Crackpot Theories... Anyone have a complete list?

The_BlauerDragon

• 3 weeks later...
Or Mayhap that Jojen is actually Howland... Is that the theory?

Jojen = Howland aging backwards? When would he have had to start aging backwards to have been Ned's contemporary during the war, yet to be the apparent age of "Jojen" now?

In a completely unrelated but even more crackpot vein, I've introduced a friend to the books -- he's currently about halfway through with ASoS. I alerted him to the fact that GRRM hides a lot of the plot beneath the surface, so to speak, and as an example I suggested he look out for clues regarding Jon Snow's parentage. He wrote back a nice long paragraph explaining why he thought Ned Stark and (it almost makes me gag to even type it) Lysa (Tully) Arryn are Jon's parents. :ack:

I wrote him back that, as far as I know, he's the first to come up with this particular theory, and I'd post it here so that if it turns out to be true, he can get credit. Scary, is it not?

He wrote back a nice long paragraph explaining why he thought Ned Stark and (it almost makes me gag to even type it) Lysa (Tully) Arryn are Jon's parents. :ack:

I wrote him back that, as far as I know, he's the first to come up with this particular theory, and I'd post it here so that if it turns out to be true, he can get credit. Scary, is it not?

Barf-inducing, indeed!!!

My best/worst cracked pottery: In addition to being the gravedigger, and a warg, Sandor is also warged inside Maribald's dog when we're with them in the story. Not only does he have a proper name (Dog), but for some reason he seems to be excessively personified and unusually aware of what's being said.

Plus, Joffrey used to address Sandor as "Dog." Dog is a big dog, and Sandor is a big man. So... there we go :)

Plus, Joffrey used to address Sandor as "Dog." Dog is a big dog, and Sandor is a big man. So... there we go :)

That ranks right up there with the theory that had the black fish literally shapeshifting into a black fish and swimming away...

My theory (which some call crackpot but which I think is certainly pausible) is that Robert baratheon is still alive. Yes. Robert Bzratheon, who was sick of being king paid a faceless man to take his form and get gored by a boar, and then die. Or maybe the goring was a lie (Ned wasn't there remember) and the FM man was put in bed later. They are a cult of death, so I bet if you pay them enough they could die for you.

Meanwhile Robert dashes of to the East, taking his armor and his warhammer, like he always wanted.

He will return however, when he is neded the most. At the Trident, the Demon will ride forth one last time and save once more the kingdom he could never truly rule.

For Lyanna.

My theory (which some call crackpot but which I think is certainly pausible) is that Robert baratheon is still alive. Yes. Robert Bzratheon, who was sick of being king paid a faceless man to take his form and get gored by a boar, and then die. Or maybe the goring was a lie (Ned wasn't there remember) and the FM man was put in bed later. They are a cult of death, so I bet if you pay them enough they could die for you.

Meanwhile Robert dashes of to the East, taking his armor and his warhammer, like he always wanted.

He will return however, when he is neded the most. At the Trident, the Demon will ride forth one last time and save once more the kingdom he could never truly rule.

For Lyanna.

Nice. And as he rides forth, a (fat) mystery knight to confront the invading dragon queen, he'll say, "Dammit, why can't you Targs just leave my Kingdom alone?" And Dany will say, "Your kingdom? Who the hell are you?" And he will pull off his helmet and go, "I am Robert! The first of my name! King of the Andals and Rhoynar and First men! No man of woman born can harm me...oh, wait, wrong king..." And Dany will say "Dracarys!" :thumbsup:

Actually, that would be a pretty cool confrontation... hmmm... there was a thread somewhere about who you'd like to see in a climactic battle (whether they were alive at the same time or not). I'm gonna go find it and add Robert vs. Dany! :leaving:

Nice. And as he rides forth, a (fat) mystery knight to confront the invading dragon queen, he'll say, "Dammit, why can't you Targs just leave my Kingdom alone?" And Dany will say, "Your kingdom? Who the hell are you?" And he will pull off his helmet and go, "I am Robert! The first of my name! King of the Andals and Rhoynar and First men! No man of woman born can harm me...oh, wait, wrong king..." And Dany will say "Dracarys!" :thumbsup:

Actually, that would be a pretty cool confrontation... hmmm... there was a thread somewhere about who you'd like to see in a climactic battle (whether they were alive at the same time or not). I'm gonna go find it and add Robert vs. Dany! :leaving:

Oh, or better yet Robert goes east, beds Dany, and proves through his extremely fertile loins that she isn't actually baren afterall. Then he rides away. After that, Dany whelps the brat and dies leaving Tyrion in charge of her armies (The Dragons would have taken off to do their own thing a long time ago at this point). Tyrion sells the child to a bravoosi whorehouse, hooks up with his new sidekick (and sister-in-law) Arya and the two of them bring Dany's armies to Westeros.

Oh, or better yet Robert goes east, beds Dany, and proves through his extremely fertile loins that she isn't actually baren afterall. Then he rides away. After that, Dany whelps the brat and dies leaving Tyrion in charge of her armies (The Dragons would have taken off to do their own thing a long time ago at this point). Tyrion sells the child to a bravoosi whorehouse, hooks up with his new sidekick (and sister-in-law) Arya and the two of them bring Dany's armies to Westeros.

And we see an epilogue with a beautiful little girl with black hair and lavendar eyes, being brought up in a bravosi whore-house: "My mother was a queen - the mother of dragons! My father was a king. I will raise an army of whores and we will conquer the world!" And thus it begins again. Or not. :cool:

On a completely unrelated note:

I came across this idea on the I renounce R+L=J thread:

Horza, suggests that, among other theories I had heard of, that there are those who think Brienne is Duncan the Tall's great granddaughter. I must say I hadn't heard that one before. I do know that the sheild Brienne gets painted is a replica of Dunk's sheild, but not having read the Dunk and Egg stories myself (though it's amazing what you can pick up from forum discussions :smug: ) I don't know enough about Ser Duncan to know if this is a really good legitimate theory, or if it is some awesomely cracked pottery.

Opinions and discussion welcome!

On a completely unrelated note:

I came across this idea on the I renounce R+L=J thread:

Horza, suggests that, among other theories I had heard of, that there are those who think Brienne is Duncan the Tall's great granddaughter. I must say I hadn't heard that one before. I do know that the sheild Brienne gets painted is a replica of Dunk's sheild, but not having read the Dunk and Egg stories myself (though it's amazing what you can pick up from forum discussions :smug: ) I don't know enough about Ser Duncan to know if this is a really good legitimate theory, or if it is some awesomely cracked pottery.

Opinions and discussion welcome!

That's quite a legitimate theory. GRRM has mentioned that one of Ser Duncan's descendants is in the books.

Hints include:

- Brienne's size and strength

- The coat of arms on the shield she had painted (seen in her father's armory). This is Ser Duncan the Tall's coat of arms, who basically made it up and had it painted on his shield, too.

- Brienne is asked "are you as thick as a castle wall?" by Jaime. This is actually the real clincher because Duncan was always asked the same question by the knight he was squiring for.

Sorry, no crackpot ;).

That's quite a legitimate theory. GRRM has mentioned that one of Ser Duncan's descendants is in the books.

Hints include:

- Brienne's size and strength

- The coat of arms on the shield she had painted (seen in her father's armory). This is Ser Duncan the Tall's coat of arms, who basically made it up and had it painted on his shield, too.

- Brienne is asked "are you as thick as a castle wall?" by Jaime. This is actually the real clincher because Duncan was always asked the same question by the knight he was squiring for.

Sorry, no crackpot ;).

Ok, cool. :) Good to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my only crackpot theory involving why Jaqen was in kings landing in the first place.

Vary tells Illyrio (arya overhears them) that Loras is writing his father to send his sister to court. Renly and Loras intend Robert to wed and bed her and make a new queen.

So obviously the Tyrells see Cersei as being out of the picture soon. Why? Maybe because they know her secret,(incest) or maybe they hired a FM to do her in.

But Robert dies before Jaqen gets to Cersei so its mission over.

What was it they found in Tyrions black cell when they searched it? Thats right, coins from Highgarden.(the ones Cersei keeps obsessing over.) Probably the same black cell previously occupied by one Jaqen H'ghar. Booyaa!

Archived