Jump to content
Jova Snow

Are there any characters you don't like their names?

Recommended Posts

On 6/19/2019 at 3:48 PM, Stormland's Fury said:

Or Tymothi for that matter...

Timothay, since GRRM prounounces it sir-say.

 

I don't care for the name Euron.

Edited by Lady Blizzardborn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Timothay, since GRRM prounounces it sir-say.

 

I don't care for the name Euron.

Lol Timothay the Kingslayer. Sounds like some kind of bandit xD

I actually like the name Jaime a lot. Nice sounding, and I like the way it's written too, similar to "J'aime" in French which means "I love".

I hate the sound of some Greyjoy name : Balon, Quellon, Quenton...But Euron, Victarion and Aeron somehow sound fine to me. Guess I have a thing for the "r".

All and all, I'm glad this book doesn't have some "obviously evil" name. Also, similar name, name sake, name trending, naming pattern,... Quite interesting and like in real life. I love it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 10:10 AM, chi7p1 said:

I hate the sound of some Greyjoy name : Balon, Quellon, Quenton...But Euron, Victarion and Aeron somehow sound fine to me. Guess I have a thing for the "r".

 

 

 

Balon is passable, but Quellon is so cringy and forced. 

 

Edited by Stormland's Fury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 11:10 AM, chi7p1 said:

 

I hate the sound of some Greyjoy name : Balon, Quellon, Quenton...But Euron, Victarion and Aeron somehow sound fine to me. Guess I have a thing for the "r".

 

 

Aeron is actually a Targaryen name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Baelor 'Breakspear' said:

Aeron is actually a Targaryen name

There was an Aerion, and Aenar but never Aeron. Similar yes but not same, Daegon the Shepherd, another Iron Islander has an extremely Targaryen name too and he is a shepherd to boot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jova Snow said:

There was an Aerion, and Aenar but never Aeron. Similar yes but not same, Daegon the Shepherd, another Iron Islander has an extremely Targaryen name too and he is a shepherd to boot. 

No Targaryen, but for sure a valyrian was named like that. Aegon, Aemon, Aerion etc are really similar. Probably Quellon named him like that to please the mad king as he wanted to link with the greenlands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Baelor 'Breakspear' said:

Aeron is actually a Targaryen name

Maybe the spelling is just a coincidence.

It's possible that it is pronounced "Aaron" and not "Eyron". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baelor 'Breakspear' said:

No Targaryen, but for sure a valyrian was named like that. Aegon, Aemon, Aerion etc are really similar. Probably Quellon named him like that to please the mad king as he wanted to link with the greenlands

That's a behavior expected from Freys, Quellon might be close to greenland customs but that could be influence of Riverlands on House Hoare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

There was an Aerion, and Aenar but never Aeron. Similar yes but not same, Daegon the Shepherd, another Iron Islander has an extremely Targaryen name too and he is a shepherd to boot. 

There was an Aeryn. He got edited out and replaced with the first Princess Daenerys (bumping our Dany to third Daenerys). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

There was an Aeryn. He got edited out and replaced with the first Princess Daenerys (bumping our Dany to third Daenerys). 

None of the two previous Daenerys' reign so our Daenerys is still the first. 

@Jaehaerys Tyrell Shitmouth is a name given to him later in life imo not a name given by his parents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 1:31 AM, Jova Snow said:

None of the two previous Daenerys' reign so our Daenerys is still the first. 

Third princess. First queen. 

Edited by Lady Blizzardborn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×