun, "The Death of Dragons" book, the faceless man that is probably there to steal said book, glass candles that are now burning, the great watch tower with a base of mysterious black stone....the same stone the seastone chair and the entire city of Asshai is made out of. 

..yeah I think Euron has a date in Oldtown. 

This Euron is creating a giant blood sacrifice imo.

4 hours ago, Unknownfinger said:

Oh absolutely! The only questions is whether he plans to raise krakens or what ever Lovecraftian horror the Iron Born think is a god. 

I am hoping for both.

So far we have seen the Old God's power and the power of the Red God. I think Aeron finally gets an answer to his prayers finally and Cthulhu is summoned.

I also think that Patchface met the Drowned God while he was underwater missing.

Archived