Crackpot or REALLY Crackpot: Zhondo and Aysha

YOVMO

Had a thought this morning. In his newest video Preston Jacobs (yes I know not everyone likes him as much as me) draws what I believe to be convincing evidence that Quhuru Mu is a stooge of Marwyn. I won't rehash his evidence here. Everyone knows where to find the video if they want (Deeper Dorne 11).

Quhuru doesn't speak the common tongue (though does seem to be a little sketchy as we know he speaks High Valyrian and Maester Aemon would speak high Valyrian and so Quhuru not communicating except through Xhondo is a little suspicious) and as such talks to sam and aemon through Xhondo Dhoru.

In Sam IV Sam notes, when thinking about telling his problems with Gilly to Xhondo, that "Xhondo would not understand what I was saying. Or if he did, he'd just tell me to fuck the girl again. "Fuck" had been the first word of the Common Tongue that Xhondo had learned, and he was very fond of it."

This always struck me as odd because in that same book, just a little further on, we know of another seafaring man from sometime in the past who knew very little of the common tongue and the word "fuck" was one of the words he knew. In the chapter The Kraken's Daughter "She (Asha) had surrendered her virtue at six-and-ten, to a beautiful blonde haired sailor on a trading galley up from Lys. He only knew six words of the Common Tongue, but "fuck" was on of them"

Ok, I see what you are about to say and let me cut you off before you say it. You are thinking, Oh YOVMO you stupid moron Xhondo is a Summer Islander and decidedly not a beautiful blonde haired sailor. I have to admit, hypothetical person calling me a stupid moron, you do have a point. However, by the time we get to this part of feast we have at least three separate ways in which someone can change their appearance. They can use artifice. They can use glamor. They can facechange.

If it is the case that Quhuru is working for Marwyn as PJ suggests AND since it is the case that Xhondo is working for Quhuru then (whether he realizes it or not) Xhondo is working for Marwyn. Now we have two groups who have been known to dramatically change their appearance. We have the faceless men and we have the red priests (artifice is taught to Mel early and she is a master at glamour). Xhondo could have changed his appearance with help/connection to the temple of R'holler. He could have done it if he is or if he is being helped by the faceless men and, further, it could simply be that Marwyn, in his many years studying magic in Essos, picked up the art of glamours or even picked up the magic of facechanging or is somehow in league with the Red Priests or the faceless men. Loads of possibilities here.

But even if this is all true, what would Xhondo, Quhuru and, in the end, Marwyn want with deflowering Balon Greyjoy's daughter? Well, I will be honest, I do not know. I know that Asha has kingsblood which some people think is important. I know Euron wants dragons in the world and so does Marwyn. I know the Greyjoys are disliked by the Hightowers who would be a natural enemy for Marwyn. I can't piece together a reason, but I feel there might be something.

That said, because I can't put together a reason why Marwyn would want a connection of this nature to Asha Greyjoy I am throwing it out there to see where it goes. Please be gentle.

Putting aside the fact that I do not share your viewpoint that anyone on Xhondo's crew can change their appearance...

Just because someone (Quhuru) is employed by someone else (Marwyn) does not mean that they had the same business relationship 6 years earlier, or if they even knew each other.

To me there should be no connection between Marwyn and Asha.

44 minutes ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

Putting aside the fact that I do not share your viewpoint that anyone on Xhondo's crew can change their appearance...

Just because someone (Quhuru) is employed by someone else (Marwyn) does not mean that they had the same business relationship 6 years earlier, or if they even knew each other.

To me there should be no connection between Marwyn and Asha.

That is fair enough and in no way did I mean to suggest that this was anything other than crack pot riffing of an idea that hit me in the shower. I will say, however, that while you are right that just because someone is employed by someone elese it doesn't mean they had the same business relationship 6 years earlier, it also doesn't mean they didn't. I think we can agree that Marwyn is up to something. I think we could agree that that something is about dragons. I further think it is clear that in the 8 years he spent is essos he was learning very specific and arcane bits of knowledge which probably had to do with whatever it is he is planning. We know Marwyn has a glass candle. We know that he has access to various types of magic and has made it a point to learn from loads of people from different walks.

Further we know that the Iron Born are in some way connected to the dragon story (and maybe in more than one ways) and we know that Asha is from a line of Kings.

Finally, we know that a strange sailor who knew only one word, the word "fuck," of the common tongue with blonde hair took Asha's virginity. It seems unlikely that a sailor with blonde hair would be that limited in his speaking of the common tongue. For a summer islander it makes more sense. Further we know that Quhuru's guy, Xhondo, is a summer islander who, at one point in the not too distant future, only knew a handful of words....one of which being "fuck"

Again, this isn't a pet theory of mine and I am more than willing to accept that it is wrong, but would it really be sooooooooo beyond the pale to think that at least some of these connections are more than coincidence. And mind you, I am asking because I would like to know what you think not to argue the point. Also because work is slow and this is much, much more fun.

4 hours ago, YOVMO said:

That is fair enough and in no way did I mean to suggest that this was anything other than crack pot riffing of an idea that hit me in the shower. I will say, however, that while you are right that just because someone is employed by someone elese it doesn't mean they had the same business relationship 6 years earlier, it also doesn't mean they didn't. I think we can agree that Marwyn is up to something. I think we could agree that that something is about dragons. I further think it is clear that in the 8 years he spent is essos he was learning very specific and arcane bits of knowledge which probably had to do with whatever it is he is planning. We know Marwyn has a glass candle. We know that he has access to various types of magic and has made it a point to learn from loads of people from different walks.

Further we know that the Iron Born are in some way connected to the dragon story (and maybe in more than one ways) and we know that Asha is from a line of Kings.

I forgot about the title. my bad.

I have worked in multiple international organisations, and strangely enough, you pick up the curse and swear words up the quickest in any language (simply because of the way they are expressed). Any words similar to shit, fuck, damned etc are all equally short and expressive, whether it is in English, German, Dutch, French, Polish, Romanian, Portugese or Spanish...

Sailors would need to know how to ask where prostitutes could be found, so for a sailor to know the word fuck, that's easy.

This is meant as parody, right?

I mean see these two bricks, might have been part of a cracked pot greek amphore once, thus ancient Greeks reached America. This requires completely rethinking world history.

Come on, all you have is two sailers saying "fuck", one works on a somewhat special ship, descriptions differ. This is bad, even for a parody. While Preston Jacobs conveniently disregards/overemphasises things to construct his far-reaching narratives, even he is not THAT blatant.

Archived