The numbers of ASOIAF.

Varysblackfyre321

I recently came across this thread: 

@AlaskanSandman really again great thread btw. I came to the conclusion 13 seems to have connotations with that of betrayl-likely in my opinion due to the # 13 being seen as a unlucky number due to the biblical story of Judas being Jesus of Nazerath 13 follower and the one to betray him. So what's else there people? What numbers seem to have a reoccurring trend?

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I recently came across this thread: 

@AlaskanSandman really again great thread btw. I came to the conclusion 13 seems to have connotations with that of betrayl-likely in my opinion due to the # 13 being seen as a unlucky number due to the biblical story of Judas being Jesus of Nazerath 13 follower and the one to betray him. So what's else there people? What numbers seem to have a reoccurring trend?

Thank you! I have some other thoughts on it but wrestling with many aspects of it. 

As i mentioned, some of the 13's point back to Jaehaery's time and his wife Alysanne's 13th child that i think is a bastard born on her by a Northerner. Bael? The Stark Lord? Bael's Son? Im not sure.

But this child produced Daemon the Rogue Prince imo, who also carved 13 in the Weirwood tree at Harrenhal. 

Daemon also married and had kids with Rhaenyra Targargyen who i link as descending back through House Stark through Torrhen's daughter.

So i think there was some sort of House Stark take over. But the relation between House Stark and House Blackwood whom they took the Wolf's wood from or were given. Bloodraven being of House Blackwood and tied to 13 more than any one else. With a lot of seeming clues pointing to Bloodraven as the Nights King. Which may explain why we've never heard of some one leading the head of the Other's army. Maybe it's bloodraven, maybe not. But it's so hard to ignore the signs. And he's the last Greenseerer, so Jon and Bran's roles are different i think.

Then there is the Melisandre possible connection. The Bleeding (Bloodraven) Star (Shiera SeaStar). 

So we have BR loving a woman with pale skin and a sorceress.

Then Stannis and maybeeee Jon and Melisandre in the same parallels. Again, really hard to ignore. Specially her birthing shadow demons having some close ties to the Azor and Nissa Nissa mythos. 

Then there is Dany. Which i have always wondered about her and dead Jon having "never born children" together. As, he's dead. 

Archived