Bakker XLV: Optimal Tip-to-Tip Damnation (no TGO Spoilers)

lokisnow

I think the thousand fold thought is basically cloud computing across thousands of brains. It produces a bigger entity, a bigger thinking entity, than one human alone (even a Dunyain). Of which Kellhus is merely an apex. I want to say something about a certain scene in TGO, but no spoilers! But it's the scene with "Who better to burn them?" in it. The voice that says that.

On 1/8/2017 at 8:09 AM, Andorion said:

I have just finished the Prince of Nothing trilogy. I have not read any of the Aspect Emperor books. 

Without spoiling me, is it possible to talk about what the Thousandfold Thought actually is?

I was discussing this with a friend on another forum and we agreed that it was the ability of the Dunyain to achieve perfect comprehension of causality and thus to step outside it. 

Kellhus, presumably, is not able to use the probability trance to see outcomes beyond the circumfix. Presumably, this is also true if moenghus.

i say presumably because they both claim in text the probability trance failed them at the circumfix but neither are reliable claimants. Kellhus has his "there was revelation" moment well before the circumfix, for example, and continues on the path toward it in spite of recognizing the danger and how conditioned his path to it is.

moenghus creates ttt as a mechanism to bypass the limitations of the probability trance. This is his first description of it.

moenghus later describes ttt as "a great rule change" along the viramsata metaphor, but kellhus doesn't unite fanimry and inrithism as so described, he eradicated fanimry and coopted  inrithism.

Someone once theorized that moenghus crafted the thought to break a dunyain, because an intact dunyain such as himself wasn't capable of achieving what was needed. I really like that theory.

On 1/8/2017 at 11:09 AM, Andorion said:

I have just finished the Prince of Nothing trilogy. I have not read any of the Aspect Emperor books. 

Without spoiling me, is it possible to talk about what the Thousandfold Thought actually is?

I was discussing this with a friend on another forum and we agreed that it was the ability of the Dunyain to achieve perfect comprehension of causality and thus to step outside it. 

That'd be more grasping the absolute.  Pretty confident that the second trilogy, though it may not answer this, may steer the question a bit.

Crackpot: the inchies introduced the two-heart phenomenon per the Tekne, but more importantly, all male cunoroi-human hybrids have black semen.  I strongly feel TUC will confirm this.

Archived