NBA 2017: The Kings of Comedy

Jaime L

Bonkers Cavs-Wizards game tonight. Both team throwing haymakers all 4th quarter long. Worth checking out the highlights just to see the shot Lebron made to send this one to OT. Every single time I thought the Wizards put a stake in the Cavs heart either Lebron or Irving made a ridiculous shot to counter.  

But the guy who won the night for the Cavs was Love. He put up a 39/12 and gets to return to his locker and hear rumors about how Lebron wants to trade him for Melo....because of reasons? Can't see why Lebron would want another ball dominant player who isn't great from 3 (or rebounding) to pair with him and Irving. Love seems to be the better fit every way. But maybe it's just Lebron's annual "light a fire under Kevin's ass" alarm went off. Seems to happen right around Groundhogs Day, doesn't it? 

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Holy shit, that was bonkers. And he hit it over a defensive player who was trying to eat his brains.

Looked to me like Bradley Beal was..........................late. 

58 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Bonkers Cavs-Wizards game tonight. Both team throwing haymakers all 4th quarter long. Worth checking out the highlights just to see the shot Lebron made to send this one to OT. Every single time I thought the Wizards put a stake in the Cavs heart either Lebron or Irving made a ridiculous shot to counter.  

But the guy who won the night for the Cavs was Love. He put up a 39/12 and gets to return to his locker and hear rumors about how Lebron wants to trade him for Melo....because of reasons? Can't see why Lebron would want another ball dominant player who isn't great from 3 (or rebounding) to pair with him and Irving. Love seems to be the better fit every way. But maybe it's just Lebron's annual "light a fire under Kevin's ass" alarm went off. Seems to happen right around Groundhogs Day, doesn't it? 

From everything I've heard, LeBron wants to play with Melo but even he understands that you can't trade Love for Melo straight up.  That's highway robbery.  

I think it's more likely the Cavs trade for Melo without Love (remember, Melo has the no trade clause and can force the Knicks to take a shitty package if they want to get rid of him).  If Love is involved, expect the Cavs to get back a lot more than just Melo.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

A large white clam pie from Lombardi's and a bag of fresh bagels? The Knicks don't have a lot more than just Melo. Who do they have other than Porzingas?

I honestly don't know, but I don't think there's any chance that the Cavs trade Love for Carmelo straight up.  Various "in the know" Cavs sources back that up.  Supposedly it would take a pretty significant offer to pry Love from Cleveland, and Carmelo Anthony by himself is not going to do it.  

Also worth noting that any Cavs/Knicks trade story written by Frank Isola is probably bullshit.  The guy is a hack. 

Knicks should hold on to Melo till the off season while making sure they get into the lottery. Deal him then, imho.

Circling back to my comments on Boggie Cousins a couple of months ago, yesterday's incident perfectly illustrates why we will always be the biggest waste of talent in NBA history. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2691630-demarcus-cousins-shoves-bulls-assistant-coach-jim-boylen

It's not so much the push of the coach, its the continued anger and outrage he shows. This is a man with the same emotional intelligence of our current POTUS. 

4 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Holy shit, that was bonkers. And he hit it over a defensive player who was trying to eat his brains.

Yeah, that was an incredible game judging by these highlights. Wish there was a site that did like 10 minute breakdowns of each game, would have liked to see more of this.  

8 hours ago, Relic said:

Knicks should hold on to Melo till the off season while making sure they get into the lottery. Deal him then, imho.

Melo will be just as hard to trade during the off-season, and he'll still have the no trade clause.  

1 hour ago, briantw said:

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Melo will be just as hard to trade during the off-season, and he'll still have the no trade clause.  

The landscape of the league changes in the off season and there might be a few more appealing possibilities after free agents are signed so,  I disagree. It will be easier to trade him in the off season. 

14 minutes ago, Relic said:

The landscape of the league changes in the off season and there might be a few more appealing possibilities after free agents are signed so,  I disagree. It will be easier to trade him in the off season. 

I don't know...I think all Melo really wants to do is play with either Chris Paul or LeBron James if he has to leave New York, and I don't think that's going to change.  It sounds like he's already nixed Boston as a destination, and Boston wasn't all that interested in him to begin with.  Melo is still going to have all the power in the offseason.  He is ultimately going to pick where he lands.

Well a trade to the Clippers in the offseason would benefit the Knicks more than it would now, since they can;t trade for Blake with Rose on the books. 

Neither of us actually know if the Clips and Cavs are the only two places Melo would agree to go. What if the Lakers signed a big FA? What if Chicago wanted him? Miami? Its clearly obvious that right this moment the Knicks would get virtually nothing in return for him, which makes trading him pretty stupid. We're getting a lottery pick with or without Melo. 

@Relic,

I have a hard time seeing how Melo gets traded at all. He'll only waive his no-trade option for a few destinations, and none of those teams have anything of value they could package in return. So unless the Knicks are willing to get nothing in return, he isn't going anywhere. 

42 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Relic,

I have a hard time seeing how Melo gets traded at all. He'll only waive his no-trade option for a few destinations, and none of those teams have anything of value they could package in return. So unless the Knicks are willing to get nothing in return, he isn't going anywhere. 

Well, they really want to offload Melo, so my guess is they probably take the best offer on the table from a team he's willing to play for.  This is assuming Jackson is planning on staying.  If not, who knows?

The Knicks have hit a new low. Garden legend Charles Oakley was arrested during the game last might for heckling team owner (and all around shitheel) James Dolan, and for then allegedly scuffling with security after Dolan had him removed. What a disgrace. 

3 minutes ago, Relic said:

The Knicks have hit a new low. Garden legend Charles Oakley was arrested during the game last might for heckling team owner (and all around shitheel) James Dolan, and for then allegedly scuffling with security after Dolan had him removed. What a disgrace. 

This was my favorite quote:

"He took off his watch and asked somebody to hold his watch."

Oakley was ready to beat someone's ass.

19 hours ago, briantw said:

Well, they really want to offload Melo, so my guess is they probably take the best offer on the table from a team he's willing to play for.  This is assuming Jackson is planning on staying.  If not, who knows?

But that doesn't leave many options. The only teams I've heard of that he wants to go to are Cleveland and the Clippers. Cleveland has nothing to offer (assuming their big 3 are off the table), the Clippers have even less to offer unless they'd offer Blake, which I think is highly unlikely. So unless they're willing to except a bag of magic beans in exchange for Melo, I think it's unlikely that he will be traded. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

But that doesn't leave many options. The only teams I've heard of that he wants to go to are Cleveland and the Clippers. Cleveland has nothing to offer (assuming their big 3 are off the table), the Clippers have even less to offer unless they'd offer Blake, which I think is highly unlikely. So unless they're willing to except a bag of magic beans in exchange for Melo, I think it's unlikely that he will be traded. 

Again, Melo has said that there is no list, and that no one asked him to give them a list. So what you are hearing is purely conjecture.

Archived