I'm curious as to who Daella and Rhae married?.....

Emie

10 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

I am not sure that Oldtown was affected by Winter Fever. After all winter in Reach is rather mild and Winter Fever was normal illness (i think) not epidemic plague like Great Spring Sickness.

Considering that people in the North, the Vale, and KL died of the Winter Fever makes that assumption very unlikely. It seems to be a plague that broke out in the winter and was thus named 'the Winter Fever' just as 'the Great Spring Sickness' occurred in spring and got it name from the season.

20 hours ago, Emie said:

Oh that's true. I forgot about that. Well either way, the Dayne's must have Valryian blood possibly from hundreds or a thousand years back, and that's why the present day Dayne's had purple eyes. 

I think that it was the other way around. The Valyrians have Dayne blood not the Daynes have Valyrian blood.

19 hours ago, Isobel Harper said:

I'm not too familiar with the theories themselves to quote, but several users have proposed a "Proto Valyrian" race inhabiting Westeros before the Dawn Age.  From this race came the Valyrians and the fair-featured First Men, like the Daynes.  

That is what I believe more or less.

After all Egg's mom is a Dayne so they might be OK to marry their princess to queen's house.

I don't think that Dyanna Dayne ever became the queen consort, because she died before Maekar ascended the throne. 

45 minutes ago, Emie said:

I don't think that Dyanna Dayne ever became the queen consort, because she died before Maekar ascended the throne. 

This doesn't prevent Rhae or Daella marying Dayne. But i don't think that Maekar would marry his daughter to person from lesser branch of any house.

On 11/20/2016 at 0:27 PM, Paxter Redwyne said:

This doesn't prevent Rhae or Daella marying Dayne. But i don't think that Maekar would marry his daughter to person from lesser branch of any house.

Oh I know that, I was just correcting the other poster on Dyanna Dayne dying before ever being a queen. 

On 16/11/2016 at 9:35 PM, purple-eyes said:

I always feel one of them somehow married to a Dayne thus we got DarkStar.

After all Egg's mom is a Dayne so they might be OK to marry their princess to queen's house.

Yet the Daynes of High Hermitage is a cadet house of landed knights when Dyanna was most likely born a Dayne of Starfall. They are not the same. 

14 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Yet the Daynes of High Hermitage is a cadet house of landed knights when Dyanna was most likely born a Dayne of Starfall. They are not the same. 

Maybe just because of this princess, this lucky Dayne was granted lands to build his own house? 

I always feel that if Elia Martell marries a second son like Arthur Dayne, then Arthur would certainly have chance to build his own branch. 

On 29/11/2016 at 7:58 AM, purple-eyes said:

Maybe just because of this princess, this lucky Dayne was granted lands to build his own house? 

This would make sense if there was a highborn bride but not a princess. Why one of Westeros most eligible brides, if not the most eligible, should marry a younger son?

On 29/11/2016 at 7:58 AM, purple-eyes said:

I always feel that if Elia Martell marries a second son like Arthur Dayne, then Arthur would certainly have chance to build his own branch. 

That would make sense. But if Elia had more sisters there would had been no reason for a new house.

On 11/28/2016 at 9:01 AM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

59 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

This would make sense if there was a highborn bride but not a princess. Why one of Westeros most eligible brides, if not the most eligible, should marry a younger son?

That would make sense. But if Elia had more sisters there would had been no reason for a new house.

Marry for love? 

I was saying Elia married Arthur then House Martell could grant land to Arthur and make him to build a cadet house of Dayne. Not a branch house of Maetell. 

On 11/13/2016 at 1:54 PM, Lord Varys said:

That doesn't sound very likely considering that Egg tries to forge alliances with the Tyrells and Redwynes by marrying his children into those families. There would have been no need to do this if one of Egg's sisters already had married recently into the Reach nobility.

Which is the reason Egg did not marry any of his children to the Starks as it is possible Melantha and Betha were sisters or at the very least cousins. So I agree with this.

On 10/30/2016 at 5:44 PM, Lord Varys said:

1. A love match involving them running away and marrying without permission with the royal family only accepting it years later.

With this scenario, I am hoping for a Lancelot/Guinevere-esque Dunk and Egg story.  

10 hours ago, Pain killer Jane said:

Which is the reason Egg did not marry any of his children to the Starks as it is possible Melantha and Betha were sisters or at the very least cousins. So I agree with this.

While I agree with the fact that Melantha and Betha might have been close kin there also the fact to consider that Aegon V might have already enjoyed the support of the North. After all, he greatly helped the Northmen during that dreadful six-year-winter, and presumably they would have been grateful for that and not oppose his reforms.

Two marriage alliances in the Reach and one in the Riverlands could indicate that his strongest critics were living in those regions and was thus in greater need to buy the friendship of the great lords there.

Archived