Eurovision 2020: Rotterdam, May 12(?)

Ran

On 3/18/2020 at 2:54 PM, Ran said:

Sadly, after initial rumors, it's now confirmed: Eurovision is cancelled. All of this year's songs will not be able to be reused next year, though, due to the rules in place currently. Theoretically countries can select the same artists next year and then just select a new song, but I suspect many will stick to their present methods of selection.

Given that I have sent you the Serbian entry... I have to say that Gods of Eurovision allowed Serbia not to embarrass itself with that song. 

On 3/18/2020 at 3:51 PM, Buckwheat said:

Damn you, corona virus, you even ruined the yearly funniest online chat with this forum's people! :tantrum: 

Love you, dear... Yes, our chats are the funniest thing EVER. 

8 hours ago, Risto said:

Given that I have sent you the Serbian entry... I have to say that Gods of Eurovision allowed Serbia not to embarrass itself with that song. 

Love you, dear... Yes, our chats are the funniest thing EVER. 

I thought you even didn't have the time to log into this forum at all, doctor. I assume you have a lot of work these days - take care of yourself. Your and your collegues' work is respected. :) 

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I thought you even didn't have the time to log into this forum at all, doctor. I assume you have a lot of work these days - take care of yourself. Your and your collegues' work is respected. :) 

This year sucks... Like REALLY, REALLY sucks. From one crisis into another (or from pan into the fire). I am using my breaks to log into the forums since I can't watch anything anymore. 

Thanks, dear. I appreciate that. <3 

• 1 month later...

Just watching SVT's program here in Sweden, "Sverige's 12:a" (Sweden's 12-pointer). Basically using the voting app to let users vote, just as they would on actual Eurovision, on their favorites which they show from a mixture of videos and live performances from selection.  They weeded it down to 25 entries after having a jury go through the semi-finalists (they dropped Belarus, North Macedonia, Slovenia, Croatia, Cyprus, Romania, Ukraine, Moldova, San Marino, Czech Republic, Serbia, Albania, Portugal, Armenia, and Latvia). There was some upset with the semi-finalist selection, that people assumed they'd be able to vote, but they streamlined it.

"Uno" has grown on me, as has Iceland's entry compared to The Roop from Lithuania. Switzerland and Italy had the most beautiful songs in the competition, IMO.

ETA:  And our fake competition ended, with Iceland winning with 12s from the jury and the voting population. 2nd place was Malta, 3rd was Switzerland, 4th was Lithuania, and 5th Russia. This is basically the Internet's selection. Heh.

They even had Dathi on the line to tell him he won.

Also this Saturday is some sort of EBU Eurovision "Europe Shine a Light" program that will stream on Youtube.

Archived