Episode Preview Discussion

Xarkar

I don't believe Cersei would set wildfire that would place her last living child at risk. However

Spoiler

Tommon kills himself, not by fire - possibly because he learns his mother was incestuous? possibly because Margaery is condemned which makes better sense as he knows he's too weak to help her and he loves her. However he may well leave her pregnant.

which would give Cersei ample motive to feel she has nothing left to lose so FIRE.

Has anyone any idea why Dany looks so tender towards Daarios? I didn't think she was really fond of him. He helped Jorah rescue her from the Dothraki crones house, but she has never liked his attitudes. So why the power tenderness now? Maybe goodbye, never see you again as she sets off for Westeros. Still no big deal. I could see her tender about Missandei even Greyworm if she left them behind. Not Daarios. So why?

On June 20, 2016 at 2:10 PM, dbunting said:

I took this as Walder making a joke about the Red Wedding, when Roose stabbed Robb he made that comment, the Lannisters send their regards.

It's a line that only matters if there were survivors from Robb's side who heard that line delivered and remembered it.

Were there any?

1 hour ago, Morgain said:

Has anyone any idea why Dany looks so tender towards Daarios? I didn't think she was really fond of him. He helped Jorah rescue her from the Dothraki crones house, but she has never liked his attitudes. So why the power tenderness now? Maybe goodbye, never see you again as she sets off for Westeros. Still no big deal. I could see her tender about Missandei even Greyworm if she left them behind. Not Daarios. So why?

Perhaps because Kinvara the High Priestess of the Red Temple of Volantis have convinced Danaerys that she needs to burn Daario to put the wind in her sails to speed to Westeros.

6 hours ago, Count Winter said:

I want ZombieMountain to go berserk on those sparrows! It's about time Loras gonna die, there is not much need of him in this story anymore. The great knight of flowers or whatever gonna have a reality check...

Not much need of him? You forget that Ser Loras and Queen Margaery are the younger, more beautiful versions of Ser Jaime and Queen Cersei.   Think of these four as paired jack and queen from two suits of cards: one Lions and the other Flowers.  As one pair, so the other.

You are right that word will soon spread that the Knight of Flowers died screaming in the blaze. Many, perhaps most, will believe those words.

Yet it is not to be!  Like a lovely spider spinning her hidden web in secret, the quiet queen has carefully plotted her family’s revenge against the Beggar Septon and her brother’s safe release from durance vile.  At hope’s last gasp Margaery will strike swift and true, winning both a certain sparrow's death and her beloved brother's safety.

Then together under cover of pandemonium our bent jack and his brave queen will steal away to join their waiting grandmother, and not one of the three is ever seen King's Landing again.

6 hours ago, ErasmusF said:

Johnathan Pryce has already stated she doesn't show up. The sept fills with people. He doesn't realize something bad is about to happen to him and it does. 

Adios High Sparrow. 

Dude, you a spoilah...

3 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It's a line that only matters if there were survivors from Robb's side who heard that line delivered and remembered it.

Were there any?

Not necessarily. Aside from breeding like rabbits, the red wedding is the Frey's greatest achievement. He's gonna brag about it any chance he gets.

Book-wise there were survivors.  Show-wise, only Edmure I think.

7 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Not much need of him? You forget that Ser Loras and Queen Margaery are the younger, more beautiful versions of Ser Jaime and Queen Cersei.   Think of these four as paired jack and queen from two suits of cards: one Lions and the other Flowers.  As one pair, so the other.

You are right that word will soon spread that the Knight of Flowers died screaming in the blaze. Many, perhaps most, will believe those words.

Yet it is not to be!  Like a lovely spider spinning her hidden web in secret, the quiet queen has carefully plotted her family’s revenge against the Beggar Septon and her brother’s safe release from durance vile.  At hope’s last gasp Margaery will strike swift and true, winning both a certain sparrow's death and her beloved brother's safety.

Then together under cover of pandemonium our bent jack and his brave queen will steal away to join their waiting grandmother, and not one of the three is ever seen King's Landing again.

This is brilliant 

4 hours ago, Adam141414 said:

Will Theon find out about Ramsey's death? 

I would like to see his reaction. 

I would have liked to have seen Theon meet Ramsey again on level footing - Theon as a Greyjoy & out of captivity. 

Oh theon. I hope things turn out ok for him. Wud be crazy if he ended up king

8 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Were there any?

Why do you think this? I see it as a rallying cry type of thing, like bragging. This is the first time since the Red Wedding that we have seen Frey's and Lannisters together on screen. I imagine Walder is bragging to Jaime about Roose saying that as he stabbed Robb and all the Freys have heard it a million times and love it.

2 hours ago, ErasmusF said:

Well I didn't see it that way since it was a public interview, and I am just speculating on the end, but I have fixed it. 

Don't know, maybe the boundaries of spoilers are becoming more lax nowadays with all the reddit leaks and interviews floating around, but I'm one of those stubborn conservatives - if we haven't seen it on the show it's not to be revealed without a warning sign. I come to the forum and see things and still go on speculating as if I never did - it's easy with my memory... :D

On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 9:13 PM, CrypticWeirwood said:

Were there any?

Jaime is the one who told Roose to give Robb Stark his regards, Walder apperently realized this and is trying to suck up to the one person who can protect his family I would guess.

11 hours ago, MattH77 said:

The guy in the shadows at the end is leaving the Sept of Baelor and appears to be in a bit of a hurry. I suspect it's Qyburn. Why would he want to leave so quickly? Has he set off a bit of wildfire?

I knoooooooooooooow. I am guessing Cersei will become The MAD Queen.

On 6/23/2016 at 8:55 AM, Morgain said:

I don't believe Cersei would set wildfire that would place her last living child at risk. However

Reveal hidden contents

Tommon kills himself, not by fire - possibly because he learns his mother was incestuous? possibly because Margaery is condemned which makes better sense as he knows he's too weak to help her and he loves her. However he may well leave her pregnant.

which would give Cersei ample motive to feel she has nothing left to lose so FIRE.

She had already lost her son. Tommen has been a puppet of the High Septon. Let's just wait for his death.

Archived