Am I alone in not believing what Littlefinger says about the Vale lords because it seems like it

The WolfSpider

2 hours ago, The WolfSpider said:

I said I don't believe Littlefinger

that is cool, but as I pointed out to you Sansa's original source on the Hunter brothers is not Littlefinger as in ASOS she finds out while Littlefinger is away on business

Her new husband seemed to spend more time at the foot of the mountain than he did atop it. He was gone now, had been gone the past four days, meeting with the Corbrays. From bits and pieces of overheard conversations Sansa knew that Jon Arryn's bannermen resented Lysa's marriage and begrudged Petyr his authority......and old Lord Hunter had died so suddenly that his two younger sons were accusing their elder brother of having murdered him. 

Now later Littlefinger adds that he suspects the younger Hunter brother, but the rumors that it was him were brought to Sansa by other people rather than Petyr. 

And the same is true of Lyn Corbray as Myranda Royce jokes about him most likely being gay. Two independent sources think that he is gay, and I'm not even sure why that is a big deal. Why would him being gay be something that Littlefinger would make up? 

Point of fact:  you are responding to points I did not make. I never claimed it was the sex that that made it greedy or grasping

Yeah you did, you should reread your post.  Here is the paragraph which you wrote

The examples of Frey grasping behavior is legion and it amazes me that I have to show any but it's clearly stated even the Freys don't trust other Freys, more so if they're not full blood relatives. Walder paid a hefty dowry to get a Frey in Roose's bed. Emmon gripes that he doesn't get Paramountship of the Riverlands. Black Walder screws his patriarch's own wife, may be trying to kill his brother. Legion!

You bring up their greedy and grasping behavior and then bring up Black Walder having sex as one of  your 'legion; of examples. 

Now it is possible that you are not familiar with how paragraphs work, but for most people who read English your paragraph reads like the sex was an example. 

that's purely a fabrication on your part, one which you deny and yet keep perpetuating.

No, I just re quoted the paragraph. If you don't know were you went wrong ask a friend. 

It's the inherent grasping nature of having sex with a married woman. He wants the ego gratification. 

Yeah, not all sex is about ego gratification, sometimes people want to have sex because they like sex.

He could pay a whore if he just wanted plain ol' sex. He didn't,

how do you know he also does not do that? 

Again, sex is not always about the ego, some people enjoy it. 

he wants to be acquisitive, he wants to weasel in there. There's a reason weasel/stoat/ermine imagery keeps being used in relation to the Freys

Yeah, it is mainly due to their appearance. 

We see many Freys who don't act like 'weasals' despite their appearance, and the fact that we have never even met this Maester the fact that you think he is a murderer based on nothing more than his last name speaks of someone jumping to conclusions. 

Willamen only became a Maester in 298, Hunter died in 299. We actually have no idea if he was even in the Vale at the time of  Hunter's death or if he has had any contact with his father in that time. 

but it's all just out of your mental grasp unfortunately.  

Ok, what ever makes you feel better about yourself. 

But I was wrong.  Watching you chase your tail is actually fun.

cool, I am happy to amuse. 

You have to be trolling!

I said I do not trust Petyr's words, specifically about Harlan in this example, then you cite an example of other people talking about other Hunters. I mention specifically Harlan, I mention specifically Petyr's words,  what point in mentioning other people's words about vague Hunters? It's like you want to prove my point even while arguing against it. I said previously I suspect Petyr aligned with another Hunter and so Harlan would be a smokescreen, or a patsy. That is why I BELIEVE him to be lying.  

I find it amazing that you read a sentence about someone having sex with their great grandfather's wife and instead of being shocked or appalled like many people you just view it as sex. Apparently with no reason why one should avoid doing that or maybe steer one's self towards a brothel so as to avoid adultery or wronging family member.   But I guess when someone is dying of thirst they'll drink from any cup eh? Are you that thirsty friend? 

Some would say it makes good sense for it to be Willemen as the murderer since the death happened shortly after his arrival. As noted Old Lord Hunter lived a long time just fine before letting the weasel into his home,  he even felt spry enough to offer to fight Bronn. Personally  I steered clear of this because it seemed like it would be at bad idea for him to do this so soon  but I may be mistaken,  apparently there are some out there who are not able to piece it together so easily. ;)

19 hours ago, The WolfSpider said:

I said I don't believe Littlefinger and I think Willamen the true murderer. No theory,  no assumption. 

Point of fact:  you are responding to points I did not make. I never claimed it was the sex that that made it greedy or grasping that's purely a fabrication on your part, one which you deny and yet keep perpetuating. It's the inherent grasping nature of having sex with a married woman. He wants the ego gratification.  He could pay a whore if he just wanted plain ol' sex. He didn't,  he wants to be acquisitive, he wants to weasel in there. There's a reason weasel/stoat/ermine imagery keeps being used in relation to the Freys but it's all just out of your mental grasp unfortunately.  

But I was wrong.  Watching you chase your tail is actually fun.

That is a both a theory and an assumption.  Your a weird guy.

On 7/12/2018 at 9:28 AM, The WolfSpider said:

Time and time again I see people talking like it's canon that Harlan Hunter is a murderer,  Lyn Corbray is a kid toucher and everything Petyr says about all of them is true. I don't buy it. I think he knows he's on a slippery slope there and isolating Sansa to keep her from possible allies and maybe even relatives.  

Lyn Corbray could be a blood relative as well as the best knight in the Vale, so dangerous. 

I'm not sure about Harlan Hunter but #4 in succession is a long way to murder to the top from! I think Maester Willamen is to blame myself, trying to get Janyce Hunter nee Frey in there. I also think Petyr most likely has an ally in House Hunter, anyone other than Harlan. I don't think he would be allied with the Freys though. 

TL;DR I don't trust anything derogatory he says about Valemen because he's got motive to lie

While he may have motives to lie about some of the Valemen, I doubt he does for these guys.  The Hunters seem to be a relatively unimportant house located in a remote section of the Vale, and it does appear that somebody murdered their Lord.  I can see no reason for the maester to have done it.  Whoever Janyce is, I don't think she is in line to lead House Hunter, and in any case is married to a likely future Lord Frey.  I think one (or more) of the sons did it, possibly over their father's attitude towards Littlefinger.

As or Lyn Corbray, the important fact here is that he is secretly working for Littlefinger, although may not be as loyal as Littlefinger thinks.  That he is also gay is not in doubt, but I doubt that is all that important.

While Littlefinger is obviously keeping Sansa isolated, I doubt that these would be figures she wold turn to in any case.  Somebody like Yohn Royce, who is a Stark supporter and obvious opponent of Littlefinger and whose castle is conveniently near Gulltown, would be a more likely choice.  At this point, she is unlikely to give trust easily, and Royce's views are not only favorable for her, but well-known.

5 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

That is a both a theory and an assumption.  Your a weird guy.

You're

....and no it's a belief and an opinion. I'm not hawking any theories if you looked at the OP it's:

"Am I alone in not believing what Littlefinger says about the Vale lords because it seems like it"

You could take my belief about Willamen out of context and call it a theory if you want,  I won't object too much I guess.  But there's no assumption as I wasn't saying anything definitively.  I asked a question and stated that it seems like people buy it hook, line and sinker.  

I read that the forums were full of kids that try to run everything into the ground but I didn't realize it was this bad. 

33 minutes ago, The WolfSpider said:

You're

....and no it's a belief and an opinion. I'm not hawking any theories if you looked at the OP it's:

You could take my belief about Willamen out of context and call it a theory if you want,  I won't object too much I guess.  But there's no assumption as I wasn't saying anything definitively.  I asked a question and stated that it seems like people buy it hook, line and sinker.  

I read that the forums were full of kids that try to run everything into the ground but I didn't realize it was this bad. 

It's not that I buy it hook, line and sinker, it's that I see no reason to doubt it, on this subject at least.  Whether or not Harlan actually murdered his father, Littlefinger believes that he did.  In any event,I doubt that the Hunters are going to play a part in the future story.  And I see no reason to doubt LF's assertion that Corbray is secretly working on his behalf, or that he is gay (although I am going to assume that his "boys" are at least well into their teens, and therefore adults in Westeros).  Whether or not he would help Sansa, I doubt that he is someone she would go to in any event.

Now, as for his claimed plans in regard to Harrold Harding, Winterfell, etc., I have a few doubts on that one.  As does everyone else, I think.

47 minutes ago, Nevets said:

While he may have motives to lie about some of the Valemen, I doubt he does for these guys.  The Hunters seem to be a relatively unimportant house located in a remote section of the Vale, and it does appear that somebody murdered their Lord.  I can see no reason for the maester to have done it.  Whoever Janyce is, I don't think she is in line to lead House Hunter, and in any case is married to a likely future Lord Frey.  I think one (or more) of the sons did it, possibly over their father's attitude towards Littlefinger.

As or Lyn Corbray, the important fact here is that he is secretly working for Littlefinger, although may not be as loyal as Littlefinger thinks.  That he is also gay is not in doubt, but I doubt that is all that important.

While Littlefinger is obviously keeping Sansa isolated, I doubt that these would be figures she wold turn to in any case.  Somebody like Yohn Royce, who is a Stark supporter and obvious opponent of Littlefinger and whose castle is conveniently near Gulltown, would be a more likely choice.  At this point, she is unlikely to give trust easily, and Royce's views are not only favorable for her, but well-known.

I agree Bronze Yohn is the obvious choice but that may make it more manageable to keep him apart from Sansa. I think it would be clever and forward thinking of him to isolate her from potential allies and those traits are kind of his hallmark.  

From a narrative viewpoint it seems like an area ripe for one of GRRM's red herrings or plot twists.  

WoW could reveal him to be a man of honor, a man of virtue more devoted to martial pursuits and to being with the fellas and yes a man with a righteous indignation towards douches and it wouldn't directly conflict with any of the intimations made about him from unreliable sources.  Just a thought. 

You're

More like full of kids who can't admit when they're wrong.  What is the point of submitting a theory if not to receive the input?  You expect everyone to just go "wow you're so smart!"?  Everyone has pointed out why LF is probably not lying and you refuse to accept it.  Get over yourself Mr. grammar police.

29 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

More like full of kids who can't admit when they're wrong.  What is the point of submitting a theory if not to receive the input?  You expect everyone to just go "wow you're so smart!"?  Everyone has pointed out why LF is probably not lying and you refuse to accept it.  Get over yourself Mr. grammar police.

Look it's not a theory, I've said that.  It's far from groundbreaking. I asked if I was alone in thinking this because yes I wanted to discuss it. That's all.  Since then I've been fending off silly little arguments that largely amounted to "nuh uh this is what was said in the books" which I already knew,  we all knew.  I'm more interested in digging deeper,  fresh takes. Not everything is a new theory.  If this has become the wrong place to do that then it has truly been ruined.  

13 hours ago, The WolfSpider said:

Look it's not a theory, I've said that.  It's far from groundbreaking. I asked if I was alone in thinking this because yes I wanted to discuss it. That's all.  Since then I've been fending off silly little arguments that largely amounted to "nuh uh this is what was said in the books" which I already knew,  we all knew.  I'm more interested in digging deeper,  fresh takes. Not everything is a new theory.  If this has become the wrong place to do that then it has truly been ruined.  

When you submit an opinion and ask for other people's opinions on it, that is a theory.  I have no idea why you are so against that word.

It seems clear to me that your not interested in digging deeper, because what more can be said other than what is in the books?  As has been pointed out there are multiple sources claiming the same thing as what LF claimed, so whether he was wrong in his claim or not, it is unlikely he was lying, which is what you stated in the OP.  Once people pointed out the other sources making the same claim, it should have been clear to you why everyone believes him, and even if you still don't for whatever reason, you should be able to accept that the majority is taking the position the evidence points to.

6 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

When you submit an opinion and ask for other people's opinions on it, that is a theory.  I have no idea why you are so against that word.

It seems clear to me that your not interested in digging deeper, because what more can be said other than what is in the books?  As has been pointed out there are multiple sources claiming the same thing as what LF claimed, so whether he was wrong in his claim or not, it is unlikely he was lying, which is what you stated in the OP.  Once people pointed out the other sources making the same claim, it should have been clear to you why everyone believes him, and even if you still don't for whatever reason, you should be able to accept that the majority is taking the position the evidence points to.

I didn't do that though.  I asked a question.  I have no idea why you are trying so hard to force that label.  Do you take some pleasure in trashing theories and so need the fodder?  I asked a question to invite speculation but there does seem to be those small minded people around here who hate that. 

I'm happy that some gave their thoughts unoriginal though they may be and I certainly accept other people's beliefs though they are certainly not digging deep. More to the point it seems as if the ability to read between the lines and/or look at the spaces in between what is said and what is interpreted is lost on some and that's okay, I don't mean anything derogatory by that it just is. If you can't do it, and I don't mean you specifically,  then leave it to others.  

My bone of contention lies mostly with silly arguments against what I've said. To say "obviously I don't want to dig deeper because there is nothing more in the books" is a completely false argument.  I'm talking about looking at different interpretations.  Looking for double entendres, which GRRM is fond of.

It is clear to me why people believe Littlefinger, it always was. It's very obvious.  You are SUPPOSED TO. That is when my critical thinking skills kick in and I start to question the line I'm being fed. Is what he says what the others are saying? Are their differences? Only he says Lyn works for him,  only he names a specific Hunter. Why the differences?  Are they significant.  

Why are we gulping down words from a notorious scoundrel?  His sigil is a mockingbird ffs, a lying bird lol. 

On 7/16/2018 at 4:56 PM, The WolfSpider said:

You have to be trolling!

No, of course not. People not agreeing with you is not a sign of trolling. 

I said I do not trust Petyr's words,

That is fair, but being untrustworthy does not necessarily mean everything Littlefinger lies every time he opens his mouth and you didn't really give a clear reason why Littlefinger would need to lie about these two people and given that others corroborate Littlefinger's assumptions it appears, whether they are true or not, they are rumors that Littlefinger has not created. 

specifically about Harlan in this example, then you cite an example of other people talking about other Hunters.

No, I pointed out a few misconceptions your original post

• GRRM has used 'boys' before to reference someone being gay, rather than a pedo so Littlefinger was not calling Lyn a pedophile. It should also be pointed out that littleinger talks of his tastes as being 'simple' which I imagine pedophilia would not be as well as Sansa not thinking any worse of him after she is told about his sexuality, which she more than likely would have if she thought of him as a pedo
  • littlefinger was not the only one to call him gay, Myranda Royce is another source as would the fact that he is still unmarried in his mid 30's
  • lord Hunters death was being blamed as patricide by others before littlefinger got spoke to Sansa about it

I mention specifically Harlan, I mention specifically Petyr's words,  what point in mentioning other people's words about vague Hunters?

The point is officially the previous Lord Hunter died of natural causes, the rumors that it was foul play and one of his sons was started by his actual sons. The rumors that the Hunters were killing each other was started by the Hunters, what exactly do you think Littlefinger gains by insinuating one brother over another? 

It's like you want to prove my point even while arguing against it. I said previously I suspect Petyr aligned with another Hunter and so Harlan would be a smokescreen, or a patsy. That is why I BELIEVE him to be lying.  

Littlefinger has just predicted another death, now if it is not the younger Hunter brother then the most likely suspect would be Littlefinger himself. 

I find it amazing that you read a sentence about someone having sex with their great grandfather's wife and instead of being shocked or appalled like many people you just view it as sex.

It is an arranged marriage, poor Anarra Farring is stuck in a shitty marriage with a man old enough to be her grandfather. I'd imagine most women in her position would find more pleasant distractions than servicing her ancient husband.  

Apparently with no reason why one should avoid doing that or maybe steer one's self towards a brothel so as to avoid adultery or wronging family member. 

Depends on the person, Black Walder seems something of an eccentric in their society, not only does he refuse to marry but he's also not a knight despite being one of the best regarded warriors of the Riverlands. He, appears, to not respect traditional conventions. 

Sleeping with someone under the same roof is likely a lot more convenient than riding to the nearest town. 

But I guess when someone is dying of thirst they'll drink from any cup eh? Are you that thirsty friend? 

i have no idea what you are trying to insinuate here. you do realize we are talking about fictional characters, right? 

Some would say it makes good sense for it to be Willemen as the murderer

you mean you, singular, I have seen no one else jump to this conclusion. 

since the death happened shortly after his arrival.

we don't actually know that. he may not have even arrived at Longbow Hall by the time of the death given that he only recently got his vows, there is more than a thousand miles by land between Oldtown and Longbow Hall. Nor do we know the cause of death or where it happened. 

40 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

The point is officially the previous Lord Hunter died of natural causes, the rumors that it was foul play and one of his sons was started by his actual sons. The rumors that the Hunters were killing each other was started by the Hunters, what exactly do you think Littlefinger gains by insinuating one brother over another? 

Trolling. I didn't insinuate anything I said clearly that most likely he would have done this to alienate Sansa from potential allies. 

40 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

That is fair, but being untrustworthy does not necessarily mean everything Littlefinger lies every time he opens his mouth and you didn't really give a clear reason why Littlefinger would need to lie about these two people and given that others corroborate Littlefinger's assumptions it appears, whether they are true or not, they are rumors that Littlefinger has not created. 

Another example of not reading what I say or simple trolling. The rumors say one of the Hunters. PETYR says Harlan. That's not a corroboration that's his own twist.  

43 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

Littlefinger has just predicted another death, now if it is not the younger Hunter brother then the most likely suspect would be Littlefinger himself. 

Sure he's going to go over there and murder someone.  Strong argument genius. 

51 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

GRRM has used 'boys' before to reference someone being gay, rather than a pedo so Littlefinger was not calling Lyn a pedophile. It should also be pointed out that littleinger talks of his tastes as being 'simple' which I imagine pedophilia would not be as well as Sansa not thinking any worse of him after she is told about his sexuality, which she more than likely would have if she thought of him as a pedo

Absolutely correct.  Whether he's a pedo, gay, celibate or was actually in love with and saving himself for Lysa Arryn doesn't matter,  it was Petyr who disparaged his character and that is the point. Only Petyr has said anything negative about Harlan & Lyn. That should be questioned unless one is a Littlefinger fanboy. 

56 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

have no idea what you are trying to insinuate here. you do realize we are talking about fictional characters, right? 

It wasn't an insinuation about fictional characters

31 minutes ago, The WolfSpider said:

Trolling.

what part of my post do you imagine is trolling you? 

I didn't insinuate anything I said clearly that most likely he would have done this to alienate Sansa from potential allies. 

How does that alienate Sansa, who herself is suspected to have played a part in the death of Joffrey, from them? She watched Littlefinger kill her aunt, Sansa has no problem with being around killers. 

Why would Lynn being gay alienate him from Sansa? 

Yohn Royce is the biggest Stark potential ally in the Vale, if Littlefinger was trying to alienate Sansa from anyone it would  be the most powerful Lord in the Vale rather than two younger brothers of Lords. 

Another example of not reading what I say or simple trolling. The rumors say one of the Hunters. PETYR says Harlan. That's not a corroboration that's his own twist.  

A twist for what purpose? 

Sure he's going to go over there and murder someone. 

If he is aware that someone is about to be killed then he would be a strong suspect to be involved in the murder, whether he carries out the act or not. 

Strong argument genius. 

wow, you are taking this conversation very, very personally.

Absolutely correct.  Whether he's a pedo, gay, celibate or was actually in love with and saving himself for Lysa Arryn doesn't matter,  it was Petyr who disparaged his character and that is the point.

he has not disparaged the character, he points out that he is an ally. 

Only Petyr has said anything negative about Harlan & Lyn.

he has called Lyn gay, that is not a negative, it is a sexual preference. 

how does Lyn being gay stop Sansa from becoming an ally of his?

That should be questioned unless one is a Littlefinger fanboy. 

eh? are we to ignore posts that make zero sense just because we are not fans of the character? 

It wasn't an insinuation about fictional characters

what was it an insinuation about? 

18 hours ago, The WolfSpider said:

I didn't do that though.  I asked a question.  I have no idea why you are trying so hard to force that label.  Do you take some pleasure in trashing theories and so need the fodder?  I asked a question to invite speculation but there does seem to be those small minded people around here who hate that. 

I'm happy that some gave their thoughts unoriginal though they may be and I certainly accept other people's beliefs though they are certainly not digging deep. More to the point it seems as if the ability to read between the lines and/or look at the spaces in between what is said and what is interpreted is lost on some and that's okay, I don't mean anything derogatory by that it just is. If you can't do it, and I don't mean you specifically,  then leave it to others.  

My bone of contention lies mostly with silly arguments against what I've said. To say "obviously I don't want to dig deeper because there is nothing more in the books" is a completely false argument.  I'm talking about looking at different interpretations.  Looking for double entendres, which GRRM is fond of.

It is clear to me why people believe Littlefinger, it always was. It's very obvious.  You are SUPPOSED TO. That is when my critical thinking skills kick in and I start to question the line I'm being fed. Is what he says what the others are saying? Are their differences? Only he says Lyn works for him,  only he names a specific Hunter. Why the differences?  Are they significant.  

Why are we gulping down words from a notorious scoundrel?  His sigil is a mockingbird ffs, a lying bird lol. 

Your arrogance is astounding, that's the only reason I even commented on this thread in the first place.  I didn't like the way you spoke to @Bernie Mac.  You remind me of Trump, saying something, then in the same sentence denying you are saying it.  "I don't mean to be derogatory I'm just going to insult you."

My original assessment of you is clearly accurate, you feel so smart that you cannot possibly be wrong, and everyone else is simply dumb for not seeing it your way.  I highly doubt you realized there were independent confirmations of what LF says, if you did you would have listed them in the OP, you are just too embarrassed to admit it.  Your worldview can't even recognize you missed something.

There is clearly no having an intelligent discussion with someone like you, so I will simply leave the thread here stating one last time that your THEORY, is obviously incorrect.  

Just now, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Your arrogance is astounding, that's the only reason I even commented on this thread in the first place.  I didn't like the way you spoke to @Bernie Mac.  You remind me of Trump, saying something, then in the same sentence denying you are saying it.  "I don't mean to be derogatory I'm just going to insult you."

My original assessment of you is clearly accurate, you feel so smart that you cannot possibly be wrong, and everyone else is simply dumb for not seeing it your way.  I highly doubt you realized there were independent confirmations of what LF says, if you did you would have listed them in the OP, you are just too embarrassed to admit it.  Your worldview can't even recognize you missed something.

There is clearly no having an intelligent discussion with someone like you, so I will simply leave the thread here as everyone else has already done other than @Bernie Mac and myself stating one last time that your THEORY, is obviously incorrect.  

21 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

There is clearly no having an intelligent discussion with someone like you, so I will simply leave the thread here stating one last time that your THEORY, is obviously incorrect.  

Partial confirmations.  Can we agree on that? What you're experiencing is confirmation bias. 

14 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

How does that alienate Sansa, who herself is suspected to have played a part in the death of Joffrey, from them? She watched Littlefinger kill her aunt, Sansa has no problem with being around killers. 

Why would Lynn being gay alienate him from Sansa

It alienates her in that if she decided to try to do her own thing rather than go along with Littlefinger she would absolutely not work with Harlan and Lyn because they are tied to him if only by his own words. Nothing to do with being gay. I've said this already. If you're not trolling I apologize but neither are you reading what I'm saying. 

14 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

A twist for what purpose? 

Again, to isolate her

1 hour ago, The WolfSpider said:

It alienates her in that if she decided to try to do her own thing rather than go along with Littlefinger she would absolutely not work with Harlan

There is no reason she would have seeked him out as an ally, he is the younger brother of a Lord and unlike his brother has never actually met Sansa. 

If Littlefinger wanted to alienate Sansa from anyone he'd allow her to believe the current rumors already going around the Vale that claim the current Lord Hunter, the only Hunter Sansa has actually met, is a murderer and not to be trusted. Instead he has told her that he is innocent. 

Plus should Gilwood die in the next book that would suggest Littlefinger is correct given he will have predicted that there will be more deaths in House Hunter. 

and Lyn because they are tied to him if only by his own words.

But Lyn, like Harlan, is a younger brother, he has no real power, as he more than makes clear when he talks to Sansa

"How kind of him." Corbray's lips drew back in something that might have been meant as a smile, though it gave Alayne a chill. "But what need have I for heirs when I am landless and like to remain so, thanks to our Lord Protector? No. Tell your lord father I need none of his brood mares."

And him being gay is not an obstacle to Sansa thinking of someone as a potential ally. 

Nothing to do with being gay. I've said this already. If you're not trolling I apologize but neither are you reading what I'm saying.

but your original point was to do with Lyn being gay, I'm not trolling but that is what Littlefinger tells Sansa about him and what you suggested to be a lie. 

Again, to isolate her

if that was his goal he'd be talking shit about Yohn Royce, the biggest Stark supporter in the Vale and Lady Waynwood, a powerful noble who Sansa will be spending a lot of time with, rather than two impotent younger brothers with no real power.

If Littlefinger wanted to isolate her he would not be teaching her how to manipulate people or encouraging her to use her sexuality to influence Harry the Heir, the potential next Lord of the Vale

Petyr put his arm around her. "So he is, but he is Robert's heir as well. Bringing Harry here was the first step in our plan, but now we need to keep him, and only you can do that. He has a weakness for a pretty face, and whose face is prettier than yours? Charm him. Entrance him. Bewitch him."

"I don't know how," she said miserably.

"Oh, I think you do," said Littlefinger, with one of those smiles that did not reach his eyes.

Harry, potentially, has far more power and influence than House Hunter and Corbray combined and Littlefinger is teaching her to play the game, far from trying to alienate her he is using her to bring in more people to his control in the belief that Sansa will be able to influence them while at the same time she is under his control. It is the most likely reason for his downfall, teaching Sansa too well. 

1 hour ago, Bernie Mac said:

If Littlefinger wanted to alienate Sansa from anyone he'd allow her to believe the current rumors already going around the Vale that claim the current Lord Hunter, the only Hunter Sansa has actually met, is a murderer and not to be trusted. Instead he has told her that he is innocent. 

Which is where I start to wonder why, And I do love to speculate on things that aren't in the book. To read between the lines.

I see it 1 of 2 ways: number one he's just being uncharacteristically open with Sansa, I'm skeptical.

Number 2 he has a reason to want to keep them apart in the future. I do think it likely that at some point she is going to spread her wings and fly  Independent of him.

Now it is speculation but I see 2 possible reasons why he would want to keep her from running to Harlan hunter or assiociating with him.  

Number one they are related in some way and so she would gain an ally, possibly, in the vale independent of Littlefinger.

Number 2 he has a relationship with her father which again would give her a potential ally in the Vale  I do wholeheartedly believe that Petyr wants her reliant on him.

OK and number 3 he has his own reasons to want to make sure that should she ever go against him she will not go to Harlan Hunter.  OK all this actually applies to Harlan and Lyn.  If she wanted to slip out of his grasp she would not look to either of these men because Petyr has  accused one of being a murderer and 1 of being in his pocket and maybe or maybe not a pedophile, doesn't matter, he's also associated himself with them which further put them on the not to be trusted list.  Notice as well the while what he has said is similar to what others have said nobody else, that I can think of, has said anything to put them on that not to be trusted list.

Archived