TTTNE..." title" more research is needed

rocksniffer

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yes that’s what I meant too. I find it barbaric that these added holiday days should be worked off on Saturdays. But it’s nice that your school will dedicate the day for a uni fair and at least educational films, still better than maths tests like we used to have :lol: 

I think they are having a film and a few actual classes, I am sure none of them are going to write a test on that day ... they can also volunteer with the presentations for the primary schoolers who will visit our school.

Well I’m enjoying the fact that some of my extra small jeans are getting too tight, so that should be a motivator to keep at it. One of these days I may even hit my pre Covid golden age weight and have a healthy BMI :eek: 

:o And I am here with my jeans which are getting decidedly too tight - I had to buy a size bigger than usual the last time I went shopping. I gained some weight in the past few years and I don't like it. I am trying at least to eat less sweets.

yay for a productive day! There’s nothing like going to bed with fresh linen on..! Just feels and smells so nice. Oh I need to buy a new bed linen set as well (I accidentally shrunk a duvet cover in the washing machine). Hope the weekend’s been going great! 

The weekend was fine, I met with some friends whom I haven't seen in a long time. One of the friends finished his PhD and celebrated, so we got together.

Just a short week in front of us ... but then I already got a class to substitute for somebody tomorrow, so well, some extra work again. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 9:41 PM, Buckwheat said:

:o And I am here with my jeans which are getting decidedly too tight - I had to buy a size bigger than usual the last time I went shopping. I gained some weight in the past few years and I don't like it. I am trying at least to eat less sweets.

Each to their own struggle. I’m glad to be getting close to the pre Covid weight. In the past four years I just couldn’t put on weight for my life no matter what I did, some shit or the other hit the fan and I lost the couple pounds I gained over months overnight. Really really determined to put on at least 5 more pounds this year. 
Sweets are the most difficult to eliminate, I feel you there. 

On 2/4/2024 at 9:41 PM, Buckwheat said:

The weekend was fine, I met with some friends whom I haven't seen in a long time. One of the friends finished his PhD and celebrated, so we got together

Sounds lovely, congrats on his Phd! Oh I miss friend group get togethers. They are just too rare these days. 30s, I guess… or I don’t have enough friends :lol: who knows. 

hi thread.  its been a long time.

So anyway I started doing the spring decorating game drawing.  got a bit carried away and decieded that its a little too early yet to start the game so have not created the thread.   

anyway  here is my artwork for your enjoyment.   zoom in to catch the details of this sring from a distant future in an alternative timeline.

https://i.imgur.com/71gku13.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 2:00 PM, Pebble thats Stubby said:

hi thread.  its been a long time.

So anyway I started doing the spring decorating game drawing.  got a bit carried away and decieded that its a little too early yet to start the game so have not created the thread.   

anyway  here is my artwork for your enjoyment.   zoom in to catch the details of this sring from a distant future in an alternative timeline.

https://i.imgur.com/71gku13.png

Awwwwww, so optimistic of you! :read: 

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Awwwwww, so optimistic of you! :read: 

no reaction to your likeness getting pollinated?

I also put a lot of work in coming up with the tiltles to all those books.  hope you niticed the top one was PART 1.  so still not finished....

16 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

no reaction to your likeness getting pollinated?

I also put a lot of work in coming up with the tiltles to all those books.  hope you niticed the top one was PART 1.  so still not finished....

:leaving:

I thought what the Black Bear was reading was Part 2!

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:leaving:

I thought what the Black Bear was reading was Part 2!

It was supposed to be when I started,  but that book is very old and manky looking.  I'd expect part 2 to be the cleanest least worn book

• 1 month later...

*pokes thread*

So how is ... anybody still reading this thread?

I am this close to finishing my dissertation. Really stressed about that whole thing these days, but I am finally optimistic about finishing this whole ordeal. I just need to get feedback from my advisor and the commitee, I hope I won't have much to redo and correct at this point.

Work is obviously stressful as always, but I am handling it. I guess.

Spring is here too and it is unbelievably warm for the beginning of April right now.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

*pokes thread*

So how is ... anybody still reading this thread?

Yep, though the frequency is certainly shrinking to occasionally. 

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

am this close to finishing my dissertation. Really stressed about that whole thing these days, but I am finally optimistic about finishing this whole ordeal. I just need to get feedback from my advisor and the commitee, I hope I won't have much to redo and correct at this point.

Awwww, what great news! Huge congrats to you for such progress! You are slaying that dissertation, I’m sure it’ll be finished for good soon. How will you celebrate? :commie: 

spring is the same, in that it’s essentially summer. I’ve never been a huge fan of the heat, especially its coming on so suddenly and since hormone therapy, I’m even less so. But I really enjoy the sun, the birds chirping, the blue skies. 

I’m doing fine, I’ve been back on a reading streak and had luck with picking some really lovely books too. Took a little Easter trip to Italy with my dad and his new crew. It reminded me that I actually love traveling I just can’t really afford it anymore :lmao: I also got through a very stressful work period and now the back pain it yielded is beginning to subside as well (at least I’m hoping the back pain was stress related, not anything else - but just in case, beside the hoping, I’m awaiting a CT scan too). And so the whole ordeal yields more than extra trips to the doctor’s, I’m hyping myself to ask for a raise. Which I don’t expect to get, but it should at least train me to be braver in life. I also regularly swim now, and i don’t get how and why I lived without this thing for 17 years. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

On 4/8/2024 at 11:16 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Awwww, what great news! Huge congrats to you for such progress! You are slaying that dissertation, I’m sure it’ll be finished for good soon. How will you celebrate? :commie: 

Don't talk about it too quickly, first I have to actually finish the thing and then think about celebrating. :lol: 

On 4/8/2024 at 11:16 AM, RhaenysBee said:

spring is the same, in that it’s essentially summer. I’ve never been a huge fan of the heat, especially its coming on so suddenly and since hormone therapy, I’m even less so. But I really enjoy the sun, the birds chirping, the blue skies.

I’m doing fine, I’ve been back on a reading streak and had luck with picking some really lovely books too. Took a little Easter trip to Italy with my dad and his new crew. It reminded me that I actually love traveling I just can’t really afford it anymore :lmao: I also got through a very stressful work period and now the back pain it yielded is beginning to subside as well (at least I’m hoping the back pain was stress related, not anything else - but just in case, beside the hoping, I’m awaiting a CT scan too). And so the whole ordeal yields more than extra trips to the doctor’s, I’m hyping myself to ask for a raise. Which I don’t expect to get, but it should at least train me to be braver in life. I also regularly swim now, and i don’t get how and why I lived without this thing for 17 years. 

Great about reading! I finally read The Hobbit for the first time recently. Mostly, I am on the "mandatory reading for my students" reading list.

We only had Easter Monday off, so no real chance of a longer trip. Maybe in summer I will manage to travel some - hopefully after I've finished the dissertation. Work is stressful here too, as always.

Good luck with the raise! Fingers crossed you get it.

And congratulations on doing more sport. I should do that too. At some point ... as I keep telling myself.