Daemon Targaryen Was Destroying The Greens

Targknight

1 hour ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

Daemon was like a less evil version of Euron. 

How is it I never connected the dots on that comparison? Though I guess we have to wait and see whether Euron also fails.

3 hours ago, Daemon of the Blacks said:

I think that's the running theme of Daemon's life in general. He's an extremely capable and fascinating person but he's actually somewhat of a failure. In all of his endeavors Daemon speaks to the imagination but ultimately fails. He couldn't become king in his own right, he couldn't hold on to his private ''kingdom'' of the Steppestones, and he ultimately lost both the favor of his queen and his life during the war. 

On paper Daemon has a very large list of accomplishment but in practice these always led to failure. 

Daemon reminds of Charles Vane in Black Sails.

On 7/24/2020 at 6:20 PM, James Steller said:

I believe the OP is confused about why Rhaenyra would alienate Daemon when she plotted to have his lover killed and thus alienate him from her side. And the simple fact is there is no good reason. Rhaenyra was acting out of paranoia. Her entire life she’d been raised in the favour of the court, and the idea of betrayal was foreign to her for the most part. Three dead/missing kids and several major betrayals later, she’s turned paranoid and goes after people who did nothing against her but MIGHT betray her too. 

Honestly, I can't blame her.

The month of July has been extremely difficult month for me (probably the most difficult month of 2020 for me personally) and it's not even over yet. I've been betrayed and abandoned by false friends, coworkers, significant others, etc. so many times over the span of a couple weeks, that it had me doubting not only the loyalty and love of my actual friends and family but it had me questioning my own sanity. I'm still a little paranoid to be honest so I can relate.

The fact that Daemon was, in fact, cheating on her with a younger woman that she empowered is reason enough to induce paranoia and rage. Throw in the deaths of four children, the death of beloved family members, the ongoing stress and fear of war (the fact that the war is being fought against her own family over something stupid/simple) and other costly betrayals....

...I can't blame her. And I can't say that I wouldn't lash out against Daemon and Nettles.

16 hours ago, Daemon of the Blacks said:

I think that's the running theme of Daemon's life in general. He's an extremely capable and fascinating person but he's actually somewhat of a failure. In all of his endeavors Daemon speaks to the imagination but ultimately fails. He couldn't become king in his own right, he couldn't hold on to his private ''kingdom'' of the Steppestones, and he ultimately lost both the favor of his queen and his life during the war. 

On paper Daemon has a very large list of accomplishment but in practice these always led to failure. 

Part of the reason why that is is a lack of focus and an inability to commit.

14 hours ago, James Steller said:

How is it I never connected the dots on that comparison? Though I guess we have to wait and see whether Euron also fails.

Uh, I do think that Euron will fail.

But I don't think it's fair or knowledgeable to call Daemon a less evil version of Euron. Daemon doesn't practice magic for one and his end goal isn't to destroy the world and then rule over what's left.

Archived