One thing

Ok rather than a series of changes make oneas thought you ruled there to utterly transform one of the 7 kingdoms for a huge uplift.

North:  build a goddamn western navy using wood from near the wall on the north side!. This would create a gap that wildlings cany easily slip past , protect the shore from ironborn thus encouraging fishing and give the north one more way to strike at southern states!

Riverlands: water wheel mills everywhere to exploit its namesake. Begin mass producing grain, flour, malt (horray) meal and trip mills for cloth and trip hammers to help forge armour...the performance ofnthe roverlands military would prob shoot up of its knights had the best armour and the foot had decent helmets and chestpieces etc to a man!

Westerlands: kevans idea is flawless..set up a bank and  in timenitl be like a 2nd casterly rocks worth of gold is found

Crownlands: boost the fleet and anchor some.of them in duskendale port to help boost its flagging economy. Entire fleet moves beteeen it and dragonstone to draw trade tot he one bustlong 2nd city of crownlands

Vale: hire hunters ,woodsmen and trackers and ensure the knights lead huge campigns vs clansmen to ensure the trip to the vale isnt taking your life in your hands  anymore. Cut back forrest to give more fsrmland and less srea for these savages to hide in

Reach: hard to fault their already impressibve growth. A bank offering food as well as loans to whomeever needs it

Iron islands: there anoter major island chain off their western coast apparently with wood, boar and fresh water..adding this to the islands would be a massive boost

Stormlands: give up on stormbreaker bay and massively expand the ports at the much safer tarth and estermont

Dorne: retake the stepstones, clean them of pirates and have the orpahsn og the grernblood form the backbone of a military and merchant fleet.

The North is sparsely populated, especially the Western part. I don't think it's possible for them to fund a navy. A more efficient way to improve life there would be to boost security at the Wall, to cut down on wildling raids. Then the Gift and New Gift would be safe places to live again, as they were years ago when the Night's Watch was stronger, and all 19 castles were manned.

And in fact, something like that may happen soon. The Watch has diminished because most Westerosis believe the Long Night and the Others are mere folklore. Westeros is about to be reminded that these are real threats. That will probably lead to an increase in the prestige and power of the Watch.

For the Riverlands, yes, water power would be valuable; it would reduce the cost of flour and sawn lumber, two important commodities, among other things. Well-placed bridges, built large and strong to withstand floods, would do a lot to enhance commerce and travel. Rivers are useful to Invaders and bandits, so some sort of fresh-water naval force (in my head it's called the River Watch) would be valuable.

9 hours ago, Aebram said:

The North is sparsely populated, especially the Western part. I don't think it's possible for them to fund a navy. A more efficient way to improve life there would be to boost security at the Wall, to cut down on wildling raids. Then the Gift and New Gift would be safe places to live again, as they were years ago when the Night's Watch was stronger, and all 19 castles were manned.

And in fact, something like that may happen soon. The Watch has diminished because most Westerosis believe the Long Night and the Others are mere folklore. Westeros is about to be reminded that these are real threats. That will probably lead to an increase in the prestige and power of the Watch.

For the Riverlands, yes, water power would be valuable; it would reduce the cost of flour and sawn lumber, two important commodities, among other things. Well-placed bridges, built large and strong to withstand floods, would do a lot to enhance commerce and travel. Rivers are useful to Invaders and bandits, so some sort of fresh-water naval force (in my head it's called the River Watch) would be valuable.

Id say the west would be heavier populationwise in time  if it was safer from seaborne raiders. White harbour, bravos and seaguard could help build it fast! I  agree cutting down on wildling crossings would help too. Cutting down the forrest near the wall and selling the timber would help fund it.

On 1/22/2024 at 2:14 AM, astarkchoice said:

Ok rather than a series of changes make oneas thought you ruled there to utterly transform one of the 7 kingdoms for a huge uplift.

North:  build a goddamn western navy using wood from near the wall on the north side!. This would create a gap that wildlings cany easily slip past , protect the shore from ironborn thus encouraging fishing and give the north one more way to strike at southern states!

Riverlands: water wheel mills everywhere to exploit its namesake. Begin mass producing grain, flour, malt (horray) meal and trip mills for cloth and trip hammers to help forge armour...the performance ofnthe roverlands military would prob shoot up of its knights had the best armour and the foot had decent helmets and chestpieces etc to a man!

Westerlands: kevans idea is flawless..set up a bank and  in timenitl be like a 2nd casterly rocks worth of gold is found

Crownlands: boost the fleet and anchor some.of them in duskendale port to help boost its flagging economy. Entire fleet moves beteeen it and dragonstone to draw trade tot he one bustlong 2nd city of crownlands

Vale: hire hunters ,woodsmen and trackers and ensure the knights lead huge campigns vs clansmen to ensure the trip to the vale isnt taking your life in your hands  anymore. Cut back forrest to give more fsrmland and less srea for these savages to hide in

Reach: hard to fault their already impressibve growth. A bank offering food as well as loans to whomeever needs it

Iron islands: there anoter major island chain off their western coast apparently with wood, boar and fresh water..adding this to the islands would be a massive boost

Stormlands: give up on stormbreaker bay and massively expand the ports at the much safer tarth and estermont

Dorne: retake the stepstones, clean them of pirates and have the orpahsn og the grernblood form the backbone of a military and merchant fleet.

The Seven Kingdoms will be in a state of misery until it is again unified under Targaryen rule.  What I meant was restoring Targaryen rule with Daenerys running the show.  And Jon Snow is not a Targaryen.  Jon failed to lead a small group at the Wall.  Jon is definitely not suitable to rule anything larger than a sheep's pen even if he turns out to be Rhaegar's bastard.

Westeros was much better under Targaryen rule than it was when Robert was king.  Robert's and Cersei's debt to the iron bank will need to be paid slowly.  Though that will be hard to do because of the damage from the five kings at war and the long winter that has arrived.  But assuming Westeros survives the assault of winter, the Starks, and the White Walkers, I would like to see the following done.

1. Make payments on the debt.
  2. The Wildings will need to go back to the north side of the Wall if they choose to refuse to follow the rules. 
  3. The Unsulled should replace the city guards and be the security force for King's Landing.
  4. Take the Baratheon, Tully, Lannister, and Stark lands and give them to other families who will prove more loyal.
  5. Take Sweetrobin for a dragon ride.  Show him around the Eyrie from 5000 feet in the air.  He will pledge his fealty very quickly.
  6. Release Ser Alliser from the watch and give him Storm's End if he kneels and swears fealty.
  7. Repopulate the North with the people from Meereen who were slaves. 

38 minutes ago, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

The Seven Kingdoms will be in a state of misery until it is again unified under Targaryen rule.  What I meant was restoring Targaryen rule with Daenerys running the show.  And Jon Snow is not a Targaryen.  Jon failed to lead a small group at the Wall.  Jon is definitely not suitable to rule anything larger than a sheep's pen even if he turns out to be Rhaegar's bastard.

Westeros was much better under Targaryen rule than it was when Robert was king.  Robert's and Cersei's debt to the iron bank will need to be paid slowly.  Though that will be hard to do because of the damage from the five kings at war and the long winter that has arrived.  But assuming Westeros survives the assault of winter, the Starks, and the White Walkers, I would like to see the following done.

2. The Wildings will need to go back to the north side of the Wall if they choose to refuse to follow the rules. 
  3. The Unsulled should replace the city guards and be the security force for King's Landing.
  4. Take the Baratheon, Tully, Lannister, and Stark lands and give them to other families who will prove more loyal.
  5. Take Sweetrobin for a dragon ride.  Show him around the Eyrie from 5000 feet in the air.  He will pledge his fealty very quickly.
  6. Release Ser Alliser from the watch and give him Storm's End if he kneels and swears fealty.

Ooh you  scamp

The last targ ruling needed a lannister  holding his hand to stop him screwing it up and debt aside roberts rule was a peaceful sucess.

1 hour ago, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

You know, compared to your plan, invasion by the Others actually sounds quite nice.

So... tear down the Wall, I suppose?

Anyway, my plan:

1. Give more independence to cities and towns in order to encourage trade and create counterweight to lords.
  2. Have all kingdoms with a coastline establish their own navies.
  3. Create a standing army if at all possible.
  4. Allow Wildlings essentially free reign of the Gift, but nowhere else.

On 1/22/2024 at 12:44 AM, astarkchoice said:

The only reason Brandons Shipwright and Burner existed was to allow the start of the WOT5K without a northern fleet. That and add to the allure of the Sunset Sea's voyages (Vinland lol) 

Bring on your storm, my lord-and recall, if you do, the name of this castle

Fucking goosebumps every single time

Dorne: retake the stepstones, clean them of pirates

I think they're there to play a major role in the forthcoming books.

Chekhov's pirates 

scratching my chin?*

Vale: hire hunters ,woodsmen and trackers and ensure the knights lead huge campigns vs clansmen to ensure the trip to the vale isnt taking your life in your hands  anymore

Right. The Andals manifest destiny. Rid the native savages. Genocide is the way to go.

Shit you really did go on to use the word savages lmao.

Ok they're that, but ethnic cleansing umm...

Nice

But I think Duskendale is going to be destroyed this time around. Fire and Blood baby. There was a thread long back pertaining this foreshadowing. 

They were doing that until the 5 kings chose to hold a dumpsterfire clusterfuck right smack in their midst. And knights of true steel can't just be forged with... good armour. (shit have to finish better next time)

And huh the westerlands neverending gold is a serious plothole. I mean, for millenia?

Edited by TheLastWolf

1 hour ago, TheLastWolf said:

-The only reason Brandons Shipwright and Burner existed was to allow the start of the WOT5K without a northern fleet. That and add to the allure of the Sunset Sea's voyages (Vinland lol) 

-Bring on your storm, my lord-and recall, if you do, the name of this castle

Fucking goosebumps every single time

-I think they're there to play a major role in the forthcoming books.

Chekhov's pirates 

-scratching my chin?*

-Right. The Andals manifest destiny. Rid the native savages. Genocide is the way to go.

Shit you really did go on to use the word savages lmao.

Ok they're that, but ethnic cleansing umm...

Nice

-But I think Duskendale is going to be destroyed this time around. Fire and Blood baby. There was a thread long back pertaining this foreshadowing. 

-They were doing that until the 5 kings chose to hold a dumpsterfire clusterfuck right smack in their midst. And knights of true steel can't just be forged with... good armour. (shit have to finish better next time)

-And huh the westerlands neverending gold is a serious plothole. I mean, for millenia?

-yeah its a pity esp as we see how quickly manderly builds a fleet   even a much smaller fleet would have  warned off the ironborn.

-if only hed lit more candles

- could be but yeah theyd be great for dorne to sieze

-https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aegon,_Rhaenys,_and_Visenya_(islands)

-differentt times and they cannot be allowed to kill+  rape everyone who chooses to come to the vale 

-could be 

-well good armour cant hurt esp if you can knock some very basic cover en masse fkr the foot

-True one can assume its like only a bit gets released everybso often to keep prices high, castlery rock must be just one big nugget dug covered in granite, but theres other mines in the golden tooth etc

Of course it doesnt hurt our current lannisters that big daddy twin massacred the only familes  with goldmines pulling anything close to theirs and of course took it for themselves AND his brutality suddenly reminded all of tytos vassals about the gold they owed him back!!

Shit it almost  would be  a plothole in terms of sellswords as tywin should have been able to double his army in no time BUT varys does say the 3 sisters are threatening to go back at war over the disputed lands early in the books therefore most of the merc muscle would already be contracted

2 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

yeah its a pity esp as we see how quickly manderly builds a fleet   even a much smaller fleet would have  warned off the ironborn.

Maybe we'll see a resurgent northern fleet come spring, if it ever does

-if only hed lit more candles

lmao

rofl

could be but yeah theyd be great for dorne to sieze

Doran really pulled a badass moment in that tower

uh okay then

-differentt times and they cannot be allowed to kill+  rape everyone who chooses to come to the vale 

fair enough but the Starks gave a real hammering to quiet the Skagosi. Didn't kill em off. Something like that maybe

well good armour cant hurt esp if you can knock some very basic cover en masse fkr the foot

mounted and armoured Tyrion ploughing through agrees