Cersei's Plot in TWOW

CamiloRP

On 12/21/2020 at 12:48 PM, dbergkvist said:

Cersei will die at the hands of Undead Tommen (either in TWoW or ADoS). Which means she has to be in proximity to the Others. In GRRM's 1993 letter to his editor, his plan was for Cat and Arya to escape King's Landing and head north and be killed by the Others. Maybe he transferred this plot line to Cersei?

Cersei doesn't have to go north to be killed by the Others.

Casterly Rock can be attacked or invaded by wights. Especially since Casterly Rock has all of those mysterious tunnels that are unexplored.

In any case, if Cersei will die at the hands of UnTommen, it'll have to be in A Dream of Spring when Westeros gets overran.

3 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I hope she triumphs in Winds. Tries to out-Tywin Tywin. Wins all the ruthless awards to climb her way to the top, then comes head-to-head with Dany to see who is more ruthless.

Aegon is completely unfun in this regard because I think Dany or Cersei will eat him for lunch.

Cersei is there to pressure anyone who wants her seat of power to risk going lower in morality than her. Who will race her to the bottom? Dany would be the most interesting IMO.

You're forgetting Arianne. She's going to support Aegon, even if they aren't married...even if she detests him.

And although our views on Daenerys are different, I can't even lie: watching Euron, Dany, Arianne and Cersei duke it out would be entertaining and interesting.

And one more thing...what's your definition of triumph? Because the deaths of your last surviving children, the continued survival of your murderous and vindictive younger brother and the end of your relationship with your twin brother are pretty massive upsets.

On 12/22/2020 at 11:53 PM, BlackLightning said:

And although our views on Daenerys are different, I can't even lie: watching Euron, Dany, Arianne and Cersei duke it out would be entertaining and interesting.

Yup!

And one more thing...what's your definition of triumph? Because the deaths of your last surviving children, the continued survival of your murderous and vindictive younger brother and the end of your relationship with your twin brother are pretty massive upsets.

What else? Triumph is playing the Game to the top, even if it means inadvertently killing your kids. And after that, I imagine that Cersei will be like an much more amusing, snarkier Stoneheart with nothing to lose. 

But yeah, I really want Cersei to be there to push Dany into doing something hilariously over the top in response.

29 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

But yeah, I really want Cersei to be there to push Dany into doing something hilariously over the top in response.

Oh I'm sure that'll be true.

Jaime might die in The Winds of Winter but Cersei is going (almost) all the way. She'll probably die in the last two-thirds of A Dream of Spring or something.

As I perceive it, the point of a triangle between Cersei, Jaime and Brienne is about separation of power. 

Jaime as an evolving representation of judiciary power already moved himself from the established centre of power. Brienne who currently is amidst outlaws ardent to serve (some) law is an executive power in the making. Leaves Cersei to truly become a legislative power, which would be a power based on popularity rather than weapons of mass extinction or sheer tradition.

King’s Landing‘s power structure almost certainly is some thing of the past and we should expect it to collapse come the series‘ end.

Under the condition of a Targaryen restauration Cersei‘s best chances would be in Lannister homeland, which got neglected during a long servitude for the crown. If Cersei transforms herself as a likeable Lady of the Rock, Lannisport‘s people may stand up for her against any try to collect the crown‘s debt from there - voluntarily.

Archived