Sandor's bloody cloak in the cedar chest

on another topic does anybody think that part of his high opinion of Sansa as a true lady could stem from the bad example of Cersie. Due to his position as Joffrey's Hound he would have had many opportunities to see first hand how the pre-eminant 'lady' in the land conducted herself. Sansa must have been like a breath of fresh air!

Well, given that Cersei is a woman and Sansa is still a very young girl it would be hard to compare them in the beginning, but I do agree that he must find her a refreshing change from the regular broads :)

At first it seemed he started out really disdainful towards Sansa's piety. He just couldn't believe that someone was soooo naive and clueless. But over time, he seems to come to value it and at the end realises that she has something he has lost through terrible experiences and bitterness.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if he meets Sansa as Alayne Stone. Will she act braver, more 'womanish'? Will he be seduced, or angry and call her out on it?

It seemed to fit - honestly, can you imagine ANYONE who annoys the Hound more than Loras? I mean, he hates Gregor, sure, but you know Loras must get on his last.freaking.nerve.

Seriously, yes! He's all "I hate his bloody f(&!ing perfcct hair while I have to have this lame combover. And his stupid bloody f(*&@_) pretty face. RAR." It's got to inspire a different kind of rage-a-thon than his more righteous rage-a-thons at the hypocritical knights.

At first it seemed he started out really disdainful towards Sansa's piety.

Yes, definitely! Don't many of us hate those people who represent our own lost ideals. It's like George Carlin said: beneath every cynic is a disappointed idealist.

Btw, I figured since I'm a landed knight now I needed a serious BAMF for my avatar. Is he not terrifying?

Peace out, HFGs.

on another topic does anybody think that part of his high opinion of Sansa as a true lady could stem from the bad example of Cersie. Due to his position as Joffrey's Hound he would have had many opportunities to see first hand how the pre-eminant 'lady' in the land conducted herself. Sansa must have been like a breath of fresh air!

Probably, though we don't really see Sandor interact with Cersei. He doesn't seem to have much of an opinion of her. I wouldn't be surprised if she'd propositioned him though LOL He must be pretty bangin' from the neck down. :leer:

I often wondered he displayed such open dislike of Tyrion though. When we left him, in book 3 I thought it might have been some weird jealousy thing, but that's not it. He was snarking at him early in book 1. It's like every time Tyrion gave Joff an order he just couldn't help himself. And Joff was acting like a dick in most of those instances too. And there was that time in book one, in one of the first chapters where he openly made fun of Tyrion. At Winterfell.

Pretty big glass house for him to be making appearance jokes.

Probably, though we don't really see Sandor interact with Cersei. He doesn't seem to have much of an opinion of her. I wouldn't be surprised if she'd propositioned him though LOL He must be pretty bangin' from the neck down. :leer:

I often wondered he displayed such open dislike of Tyrion though. When we left him, in book 3 I thought it might have been some weird jealousy thing, but that's not it. He was snarking at him early in book 1. It's like every time Tyrion gave Joff an order he just couldn't help himself. And Joff was acting like a dick in most of those instances too. And there was that time in book one, in one of the first chapters where he openly made fun of Tyrion. At Winterfell.

Pretty big glass house for him to be making appearance jokes.

Two theories on that:

1 Tyrion was just to flippant for Sandor and just got under his skin he is also a lot more comfortable in his own skin than Sandor I think which may be something else that irked him

2 When GRRM first began the series he intended the hound to be a bit of a one dimensional baddy, I didn't like him myself at Winterfell he seemed to have no redeeming qualities at all, it's only later his character developes.

I imagine he must be unreal from the neck down lol in fact I imagine it quite a bit ;)

Two theories on that:

1 Tyrion was just to flippant for Sandor and just got under his skin he is also a lot more comfortable in his own skin than Sandor I think which may be something else that irked him

2 When GRRM first began the series he intended the hound to be a bit of a one dimensional baddy, I didn't like him myself at Winterfell he seemed to have no redeeming qualities at all, it's only later his character developes.

I imagine he must be unreal from the neck down lol in fact I imagine it quite a bit ;)

I agree with Martin probably changing his character development too, especially when he he saw the potential he could have with Sansa's character.

Yeah....... I want really want other descriptions of what Sandor looks like besides the burned face :leer:

I agree with Martin probably changing his character development too, especially when he he saw the potential he could have with Sansa's character.

Yeah....... I want really want other descriptions of what Sandor looks like besides the burned face :leer:

The most common adjectival descriptions of him besides "hideous," "burned," "ugly," et al. tend to be "broad," "massive," and "big/bigger." Shweet.

Wooooo! I love that I started a leer fest! :leer::drool: At least I'm not alone in being a lecher. And we have had descriptions of him from the neck down a few times. I at least remember something about 6 and a half feet and heavily muscled. And something about a broad chest possibly.

Total derailment, but oh well. For physical descriptions of characters, his have been pretty decent.

Wooooo! I love that I started a leer fest! :leer::drool: At least I'm not alone in being a lecher. And we have had descriptions of him from the neck down a few times. I at least remember something about 6 and a half feet and heavily muscled. And something about a broad chest possibly.

Total derailment, but oh well. For physical descriptions of characters, his have been pretty decent.

Someone worked out somewhere that he's probably closer to 6'9"; while Brienne is 6'6' (hence the QI comparison). Don't know exactly where on this board those speculations are. The most consistent description we get of him besides his face is emphasis on his broad shoulders.

And you ladies should be ashamed of yourselves, speculatin' about a man of the gods this way. Poor guy's so busy shoving his massive, rock-hard shovel deep into holes in the ground, he doesn't have time to think about lechery. Sheesh.

:devil:

Someone worked out somewhere that he's probably closer to 6'9"; while Brienne is 6'6' (hence the QI comparison). Don't know exactly where on this board those speculations are. The most consistent description we get of him besides his face is emphasis on his broad shoulders.

And you ladies should be ashamed of yourselves, speculatin' about a man of the gods this way. Poor guy's so busy shoving his massive, rock-hard shovel deep into holes in the ground, he doesn't have time to think about lechery. Sheesh.

Now that one really really did it for me. Thanks spider. Now I'm going to need to wipe that drool off the keyboard. :drool:

On the actual topic of this thread, I always thought Sansa was both attracted and frightened a bit by his physical strength. That was a lot of the reason he made her feel safe I think.

Ah the Sandor love. :love:

:pirate:

Ok, ya'll girls are so not fair...... all these descriptions are cruel cruel cruel :D

ADWD spoiler alert:

ok, so who else totally imagines that if Sandor is anything like Qarl the Maid, Sansa is in for a rocking time?!! I swear, I was happy for Asha, but all I kept thinking was damn, this should be San/San getting it on!!

Ok, ya'll girls are so not fair...... all these descriptions are cruel cruel cruel :D

ADWD spoiler alert:

ok, so who else totally imagines that if Sandor is anything like Qarl the Maid, Sansa is in for a rocking time?!! I swear, I was happy for Asha, but all I kept thinking was damn, this should be San/San getting it on!!

I'm not with ya there, though I understand that some thought it was hot. I almost put the book down at that moment, I was so infuriated. But I don't want to get into it here because I'm still recovering from my deep irritation with the thread that will not be named. ETA: that's nothing at all against you, brash :cheers: ; I'm just still smartin' from the rageousness.

I can see Sandor with Val. My guess is wildling women might dig scars. He needs a grown woman, cause he is totally still a virg. And George should import Diana Gabaldon to write that sex scene, cause she is actually good at writing sex scenes.

lol lol lol!

Archived