Moodier, Murderier Mysteries

Datepalm

I have to agree. I've watched all of it now with the exception of the last ep. Vera will steal her collegues' food, her sergeant will be daft at least once, and so on...

I thought the second episode of season 12 was particularly annoying in various regards.

And ofc I can pretty reliably predict the killer now, it's usually a relatively inconspicious person that we don't see again for most of the episode, until after a ridiculous amount of twists, we return to them...

I never read the books though.

Edited by Mindwalker

Are they trying to sell us

Spoiler

Bailey and Mr Arsehole Barrister

as an epic couple, or is she really just dumb?!

Of course, most blokes on this show seem to be a waste of space...

Edited by Mindwalker

• 4 months later...
22 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

I watched the first episode of endeavour and quite enjoyed it, even though I guessed the murderer quite early.

I like period pieces, the hero, and the pacing. Lovely music, too...

Endeavour is quite good for a slow-paced, moody mystery.  The only downside (IMO) is the constantly aggrieved main character in order to set up his disillusioned, largely discarded, alcoholic later self.

We’ve watched all 12 seasons of Vera that are available here thus far on BritBox.  An enjoyable show but it got very repetitive across several dimensions, almost like Law & Order did.

My wife has enjoyed the new Lincoln Lawyer show on Amazon — two seasons so far.  I think it’s ok but it’s no Bosch (same author).

On 9/4/2023 at 1:16 AM, Iskaral Pust said:

Endeavour is quite good for a slow-paced, moody mystery.  The only downside (IMO) is the constantly aggrieved main character in order to set up his disillusioned, largely discarded, alcoholic later self.

Oh wow, I haven't watched Morse yet, so this is a bit of a bummer.

That said, season 3 of Endeavour started with a really bad episode. No idea if they took on new writers, but I'm less enthused about it now, as I'm not feeling the second episode, either. Something's off.

Edited by Mindwalker