so nobody in Westors actually has any friends ?

6 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Dany has no real friends she is one of the most alone characters on the show, made more so when her brother is gone.

she has lovers = dario and drogo

she has advisors = jorah tyrion selmy

she has followers = missandei, grey worm etc...

I disagree. The scene where Dany is braiding Missandei's hair show that their relationship is a lot more than just Queen and her servant.

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I disagree. The scene where Dany is braiding Missandei's hair show that their relationship is a lot more than just Queen and her servant.

Was it not part of Shae's job description as hand maiden to do Sansa's hair along with change her pot and other tasks ? they may be discussing personal details and offering advice etc.... it's no different than a woman going to the hair dressers and discussing things with them... they may be friendly, it doesn't make them her friend.

One of Arya's skills is making friends wherever she goes. So Mycah the butchers boy, Lommy, Gendry, Hot Pie, Lady Crane. Some of those are close friendships, some not but as Sansa says in the book 'Arya will make friends with anyone'. Which is funny because if you are going to play the game you need those people skills.

15 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Was it not part of Shae's job description as hand maiden to do Sansa's hair along with change her pot and other tasks ? they may be discussing personal details and offering advice etc.... it's no different than a woman going to the hair dressers and discussing things with them... they may be friendly, it doesn't make them her friend.

You missed the point. It was Dany that was braiding Missandei's hair. There is nothing in the job description of being the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms that entails braiding your servants hair.

6 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

You missed the point. It was Dany that was braiding Missandei's hair. There is nothing in the job description of being the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms that entails braiding your servants hair.

But there is still a queen and follower divide, sure she isn't gonna behead her for giving advice but cross her and she will get the same treatment Doreah was given.

Obv we don't behead people for wronging us today, but if two people betrayed you in some manner, one being your best friend and the other being someone you worked with and got along. You would obviously be more likely to be forgiving to your best friend.

She punished Doreah and Xaro equally showing although she may have been on friendly terms with her, she never saw her as anymore of a friend than some stranger she met on Qarth

And she treats Missandie = Doreah.

3 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

both parties use each other for a purpose, not different to stannis and the red queen ? more of a business deal than a friendship built on love.

i can't tell with showTormund, but how do Beric and Thoros use each other? They are useful to each other but that doesn't preclude friendship. It's not like Beric wants Thoros to ressurect him (it's the opposite) and Thoros doesn't get anything from it. and in the books Thoros literally calls Beric sweet friend at one point.

2 minutes ago, Shuvuuia said:

i can't tell with showTormund, but how do Beric and Thoros use each other? They are useful to each other but that doesn't preclude friendship. It's not like Beric wants Thoros to ressurect him (it's the opposite) and Thoros doesn't get anything from it. and in the books Thoros literally calls Beric sweet friend at one point.

The lord of light choose Beric and Thoros serves the lord of light. ?

1 minute ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

The lord of light choose Beric and Thoros serves the lord of light. ?

but it doesn't exclude friendship? they seem to like each other and act friendly, they could've even become friends before the first ressurection that Thoros didn't expect to work

(i don't understand if the show Beric supposed to be the current actor's age or he is supposed to be the first season's actor's age but looks older because of the ressurection, but if the former, show Beric and Thoros could've even been friends since the Greyjoy rebellion)

24 minutes ago, Shuvuuia said:

but it doesn't exclude friendship? they seem to like each other and act friendly, they could've even become friends before the first ressurection that Thoros didn't expect to work

(i don't understand if the show Beric supposed to be the current actor's age or he is supposed to be the first season's actor's age but looks older because of the ressurection, but if the former, show Beric and Thoros could've even been friends since the Greyjoy rebellion)

I'm not saying people don't get along on the show, my initial post was pointing out that nobody seems to have any best friends that will back them no matter what the cost without wanting something in return the show is full of acquaintances or work friends if thats the way to put it.

A poor example would be if 2 friends were on a night out and one of them does something stupid and ends up getting in bother with 10 guys, a true friend will back his buddy 100% even though he caused the problem and it will end up most likely both of them getting bettered by the 10 men but they still do it not for any other reason than they care about them and don't want to see them get hurt... similar to how a family works.

on the show not one character seems to have that someone willing to have their back unless its for a cost, or they have swore an oath or they have the greater numbers and it's a sure win situation.

im not sure but his resurrections could be ageing him faster but at the same time we don't see jon any older but maybe it would need to be a good more to see any noticeable difference.

Archived