How much does Shadrich know?

James Steller

1 minute ago, Northern Sword said:

I do see your line of thought on how and why it could be one of those dirty, thieving Frey's.

Yet, I come down on the other side here. Simply because I like the scenario of HR going under cover to help Ned's little girl and mess with Little Finger's plans. 

If he is a Frey, what's the plan ? Steal her away and give her to the Lannister's ? Keep her for themselves(forced marriage) for a claim? Ransom to the highest bidder ? Kill her off to continue the RW work ?

Also, with those family ties in The Vale, what is the need for hiding their identities?

In the end it'll probably be neither of these two. Imagine if Shadrich is just Shadrich, such a let down. lol 

I think HR is helping, I just don't think he would go searching for Sansa, while not even knowing the fate of his own kids, who went North. His own part of the story is connected to Jon and none of the other Stark kids, so it feels weird for him to suddenly seek out Sansa while ignoring his own kids, Bran, and finally, Jon. It also feels completely unnecessary for him to go anywhere in disguise since noone knows what he looks like anyway and he has played no open role in the recent hostilities.

If they are Freys, this is the scenario:

They disguised themselves travelling in the Riverlands because everyone hates Freys there. The picture is only slightly different in the Vale, so still secret identities. They went to the Vale because they were seeking out their Vale-based cousins (Walton and Sons) to bump off "accidentally" during the tournament. Meanwhile they are also looking for Sansa because Sansa is not just believed to be the key to power in the North, but also power in the Riverlands, at Riverrun, Harrenhal, and more. They want her for the same reasons Littlefinger wants her. Power, which is better than any bag of gold.

Their plan would not be to kidnap her, necessarily. I think they would to claim her openly, once the time is right, as in, the Freys in question no longer require the backing of Cersei and the Lannisters. In the meantime they will pretend to be hedge knights, and Littlefinger will let them pretend.

14 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

I think HR is helping, I just don't think he would go searching for Sansa, while not even knowing the fate of his own kids, who went North. His own part of the story is connected to Jon and none of the other Stark kids, so it feels weird for him to suddenly seek out Sansa while ignoring his own kids, Bran, and finally, Jon. It also feels completely unnecessary for him to go anywhere in disguise since noone knows what he looks like anyway and he has played no open role in the recent hostilities.

If they are Freys, this is the scenario:

They disguised themselves travelling in the Riverlands because everyone hates Freys there. The picture is only slightly different in the Vale, so still secret identities. They went to the Vale because they were seeking out their Vale-based cousins (Walton and Sons) to bump off "accidentally" during the tournament. Meanwhile they are also looking for Sansa because Sansa is not just believed to be the key to power in the North, but also power in the Riverlands, at Riverrun, Harrenhal, and more. They want her for the same reasons Littlefinger wants her. Power, which is better than any bag of gold.

Their plan would not be to kidnap her, necessarily. I think they would to claim her openly, once the time is right, as in, the Freys in question no longer require the backing of Cersei and the Lannisters. In the meantime they will pretend to be hedge knights, and Littlefinger will let them pretend.

I think that is plausible reasoning, still going the other way on Shadrich.

I completely agree on your assessment of Sansa and her value. I think it even goes further. The North is a given, the Riverlands connection to the Tully's as well as Harrenhal if Little finger takes it( I know she isn't his actual kid, but..), also the Vale of she marries Harrold Hardyng or Robert Arryn. And in the back of my mind she is still married to Tyrion... doesn't mean much at this point, but still.

I think you right on them trying to claim her, as a lot of people want her for the same reason. It will be interesting either way. If she is "claimed" or she escapes that position and exerts her own agency or power.

18 minutes ago, Northern Sword said:

I think that is plausible reasoning, still going the other way on Shadrich.

I completely agree on your assessment of Sansa and her value. I think it even goes further. The North is a given, the Riverlands connection to the Tully's as well as Harrenhal if Little finger takes it( I know she isn't his actual kid, but..), also the Vale of she marries Harrold Hardyng or Robert Arryn. And in the back of my mind she is still married to Tyrion... doesn't mean much at this point, but still.

I think you right on them trying to claim her, as a lot of people want her for the same reason. It will be interesting either way. If she is "claimed" or she escapes that position and exerts her own agency or power.

She doesn't need LF for Harrenhal. She is heir to Harrenhal (after Edmure who surrendered, and her brothers, believed dead) via Catelyn, whose mother was a Whent.