Would you rather get Fire & Blood 2 or have GRRM finished Dunk & Egg?

D & E, and especially that story in the North about the ongoing succession turmoils. Though it's long after the troubles after Cregan Stark's death, and mostly to do with the troubles after his 5th son Brandon Stark, the later trouble seems a consequence of Cregan's later in life decisions as well as Jonnel, Edric and Barthogan. No doubt we'll get some background on that Dance of the Wolves in the North in parallel with the one that is brewing when Dunk and Egg are there. F&B 2 might mention such things, but I'd prefer to read that in novella format than the F&B style.

Dunk & Egg. I've only read the first of the three stories, but I'm already incredibly endeared to both of them. Fire & Blood is good fun and I like having a longer sense of history, but I both care much more for Dunk & Egg due to them being presented in a classical novel format and I think they more subtle worldbuilding like learning about Bloodraven and the first Blackfyre rebellion through other characters' conversation.

This is a question about quantity vs quality if you ask me. With FB2 we would get more stuff revealed than in DE, but in a less satisfying way. Also, I think the stuff that would be revealed in DE is more interesting, like Summerhall is the thing I’m most looking forward to that happens before the main series and Robbert’s Rebellion. While I think that FB2 would cover up to that time when Summerhall happens, I don’t think FB2 will reveal what happens at Summerhall because that’s going to be revealed in DE. So do we want DE for Summerhall and perhaps the third and fourth Blackfyre Rebellions, or FB2 with all Blackfyre Rebellions and some other stuff? 

I think I would prefer DE because I think Summerhall is more important, although I’d also like to know about all Blackfyre Rebellions too. It’s possible we get more Blackfyre Rebellion stuff in DE too, but it’s not certain that they will be involved. All that being said, I think it’s more likely he releases FB2 before finishing DE. It sounds to me as though it was pretty easy for him to write TWOIAF and FB the way he talks about the writing process for those two. Meanwhile, it’s been so long since a DE novella even though they are considerably shorter in size, it makes me think it’s harder for him to write the novellas. So we might get like 2 more DE before FB2, but ultimately I think we would get FB2 before he finishes DE. But to answer the question I guess I would go with DE. 

It looks like I'm in the extreme minority here, but I'd rather have Fire & Blood 2 than another Dunk & Egg.  However, I rather George Martin not work on either until ASOAIF is finished (while also recognizing that GRRM owes me nothing and he can do whatever he wants with his life).  If he "distracts" himself with another story, I rather have it be whichever takes up less of his time.

Dunk is a great POV character and I like being in his head, but I still find F&B more interesting.  To me, F&B doesn't read as a history textbook but as the POV of a very biased maester writing it.

I really dislike the Targaryens in general (there are some exceptions), so it is not about me rooting for any character.  I find it intriguing watching the narcissists who actually think (or say they think) they are gods bringing their own destruction upon them.  The Dance of the Dragons (covering only 2 years of the >100 years in the book, but ~1/3 of the book) is extremely interesting, and I see so many real-life parallels in this fantasy fiction to real-life events.

Plus F&B2 won't have dragons, so it will be more about the personal/political conflicts instead of "and then they showed up with dragons and burned everyone".  I was surprised how Aegon's Conquest was the least interesting part of F&B, but largely for this reason.  I also hope F&B2 would end with Robert's Rebellion, and it would be interesting to see characters we are already familiar with written by a biased maester's perspective.