Crackpot Theories... Anyone have a complete list?

The_BlauerDragon

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "crackpot" or not, but it's a pet theory of mine:

Tyrion is going to end up as the king.

I noticed on my third(?) readthrough of GoT that Martin uses a phrase along the lines of "For a moment Tyrion Lannister stood as tall as a king." (I don't have the book with me at the moment. It's at the end of the chapter where the royal family is feasted at Winterfell, and it refers to how long Tyrion's shadow is when he opens the door to go back into the main hall.)

Also, at Joffrey's wedding, Tyrion reflects that Sansa would make a good queen.

So, my personal theory - Tyrion hooks up with Dany in DwD, becomes one of the heads of the dragon and, since Dany is barren (we assume), she names him her heir. When Dany dies, or steps down, Tyrion becomes king with Sansa as his queen.

Crackpottery? Possibly, but we all love being crackpots ;)

No-one has mentioned the hair imagery of Eddard and Jaime.

Ned's hair is brown, whereas Jaime has hair of gold.

Thus Ned derives his power from wood, whereas Jaime harnasses the power of fire.

This explains why Ned is able to control and manipulate the weirwoods, and also why Jaime is a pawn of R'hllor.

Discuss.

A truly great listing of crackpot theories... I still wish that someone would go through and put them all into a list (I would if I weren't having to sneak on here while at work)... That way, we could not only have the full list, but we could vote for favorites (or most severely cracked)...

Oh, and now we can add to the equation C+P=R!

Two more crackpot theories:

1 - Myrcella is dead, Doran lied to his daughter.

2 - Alayaya is Tywin's daughter, he seems to like whores (Shae) and Varys told this to Tyrion about the tunnel under Chataya's brothel: "The tunnel was dug for another King's Hand, whose honor would not allow him to enter such a house openly."

This is for the supporters of the theory that shall not be named...

Jon gets visited by Loras and Tyrion (who have formed a comedic duo ~ with Loras wearing golden armor and tyrion wearing a smooth, wide, white helmet), who tell him that he has to go and meet up with Mag the Mighty and Mance Rayder to save Margeary from the Faith (and she is later revealed to be his long lost twin), and then the ghost of the half-hand shows up and tells him that he must go beyond the wall to speak with Yogi the Bear and learn the ways of the Source, so that he can learn to wield a flaming sword and defeat the Great Other, who is non other than Rhaegar Targaryen... They fight, Rhaegar says "Jon, I am your father." then lops Jon's hand off... Jon runs crying back to the wall, and gets a new hand put onto him (they cut it off of a wight)... then he returns to fight the Great Other again and well... I think you all see where I was going with that, so you know the rest of the story.

Maybe Madd king Aerys had himself a secret lover! Maybe it was Septa Mordane! or better yet, maybe it was VARYS! Maybe A+SM=H and HODOR is the true Hidden Targaryen and PWWP... Or maybe A+V=Darkwing Dayne (Credit to Garlic Knight for that one) Maybe he really was "of the night" that particular night... Or Maybe it was both...

A+SM=H and A+V=DD

Which would mean that if Hodor and Darkwing Dayne get together, then...?

DD+H=A?

Aerys Reborn? Since he's the second A, wouldn't that make him AA? So...

DD+H=AA!!!

• 4 weeks later...

The best original (as far as I've read here) crackpot theory I've come up wtih arose from my inkling that, since she got away from King's Landing without carrying Joffrey's (guess what Sansa, this isn't true) love child (which I really thought would've been apropos), Sansa is still due one more nice bit of karmic payback for her sins. I predict that Sansa will swoon for the suave, handsome Harry the Heir. He will flirt with her shamelessly, and she'll think she's found her Florian at last. Then Loras will pass through town (perhaps for the Sansa/Harry wedding?) and (clueless until she barges in unexpectedly) Sansa will catch Harry and Loras in flagrante delicto. It would be fitting ... and after all, Loras and Harry may have both squired for knights who taught them similar lessons...

Harry and Loras? Why must it be Loras? It's not like he is the only knight in all the realms that is of the persuasion. Is it because she once swooned for Loras as well? I think it would be fitting for her to walk in on Harry and some burly, ugly man... or better yet, have her walk in and catch Harry in an act of bestiality... perhaps with a dog? It would be fitting for her to be wearing her family's dire wolf and seeing that... So that it could hit home that after everything has been taken into account, and has been stripped away, she's just another lap-dog...

Still not sure that this would in any way satisfy as a "path to redemption", but it might work as a catalyst to set her on that path. I find myself really hoping that if she will have any redemption at all, that it will be in her somehow reuniting with her husband and following through her marriage obligations honorably and lovingly... That is, of course, if Tyrion would take her back... She's a bit beneath his usual standard, after all...

Harry and Loras? Why must it be Loras? It's not like he is the only knight in all the realms that is of the persuasion. Is it because she once swooned for Loras as well? I think it would be fitting for her to walk in on Harry and some burly, ugly man... or better yet, have her walk in and catch Harry in an act of bestiality... perhaps with a dog? It would be fitting for her to be wearing her family's dire wolf and seeing that...

For crying out loud, does everyone in the series have to be some kind of sexual pervert?

For crying out loud, does everyone in the series have to be some kind of sexual pervert?

No... Just a select few... The grit and grime, and depravity that is shown in this series is one of the more attractive features... It's like watching "Cops", or stopping to take a closer look at a horrific accident...

Harry and Loras? Why must it be Loras? It's not like he is the only knight in all the realms that is of the persuasion. Is it because she once swooned for Loras as well?

Yes, that was my thought exactly -- that's what makes it perfect. Her tendency to judge men based on appearance finally come full circle. And while I'm sure there are some other knights who belong to the Order of the Friends of Dorothy, we don't know of many ... and it is still my fervent hope that Loras gets the new POV (comments at a book signing in Spain be damned).

Still not sure that this would in any way satisfy as a "path to redemption", but it might work as a catalyst to set her on that path. I find myself really hoping that if she will have any redemption at all, that it will be in her somehow reuniting with her husband and following through her marriage obligations honorably and lovingly... That is, of course, if Tyrion would take her back... She's a bit beneath his usual standard, after all...

So I see that you're clearly a big Sansa fan? ;) I didn't propose it as a "path to redemption," just the final bit of karma she's due ... but I can see where it could set her on that path. Or perhaps catching Harry and Loras will be the final straw, sending her into the rage in which she kills LF. Who knows?

Archived