Danaerys is an Awful Hypocrite

Corvo the Crow

5 hours ago, Odej said:

Daenerys using the word "stealing" to refer to Lyanna's kidnapping doesn't mean that she believes Lyanna was raped by Rhaegar, especially given the context in which Daenerys uses that expression. Daenerys was going to marry Hizdahr, a political arrangement, and she not only doesn't love Hizdahr but is also in love with another, Daario. So she thinks she would like Daario steal her like Rhaegar did to Lyanna. Daario would be stealing Daenerys 'cause she was already betrothed to another guy, but it would be something she'd like 'cause she wants him. Daenerys most likely applies this to Lyanna's abduction.

Yes, of course, he didn’t steal her to rape her, no sir/ma’’am, he stole her so he can give her blue roses that grow on walls and fill the air with sweetness. Danaerys isn’t that naive I think.

3 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

What happened to her anyway? I vaguely remember her mentioning she was leaving the community because she was reading another book or something? Which seemed odd. 

Loading up the hippocampus.....she said that she was going to go read Harry Potter, and then when this upcoming September rolls around, she'd be back. 

5 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

It's quite a shame she left. Her posts were always fun even if you didn't agree with them. She just really liked her favorite character and wasn't mean about it. And she was provocative in ways that are actually interesting and not obnoxiously repetitive. @Daenearysthegreat, you will be missed.

She could be real annoying at times, looking at N+W=J but she was not obnoxiously annoying. I miss her. 

3 hours ago, EggBlue said:

yeah. that's not that odd. 

I dunno. I actually started listening to the audio books at work and am halfway through GoT. But yeah, I'm around with varying degrees of activity even when I'm not actively engaging in the material. Usually when I quit the forum for awhile it's just because it's becoming more annoying than fun for me. But hey, different strokes, for different folks. 

Dany’s opinion of Ned Stark comes from what she heard from Ser Jorah, King Viserys III, Magister Illyrio, Ser Willem, and others. She cannot be blamed for this because we, that means everybody, all form opinions based on the available data. Available data painted a negative picture of Ned Stark. Dany is not a hypocrite. Dany is a very intelligent young lady. If you want to talk hypocrite, talk about Jon Snow and Robb Stark. Which I might do in response to Corvo. 

Dany doesn’t owe Ned anything. Ned may have expressed disapproval at having her and Rhaego assassinated, but he never lifted a finger to block Robert. Ned was willing to allow the atrocity to happen. Ned is a flawed man. Did he not murder an innocent wolf because of friendship? Sure. Ned loved Robert and spared him the truth. His duty was to tell the truth. His duty was to tell the truth even though it would put Sansa in danger. Ned was not as honorable as his children and bastard believe. If Lyanna ran off to Rhaegar, doesn’t Ned have an obligation to expose the truth even if it caused humiliation for his family? Sure. Absolutely. For the record, I think R + L = J is rubbish, but for this discussion, since some of you support it, I will use it as one example.  Ned should have taken Gared’s warning seriously. At least send word to Castle Black and politely requests more information. Ned gave Gared token time to speak but never really listened. Karma bit back in King’s Landing. 

Archived