Tiger King - Netflix - Spoilers Here In

Jaxom 1974

14 hours ago, Triskele said:

Should I have spoilered that, by the way?  that only just occurred to me and sorry if I goofed.

I thought it was interesting too that to Sullivan's eyes meth just obviously all over the story and yet within the doc itself it felt like it was hardly mentioned.  

It's a spoilerthread so I don't think you made an error ;) 

Agreed. I thought Travis was a meth head as soon as I saw his teeth, but it was more the jocular "look at that hillbilly kind of reaction" in now way did I connect it to the wider story or Joe's unraveling sanity.  

Well, I stuck it out, but I’m not proud of it. There’s a temptation to look at the reality show that the initial producer was making before all his film was burnt, imagine how it might have sat alongside your typical MTV reality shows and sneer as if it’s something you wouldn’t have watched. But make no mistake, that’s exactly what we all watched. It may be wrapped in the slightly more palatable veneer of a Netflix ‘documentary’ but it’s a reality show through and through. The ending of the last episode kinda bugged me how it tried to pretend it was all about the animal abuse and how everyone forgot, but the show made barely any effort to remind us. Even then it was mostly context for Carole and Joe’s rivalry.

I still don’t fully understand how Allen (the ‘hitman’) came out of it clean ... am I right in thinking that handing someone money on the understanding that it’s for killing somebody is illegal, but receiving that money and driving down to do it and changing your mind isn’t? What? 

Archived