Tanselle

Innocent puppet show or veiled insult to the Targaryens? 

It looked like an insult to me.  Freedom of speech does not exists in Westeros.  I don't think any of the Houses would tolerate an insult.   Aerion was not wrong to get offended but he should have talked to her in private and ordered her to refrain from showing that play. 

Innocent puppet show. Really now.

If it was such a great offence to the House Targaryen, then why was Aerion the only one offended? Because it wasn't an insult, veiled or otherwise, and Aerion is a psychopathic narcissist.

Honestly. When people hunt stags, do you see the Baratheons having their fingers broken? Do the Tyrells maim those who cut roses? Of course not.

Innocent puppet show. If I recall correctly, they were reenacting Serwyn of the mirror shield, which is a tale older than the Targaryen dynasty in westeros ever was. Given as it's a popular children's tale, Aerion is just cuckoo as always.

7 hours ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

They could have been re-enacting serwyn of the mirror shield but they should have known that it could be misinterpreted as people rebelling against the targaryens

People should be more careful around sensitive nobles.  She was possibly sending a subtle insult or got careless with her show. 

Archived