My bounties never hang

SerDuncan

On 10/20/2023 at 12:30 PM, SerDuncan said:

Who said daughters were burdens, look at the value they have as an incentive, a commodity, maybe when it comes to it, bargaining chips.

Those screaming "progressive", this is called a realistic portrayal. 

Anyway just remembered, the mountain clans of the Vale are wanted right?

And this ascent videogame has one, never heard of it tbh

The only one screaming about progressives/liberals is you my friend, lol. You literally can't stop talking about it, lol. 

Also, "progressive" and "liberal" are terms that change over time. For example, in our books, Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen are both extremely progressive in their world. Both of them are fighting for change against a tide of conservative ideology (as portrayed by Bowen Marsh in the Night's Watch, and the Wise Masters in Meereen). 

You seem to think progressive ideals are an immutable force that only exist in the now (and the same for conservative ideals), but....that is not correct. They change based on the time period and the society. You know who was the most "progressive" monarch of the Targaryens? Aegon V Targaryen. Do you know why he was progressive? In part at least, due to a certain knight who helped him to see the struggles of the small folk and learn why how the nobles acted was wrong, causing him to start fighting for human rights (a very typical progressive ideal, which of course changes through time). 

Edited by Lord of Raventree Hall

4 hours ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

The only one screaming about progressives/liberals is you my friend, lol. You literally can't stop talking about it, lol. 

Also, "progressive" and "liberal" are terms that change over time. For example, in our books, Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen are both extremely progressive in their world. Both of them are fighting for change against a tide of conservative ideology (as portrayed by Bowen Marsh in the Night's Watch, and the Wise Masters in Meereen). 

You seem to think progressive ideals are an immutable force that only exist in the now (and the same for conservative ideals), but....that is not correct. They change based on the time period and the society. You know who was the most "progressive" monarch of the Targaryens? Aegon V Targaryen. Do you know why he was progressive? In part at least, due to a certain knight who helped him to see the struggles of the small folk and learn why how the nobles acted was wrong, causing him to start fighting for human rights (a very typical progressive ideal, which of course changes through time). 

If they change with time, why are you so hellbent on forcing the morals of this era onto a dark age?

1 hour ago, SerDuncan said:

If they change with time, why are you so hellbent on forcing the morals of this era onto a dark age?

I am not. Many people would consider what Arya did to be murder...who exist in these books. Many people would not approve of her actions, including, I would guess, both of her own parents...and probably Jon Snow (who she looks up to). 

I always wondered if there was a bounty hunter(presumably free riders, sellswords and hedge knights).

It just makes sense to me in a land so vast that if a criminal fled a town or kingdom then rather than sending a posse after them, send a description for them to be brought to back to a Lord who has the right to pit and gallows.