'Most Dangerous Man in Dorne', what will he do next?

35 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

And it was a larger dragon than any of Daenerys' probably will be, and its experienced rider was lost as well.

Its bizzare that it worked and got largely un-acted upon , a lucky shot maybe but its strange westeros wasnt soon awash with scorpions of increasing strength and  in greater numbers! Instead they just bend the knee for centuries at the mecy of creatures they know they can kill!

12 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

Certainly possible given the association Darkstar has with poison, but does this mean Doran cut off Rosamund's ear to make her look like the 'injured' Myrcella?

No opinion.  I would not put it past him.  Did Balon demand that Myrcella's bandage be taken off so he could look at her ear?  I can't see why he would do that.  From his perspective, it would be pointless as far as confirming her identity was concerned. Ser Balon has probably forgotten that Rosamund even exists.

12 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

And why would he talk to Arianne about what happened with 'Myrcella' being badly injured and treated by Maester Culotte if she was dead? What purpose does it serve to not have Arianne know the truth?

Arianne and Darkstar are both trying to use Myrcella to start a war with the Iron Throne.  They both think Doran have the wrong priorities and are trying to force his hand.  The only difference is that Darkstar is slightly more vicious in his methods.

But Doran still wants to delay until he is ready to strike.  Obviously, it is not in Doran's interest to allow either of them to know that Myrcella is dead.   They could leak the information and force his hand.  He wants to control the timing himself, as much as possible.

But when he IS ready to strike, he is going to need them both.  Both want what he wants.  Except (in Arianne's case) the murder of children.

4 hours ago, Groo said:

I can't help thinking of him as Dorkstar, which means Martin has definitely failed to make him look like a badass.

I don't understand this kind of talk.  GRRM portrayed him as a child murderer.  So his ass is definitely bad, and certainly not in a good way (whatever way that would be).   I see no reason why GRRM would object to "Dorkstar".  I certainly don't.

He probably does have some skill at arms and poison on his blade.  So the good guys would probably be well advised not to underestimate him.  That is all.

2 minutes ago, Gilbert Green said:

I don't understand this kind of talk.  GRRM portrayed him as a child murderer.  So his ass is definitely bad, and certainly not in a good way (whatever way that would be). 

I think we're just reacting to different connotations to words, especially slang terms. Objectively, Gerold is obviously dangerous. He's also willing to do bad (i.e. terrible) things. I'm just reacting to the usual connotation that a "badass" isn't just someone who is strong, or powerful, or dangerous, or whatever. A badass is supposed to be "cool", have some impressive swagger, and be imposingly charismatic. Badass might not have those same connotations for you. Such a difference wouldn't make either one of us right or wrong.

On the other hand, if you think someone calling themselves Darkstar and spouting lines like "I am of the night" is cool, then you obviously need to sit back and have a drink. :cheers:

35 minutes ago, Groo said:

I think we're just reacting to different connotations to words, especially slang terms. Objectively, Gerold is obviously dangerous. He's also willing to do bad (i.e. terrible) things. I'm just reacting to the usual connotation that a "badass" isn't just someone who is strong, or powerful, or dangerous, or whatever. A badass is supposed to be "cool", have some impressive swagger, and be imposingly charismatic. Badass might not have those same connotations for you. Such a difference wouldn't make either one of us right or wrong.

Well, GRRM never called him a "badass" AFAIK, so why should I waste brain cells worrying about the connotations?  He's a villain, and is at least somewhat dangerous.  Along with the Sandsnakes, he seems to be one of a group of Dornish villains who GRRM is setting up to eventually get knocked down one by one.

41 minutes ago, Groo said:

On the other hand, if you think someone calling themselves Darkstar and spouting lines like "I am of the night" is cool, then you obviously need to sit back and have a drink. :cheers:

I understand that some comic book readers read this and thought "ooh, cool Batman reference".

But my only thought was that he was admitting to being a villain.  The Daynes, with their Sword of the Morning, are warriors for the Dawn, which is what poor Myrcella asks him about.  But he is "of the night" which in context means, he is on the side of the Long Night.  He is on the side of war and revenge and destruction and death and murdering children.  He is, in short, a villain.  I guess it remains to be seen how dangerous he is.