DeCon JonCon- I Don't Understand

Pride of Driftmark

7 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

That's why we see him disregard any doubts he might suspect regarding Aegon's payernity. 

Is this the thing where JonCon makes note of Aegon and Rhaegar's different eye color or is there a quote where he actually expresses doubt about Aegon's paternity?

19 minutes ago, bent branch said:

Is this the thing where JonCon makes note of Aegon and Rhaegar's different eye color or is there a quote where he actually expresses doubt about Aegon's paternity?

This is the thing where JonCon makes note of Aegon and Rhaegar's different eye color. 

I know you get really angry at folks who think Aegon is The Blackfyre, so before we turn this thread into that debate, let me just point out that whether Jon nurses, or has suppressed, doubts about Aegon's paternity is not necessarily relevant to Aegon's paternity, but it is highly relevant to Jon Connington's character, and why he is doing what he is doing, which is what the OP is questioning. 

(In other words, Jon Connington can wonder about Aegon's paternity, and Aegon can still be the son of Rhaegar.)  

58 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

This is the thing where JonCon makes note of Aegon and Rhaegar's different eye color. 

I know you get really angry at folks who think Aegon is The Blackfyre, so before we turn this thread into that debate, let me just point out that whether Jon nurses, or has suppressed, doubts about Aegon's paternity is not necessarily relevant to Aegon's paternity, but it is highly relevant to Jon Connington's character, and why he is doing what he is doing, which is what the OP is questioning. 

(In other words, Jon Connington can wonder about Aegon's paternity, and Aegon can still be the son of Rhaegar.)  

Ah, you don't understand what made me angry and that is what made me angry. Anyhow, here is the quote where JonCon "doubts" Aegon's parentage. I'll let people decide for themselves.

"Your father's lands are beautiful," he said. His silvery hair was blowing in the wind, and his eyes were a deep purple, darker than this boy's. "As do I, Your Grace. Please, be seated. Ser Rolly, we'll have no further need of you for now." ADWD - A Griffin Reborn

And "Light a wight tonight" makes a good point.

16 minutes ago, bent branch said:

Ah, you don't understand what made me angry and that is what made me angry. Anyhow, here is the quote where JonCon "doubts" Aegon's parentage. I'll let people decide for themselves.

And "Light a wight tonight" makes a good point.

That made me laugh. Sounds like what I hear all the time at home! :D

@Light a wight tonight usually does make a good point. 

From what I can recall Jon Con is haunted by his loss at the Battle of the Bells, where he believes he failed his beloved silver prince. Had he been able to kill Robert at the Stoney Sept his beloved Rhaegar would have lived and the loyalist would have praised him. (f)Aegon has given him a chance for redemption, so he won't fail the son the way he feels he failed the father.  Even after he got greyscale his position hasn't changed much, he will live until he can see (f)Aegon upon the Iron Throne and his rule cemented. I don't think he cares much about what will happen after that, including Griffen's Roost since it's not like he has a son to inherit it. 

Archived