Eurocommie May meet.

Ser Sean

:cry: Damn these exams, :lol: Theres always something stopping me from meeting up with you crazy fellows, glad you lot had fun, and hopefully next year the only thing that could stop me would be whatever job I have, having some crazy weekend issues.

The simplicity of this caption speaks volumes.

And it had to be me :lol:

I think this was during Wert's highly successful rendition of I predict a riot, where I lost my voice (and haven't got it back yet). He certainly brought down the house. Never seen the like, we went wild.

Here is my long ass report. Feel free to skip :P

FRIDAY:

Arrived in Wales at 5 pm. It felt weird to be in a place that doesn't exist. Puts a different spin on things so it does.

Had a hard time finding the garage where my rental car was. Nobody had heard of it. Which led me to believe it didn't exist. Logical. One guy I asked was irish, the other was english. For obvious reasons I was never going to meet a welshman.

The englishman told me to ask in the boat shop. Haha! good try. The shop was empty; not a soul in it. The englishman joined me in the shop and said "that's weird.". I'll tell you what's weird. Being in a place that doesn't exist.

After a good deal more walking, I finally found the elusive fairy ring and stepped into it.

The lovely welsh lady (yup, welsh people exist inside fairy rings) had this enormous car ready for me (it was more like a bus) and was very sorry I had to walk to the garage as usually "someone comes and picks you up". As if. How can inexistent people drive you anywhere? Just because I've an irish accent doesn't mean I still believe in the tooth fairy woman!

The phone then rang in her kitchen, and as soon as she went out of sight I heard her talking gibberish on her fairy phone. I bet she also reverts to whatever alien form is usual to her when she's out of sight. But I didn't have the balls to look, lest I die of a fright induced heart attack.

Anyway, having resumed human appearance and the english language for my sake, she gave me the keys and off I went, after asking what "the way to England" was (:straight on.)

I flew along and made good time (having decided speed cameras can't possibly detect welsh cars). Found a place to park right away, unlike prod - Handy spot, though a clamping area. They didn't clamp me in the end, proving again the usefulness of an invisible welsh fairy car.

Found the hostel I was staying at, which was a different one. I never saw so many bright colours inside the same building. Scary place. Like being in Thailand or Goa or somewhere (noise and smell included, free of charge).

Texted Zollo to see where the cool folks were, and after only 20 minutes and going around the whole block while asking everyone, found the mongolian restaurant without a problem, exactly next door to my hostel. Nice one.

Met everyone and pigged out on prawns and a green concoction. Missed out on fermented mare's milk, to my everlasting regret.

Shane McGowan leapt out of his chair to give me a hug. "Hereward", he introduced himself as. Explains the shiny set of teeth, then.

Half the crowd had eaten early and went on to the pub. We went later, and pod and MS finally joined us. MS managed to get drunk by simply looking at a pint.

Lots of people went to bed early and I barely had time to meet anyone.

We then went clubbing and true to form, mel took us to the biggest kip in the whole of England. The music was good though, athough the DJ sounded exactly like a Harvey Norman ad, and was only overdone by the pair of muppets on the Bristol radio on the way home, one of which - and I kid you not - was called "Jasper". Terrifying. Drinks were overpriced and the floor was littered with sticky stuff and broken glass - soon joined in fraternity by my own full glass that mel knocked kindly over. Trying to fit in, I guess.

I found a great table with a leather couch. We all trooped there (me, mel, wert, prod, stranger, ms, tmt, ilyn, tom, flip john) and sat there. Us girls drank the free bubbly that was left over there (my idea, obviously), when suddenly a big black guy came and kicked us out curtly. "private booking!". Never mind anyway, we'd drank the table dry already. We then learned that pod was to blame, and he had given us away. Irish bastard.

People trickled home bit by bit until only the irish connection seemed to be left. (no irish or irish resident will ever go home until wheeled out forcefully by JCB or other heavy duty means, fact of life)

Went back to the hostel, where this english girl got sick in her own bed all night. Followed 1 hour of door slamming, loud talking, moaning, bed squeaking and switching all the lights on. I was finally drifting out when the spanish connection came in spanish time at full decibel. Another hour of door slamming loud talking and bed squeaking followed (only in spanish this time), until at last, and in full daylight already I managed to grab 2 or 3 hours kip, before the whole henhouse woke up again way too early. Never again will I use a female dorm I tell you. :P

SATURDAY:

Bolloxed already, I caught up with the others in the real hostel and we went for breakfast. Then I went back to move my car, in case there was a cop around with welshproof glasses. The gates were up at the railway car park and I drove in, praying they'd still be up when I'd try to leave on the Sunday (they were).

Texted pod and aoife. Got 3 helpful answers "Head of the River pub" (The World Famous Pub, obviously). Walked to the river, only the wrong end of it, and 45 minutes later, defeated, I had to ask to be got and shown the way.

We sat outside and talked shite for a good long while. I discovered the british answer to american superheroes: The silver punter, punting away in space in his tweedy suit.

Me, TMT and Z saw a punt police chase there on the river by the pub - amazingly funny slow motion moment - OK no we didn't but we wish we had.

We also compared penises phones. I had the competition won with my flashing - vibrating penis phone, and the biggest too, until Zollo whirred his open with a deft flick of his wrist. Nuff said~ Bow to the Zollock.

Most of the gang had gone on to visit Christ Church or some such worthy occupation so me Zollo Slick Ilyn(man of a few words but very capable drinker) and TMT went like big boys to the punting area. I think this is where we saw men with balloons attached to them. (hhmmmm, yes.)

Followed a discussion on rabbits while waiting there:

- pod: "....roger rabbit...."

- niamh: "that's me husband"

- pod: "what???????"

- niamh: "that's me husband"

- pod: <blank>

- niamh: <didactic> "who's roger rabbit's wife??"

- pod: "But ......................."

- pod: "She's not a rabbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sniggering silence

- pod :"DOH!"

If you thought geeks have intelligent conversations, you can think again.

Sean Chal and Zak finally arrived (and there was much rejoicing); Mel and Wert arrived (and there was much rejoicing), and we got finally on the punts with the picnic baskets loaded and the pirate waterguns at the ready.

I was meant to go with Z and TMT, but the bastards abandoned me for male company so we stayed between girls, with MS and Stranger (the french boat).

MS won't make a sailor let me tell you. We raced the irish boat for a bit (pod and aoife) singing bawling a french sailor's song, and rammed the english boat head on (mel and wert), due to MS's excellent, if reverse, punting skills. I was lying down on the prow with my paddle at the ready for ramming, and nearly threw mel in, cause I'm good like that. Poor woman lost her paddle to the ocean from the shock of it all.

Stranger nearly keeled over as well and only got saved by my grabbing of her ankles in the nick of time.

Prod shot at me with a watergun, Zak and Sean (the scottish boat) sent us in the fucking bank, the big bullies. (I sent them back in a tree), mel soaked me with her english paddle.

Sean and TMT obviously can't climb a bank and fell right in and john seemed to have wanted a swim badly, whatever happened to him. Chal got finger injury because I'm a brute.

After a quick picnic (we still don't know who stepped into The Shite), we headed back much quicker, simply because we divided the competent punters between boats, not because we were going downstream :P, and we went to get changed as most of us were muddy and wet or damp for some reason.

A bunch of us went straight to Las Iguanas and sampled pitchers of long island iced tea and cuba libre. Prod threw a fit because he wanted Sangria (he was told to fuck off)

I engaged in a very interesting conversation on the merits of horseshite vs. cowshite, which I can't stand. Apparently I said that "horseshite is grand", which goes to show that too much drink is maybe not a good thing.

And then we met Her.

Yes people.

Wonder Woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked her for a picture and we now have hard evidence that malt is an adoring long-term fan.

We then legged it to the private party in the Port Mahon. Great, great fun. I'd converted my close partners in crime (MS, prod, Zollo) to the potent mix of irish cider and/or Whiskey & red bull, and we got slowly scuttered on that, plus shots (nutty irishmen, what else? much nicer than the cocksucking cowboys anyway)

Malt opened the karaoke session with an amazing rendition of "is this the way to Amarillo". Ice came next with "my way" (done his way). Thankfully min and sean saved our ears (though not Zollo's pride), and Ilyn wasn't too bad either. Prod after all this red bull believed he could fly.

At some point we had major Drama. The pub ran out of red bull (red alert level), so I ran out (red bull gives you wiiings, it is known) to the off-licence to get some more (it was closed), nearby pubs (don't sell this stuff). None to be had. We had drunk Oxford dry of red bull it seems. Tomfoster gets a basketful of brownie points at this stage for offering me half of his remaining can :love: , thereby averting me going into some sort of epilepsy fit. I put a double whiskey into it and shared the loot with Z, cause I'm nice like that.

The party ended with wild dancing and singing shouting on "I predict a riot" and "Mustang Sally" sung by the great singer from the Blues band upstairs. We then all staggered out in the rain to go clubbing at Clementine's, well, the tough crowd did (me, Z, TMT, Ilyn, Zak, Mel, Wert, Malt, Ice, Tom, Isis, MS, CD, Stranger, pod, Slick, Der and whoever else) and danced and drank double whiskeys and red bull (by that time even zak was willing to down those) until we were kicked out, on the ridiculous premises that they were closing.

At this stage I have to declare TMT is the biggest manhoor ever walked the earth. AND he got to sleaze dance with every girl. How does he do it?

Anyway there was nothing for it but walk home via an amazing kebab (drools)

I got the foldout bed in the big dorm, with a full view of all the men around me (Isis fell asleep promptly and missed all the fun). Boy, did I get an eyeful. (manslut winner list: ice, ilyn, Zollo and TMT) That is, they were all strutting around with no more than a pair of boxer shorts on them. Nice.

TMT stayed kindly in the light so that I could admire his manly curves better. Zollo didn't need to be in the light as the glare from his white body in the dark corner was nearly enough to stop me sleeping. Der foiled me and didn't remove so much as his socks. Slick said he'd strip later but I'm still waiting. :|

Ilyn wins the catwalk contest by bending over for a good 5 minutes in the morning, right in front of me. My Red Bull soaked drunk body could only blink.

Anyway, Tom saved the night yet again by sorting out my foldout bed and figuring out why it kept folding every time I sat on it (much general giggling at that you can imagine).

Well finally we stopped being childish and I slept like a rock.

SUNDAY:

Got breakfast and then I had to go get my boat basically. Visited the bookstore to kill time before going, while the others were in the cinema. Big fucking mistake!!! I managed to buy only 4 books though.

Also had time to nip over to the Ashmolean where my favourite painting is: The hunt in the forest by Ucello (1470). I thought of stealing it, but it wouldn't fit in the car :(

The ferry wasn't sure to sail due to the weather, but we sailed anyway, to my everlasting regret: I was nearly lifted off my seat several times (and this is no turn of phrase, I'm being litteral here), and I'm still feeling seasick from the rough ride as we speak (no way is it from alcohol poisoning)

The whole trip home was crap (took me an hour more and barely made it to the harbour in time), and discovered back in Ireland that my car is a pile of shite, after driving that marvellous welsh thing. Fairy cars rock.

Got an interesting text in the evening from Zollo, saying they were discussing how to stuff TMT with fruit. That's when I knew I shouldn't have gone home and felt all emo.

Anyway, I had a really great time and should have stayed longer to talk to everyone more. I never got the chance to say goodbye, so goodbye all, and we had fun. Big hugs to john for the hostel booking, and to mel for the excellent activity organising.

:grouphug:

Well we weren't meeting there, or it would have been sunny here and rainy there. :P

(FWIW, it's still overcast here, though it's not pissing down quite the same.)

It was sunny all day at the races :tantrum:

Here are the pictures I took during the trip - Enjoy!

(uploaded for some reason in reverse order, linked to the last one)

Here are three videos from the karaoke! Thinking about it maybe people wouldn't want videos of them singing online, I've PM'ed the concerned for permission. But there is one here of general drunken dancing to YMCA! (Beautiful singing Zak ;) )

Great pics guys. I totally felt like I was there - especially in the pubs! The drunker you were, the blurrier the pics.

Great effects Prod. Can I order the pic that looks like a painting of Pod? Please? :P

No problem mya :D If you order right now, I will even throw in the one of Pods arse for half price!

And yes, I did notice that my camera seemed to get drunk proportionately with myself :P

Archived