Episode Preview Discussion

Xarkar

I think Lancel will blurt out eeeeevery little dirty secret he knows. As to what happens once he's done... no idea. Chaos, most like. Cercei snaps, FrankenGregor goes apeshit, bunch of folk chanting "brotherfucker!" at the Holy Sept of Baelor... Something epic, I presume.

To give us a small respite from all the action, I forecast a waterdance with words at Dorne, as Olenna and Varys go mano-o-mano wielding sarcastic wit, fighting for the alliance of the snaky bastards who no-one really gives a damn at this point. Buggering Lannisters with some bloody Dornish spears would be something both the QoT and the Eunuch might be interested in. I can't really think where else Varys would've gone and I sure as hell don't believe Olenna would just be sitting idly at Highgarden twiddling her wrinkled thumbs.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:50 AM, Xarkar said:

Cut to Dany touching Dario's face.  Tyrion continues above "good, you are in the great game now"

Cut back to Tyrion talking to Dany on the steps. Voice over continues " and the great games terrifying"

The great game he is referring to of course is dwarf tossing.

21 hours ago, StoneyTargaryen said:

It would be neat if Jamie finally finds a sliver of his book redemption arc and kills Walder Frey for his crimes. Likely wishful thinking, but I still think/hope the late Lord Frey is toast. Maybe Arya jumped into Littlefinger's magic wormhole and makes it to the Twins. A girl can dream.

Story arcs are not necessarily taking place simultaneously. In the books there was considerable jumping around in time because individual arcs were being recounted at different times.

6 hours ago, Iona said:

I think Lancel will blurt out eeeeevery little dirty secret he knows. As to what happens once he's done... no idea. Chaos, most like. Cercei snaps, FrankenGregor goes apeshit, bunch of folk chanting "brotherfucker!" at the Holy Sept of Baelor... Something epic, I presume.

To give us a small respite from all the action, I forecast a waterdance with words at Dorne, as Olenna and Varys go mano-o-mano wielding sarcastic wit, fighting for the alliance of the snaky bastards who no-one really gives a damn at this point. Buggering Lannisters with some bloody Dornish spears would be something both the QoT and the Eunuch might be interested in. I can't really think where else Varys would've gone and I sure as hell don't believe Olenna would just be sitting idly at Highgarden twiddling her wrinkled thumbs.

Cersei had an affair with Lancel, but he would not know about her and Jaime.

Lancel is a cousin, so having an affair with him would not be illegal outside of it being out of wedlock. If it happened while Robert was still alive, then it would be treason, but if that was the case the principal offender would be Lancel himself, so you would think that he would keep that to himself.

She would probably be sent to join the faith as a Septa (which is what generally happened to shamed high born women) as punishment, something she would be unwilling to do.

14 hours ago, tugela said:

Cersei had an affair with Lancel, but he would not know about her and Jaime.

Lancel is a cousin, so having an affair with him would not be illegal outside of it being out of wedlock. If it happened while Robert was still alive, then it would be treason, but if that was the case the principal offender would be Lancel himself, so you would think that he would keep that to himself.

She would probably be sent to join the faith as a Septa (which is what generally happened to shamed high born women) as punishment, something she would be unwilling to do.

Folks have been shouting "brotherfucker" at Cercei without any actual eye-witness accounts of incest before, at least during her walk of shame - that's just the kinda thing a mob does when there's a dirty rumour around, and there certainly is, courtecy of Ned and Stannis. HS brings up the accusations of twincest when Cercei "confesses", but she denies it fervently. I don't think the Faith will let it be brushed off that easily, so these accusations could be brought up also during the trial.

Cercei admitted to having sex with Lancel in her confession to HS and the wording of that conversation points to hanky-panky happening while Robert was still alive. There's also that little hunting accident... Cousin Lancel is such a pious little bugger now he might easily confess in exchange for the Mother's mercy.

40 minutes ago, Iona said:

Folks have been shouting "brotherfucker" at Cercei without any actual eye-witness accounts of incest before, at least during her walk of shame - that's just the kinda thing a mob does when there's a dirty rumour around, and there certainly is, courtecy of Ned and Stannis. HS brings up the accusations of twincest when Cercei "confesses", but she denies it fervently. I don't think the Faith will let it be brushed off that easily, so these accusations could be brought up also during the trial.

Cercei admitted to having sex with Lancel in her confession to HS and the wording of that conversation points to hanky-panky happening while Robert was still alive. There's also that little hunting accident... Cousin Lancel is such a pious little bugger now he might easily confess in exchange for the Mother's mercy.

Cersie will not be present at trail.

1 minute ago, Iona said:

Would you care to elaborate?

If she go to trail she know/think she will not survive, so she will do anything to not go to trail. There is plenty foreshadowing about her action.

2 minutes ago, Cragen said:

If she go to trail she know/think she will not survive, so she will do anything to not go to trail. There is plenty foreshadowing about her action.

Hmm, a double-edged sword indeed... I'm thinking Tommen should be at the trial, and Cersei would be loathe to let HS and co. fill his ears with accusations without the possibility to defend herself. She could be brazen enough to think she can brush off the most horrendous accusations (like twincest). But then again, it's Cersei, so stupid and bat-shit-crazy is not out of the question either...

2 minutes ago, Iona said:

Hmm, a double-edged sword indeed... I'm thinking Tommen should be at the trial, and Cersei would be loathe to let HS and co. fill his ears with accusations without the possibility to defend herself. She could be brazen enough to think she can brush off the most horrendous accusations (like twincest). But then again, it's Cersei, so stupid and bat-shit-crazy is not out of the question either...

In episode 8 she look like she is scared to go out of Red Keep, especially with faith militants. I think we will have Ser Gregor in action again, maybe shame Septa get smashed.

1 minute ago, Cragen said:

In episode 8 she look like she is scared to go out of Red Keep, especially with faith militants. I think we will have Ser Gregor in action again, maybe shame Septa get smashed.

Hahaa, true enough! If there's any lioness-spirit still left in Cersei, Unella will meet the Seven soon! :D

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the wildfire cache below the Sept of Balor one of deposits that Book Tyrion discovered and used at the Blackwater? I bring this up because if we are indeed going down the road of Mad Cersei burns the city I think Show Cersei will attempt to “only” detonate the collection of wildfire that has been discovered under the Sept in a surgical strike (comparably speaking) to wipe out the HS and the FM. Unfortunately, this has the unintended consequence of setting off ALL the secret wildfire, destroying the whole city and killing Tommen.

The reason I think the show will pursue this route is that Show Cersei has consistently been depicted as less evil and crazy as her book counterpart.  Book Cersei will blow up the whole city to eliminate the Sept of Balor but Show Cersei will try to eliminate just the Sept but burn the whole city down and kill her son.

4 minutes ago, Count Winter said:

I want ZombieMountain to go berserk on those sparrows! It's about time Loras gonna die, there is not much need of him in this story anymore. The great knight of flowers or whatever gonna have a reality check...

I think he's a goner as well. Oh course, I've always subscribed to the theory that Loras really did get messed up at the Battle of Dragonstone so I don't think he'll be around in the novels much longer either. However, I due seem to recall that Martin at one point saying something along the lines that D&D could regret cutting the two older Tyrell brothers. So just maybe he survives to serve their function, but I doubt it. 

19 hours ago, Iona said:

Spoiler

Johnathan Pryce has already stated she doesn't show up. The sept fills with people. He doesn't realize something bad is about to happen to him and it does. 

Adios High Sparrow.

Archived