Crackpot Theories... Anyone have a complete list?

The_BlauerDragon

I have a new one, not sure how cracked it is or not. Remember the warg that got trapped in his eagle when Jon killed his human body (the one that Mel later incinerated in mid flight)? I think that it was foreshadowing that Bran will end up getting stuck inside Hodor... or possibly Summer. What say you all? Does my pottery hold water? :smoking:

I have a new one, not sure how cracked it is or not. Remember the warg that got trapped in his eagle when Jon killed his human body (the one that Mel later incinerated in mid flight)? I think that it was foreshadowing that Bran will end up getting stuck inside Hodor... or possibly Summer. What say you all? Does my pottery hold water? :smoking:
Well the prologue chapter in A Dance With Dragons supposedly goes into the topic of wargs and their magic. Bran demonstrates what could be the best developed talent for using warg abilities among the Starks and I think he's on course to learn more.

Interesting idea! If Bran ends up with Hodor's body, then I immediately change my "Three Heads of the Dragon" prediction from Dany, Jon and Jaime to Dany, Jon and Bran. Because you know that Bran/Hodor ("Brandor"?) would be perfect to, uhhh, fill the Khal Drogo slot, so to speak. ;)

Interesting idea! If Bran ends up with Hodor's body, then I immediately change my "Three Heads of the Dragon" prediction from Dany, Jon and Jaime to Dany, Jon and Bran. Because you know that Bran/Hodor ("Brandor"?) would be perfect to, uhhh, fill the Khal Drogo slot, so to speak. ;)

How about having the 3 heads of the Dragon be Jaime (or Jon), Tyrion, and Bran? They could form a tribunal type of government where there would be no singular ruler, but rather a counsel of 3 rulers.

I hate the double posts... So here's a random bit of weirdness to chew on. Bran gets stuck in Hodor, then later runs into Sansa. The two of them end up in the sack (perhaps without even knowing who each other are). Is that still incest?

I hate the double posts... So here's a random bit of weirdness to chew on. Bran gets stuck in Hodor, then later runs into Sansa. The two of them end up in the sack (perhaps without even knowing who each other are). Is that still incest?

LMAO!!!

What a great situation that would be eh? OR what if Bran KNOWS who she is and goes for it?

I think Rickon + Sansa is more likely, if far in the future. There's quite a chance he will be totally wildling-ified and forget his Stark past. And Sansa would definitely recognize Hodor, but not so much the Rickon she hasn't seen in 10 years or so. By then he will have become chief of the mountain clans after feeding Shagga to Shaggydog, and will slay Harry the Heir in single combat. The Lady of the Vale would then find Rickon the perfect political match to end the fighting. Not to mention she would feel a strange attraction to him...

I think Rickon + Sansa is more likely, if far in the future. There's quite a chance he will be totally wildling-ified and forget his Stark past. And Sansa would definitely recognize Hodor, but not so much the Rickon she hasn't seen in 10 years or so. By then he will have become chief of the mountain clans after feeding Shagga to Shaggydog, and will slay Harry the Heir in single combat. The Lady of the Vale would then find Rickon the perfect political match to end the fighting. Not to mention she would feel a strange attraction to him...

Awesome! And then someone - probably one of the Reeds, 'cause it seems like something the Reeds would do - shows up (after the marriage and consumation, of course) and reveals the truth! Ha! :thumbsup:

(Though, even Sansa would probably wonder how this auburn-headed warrior got ahold of a direwolf...)

Awesome! And then someone - probably one of the Reeds, 'cause it seems like something the Reeds would do - shows up (after the marriage and consumation, of course) and reveals the truth! Ha! :thumbsup:

(Though, even Sansa would probably wonder how this auburn-headed warrior got ahold of a direwolf...)

The only thing that I don't like about that scenario is that it would require Sansa to still be alive and in a position of power when Rickon reaches adulthood. Would you allow for a slightly varied scenario?

How's this:

Having been raised knowing of his Stark heritage, a wildling raised Rickon one day heads towards the North, to reclaim Winterfell. Along the way, he travels through the vale. He defeats Shagga in single combat, and then takes possession of a Slave woman that Shagga had recently won from Timmet in a game of chance (or perhaps traded for a new goat, or something). It is only after he has mated with her, fallen in love with her, and decided to make her more than a pleasure slave that he stumbles across someone (I'll agree, a Reed would be appropriate) who informs him that he is traveling with his oldest sister. Finally, he understands why she had not seemed to mind that Shaggydog had been mating with her also.

Would that still work for you?

The only thing that I don't like about that scenario is that it would require Sansa to still be alive and in a position of power when Rickon reaches adulthood. Would you allow for a slightly varied scenario?

How's this:

Having been raised knowing of his Stark heritage, a wildling raised Rickon one day heads towards the North, to reclaim Winterfell. Along the way, he travels through the vale. He defeats Shagga in single combat, and then takes possession of a Slave woman that Shagga had recently won from Timmet in a game of chance (or perhaps traded for a new goat, or something). It is only after he has mated with her, fallen in love with her, and decided to make her more than a pleasure slave that he stumbles across someone (I'll agree, a Reed would be appropriate) who informs him that he is traveling with his oldest sister. Finally, he understands why she had not seemed to mind that Shaggydog had been mating with her also.

Would that still work for you?

I'm not sure whether the appropriate icon is :stunned: or :cheers: What does that say about me? :P

It might say that you and I will get along just fine. :cheers:

Except for certain theories that some of us may or may not ascribe to :lol: But then I've had some pretty vicious arguments with some of my best friends - this is what happens when you meet your friends at a college that teaches you to argue intelligently ;)

Except for certain theories that some of us may or may not ascribe to :lol: But then I've had some pretty vicious arguments with some of my best friends - this is what happens when you meet your friends at a college that teaches you to argue intelligently ;)

I was unaware that colleges still did that. I thought that all of the traditional "ground" colleges taught their students to rely entirely on CNN for all of their current events information, and to blindly follow the most extreme leftist doctrines. There are still colleges that teach free thinking and intelligent debate?

I'm afraid education=indoctrination on all sides (though I agree that most public colleges teach those concepts, as you say :P)

Edit: And Blauer, this is in response to you too:

Ah, but I went to a private University (and will be paying off the debt for the rest of my life :ack: ) where we learned to analyse and play Devil's advocate so much that I once had to take this... I dunno, personality test or something when I applied for a job as a store manager. I didn't do well because I wouldn't just circle the "right" letter answer - I wanted to argue about it! "But there are cases where this answer isn't right! There are times when such-and-such would be ok!" They didn't want me to be analytical - they wanted me to be a cookie cutter.

Is it any wonder why I over-analyse stuff in this series, then? "Oh, God, so-and-so's gonna die because of ONE WORD that someone said in an off-hand comment!" :eek:

So... that's what I do.

Is it possible that Darkstar's plan (all along) had been to deliver Myrcella to LF then, and that the Martell whore was just being used as a means of gaining access? That would explain a lot. It might also explain why, (failing to carry out his orders) he reverted to plan B and slashed her face. Interesting...

Is it possible that Darkstar's plan (all along) had been to deliver Myrcella to LF then, and that the Martell whore was just being used as a means of gaining access? That would explain a lot. It might also explain why, (failing to carry out his orders) he reverted to plan B and slashed her face. Interesting...

Interesting indeed! Food for thought. He should have killed her but he missed his chance.

Well, of course, because everyone knows that anything anyone does in this series is because LF is really behind it :cool:

Archived