More MLB

Jaxom 1974

Brewers lose. Cubs lose. Cardinals win. This is shaping up to a be a great meltdown.

For the Brewers.

Cubs can't meltdown if they can't get over the hump to begin with. :P

The rest of the week will probably tell a great deal about the NL Central. Cubs have 5 more with the Cardinals after this upcoming series and 3 with the Brewers. The cyclical schedule they seem to be in continues as well. It'll be an interesting run.

And screw Rick Ankiel. :P (That's for Edison and TK.)

Six division play is only what 14 years old now?

However, I cannot recall so many close races ever when the 6 week mark was approaching. 16-17 teams in reasonable playoff hunts and 11 teams in the NL with at least a chance.

All six division races are within 5 games and the only 5 game lead is Boston/NY and that race is not only high profile, it has been made dramatically closer in the past month. Also three of the division races are 3 way races...can make it four if you consider Minnesota still viable at 6 back. Even an outside chance of Houston and LAD making 4 way battles in their respective divisions.

Now I didn't research whether this year's races are actually empirically closer than prior years were, but I feel comfortable in saying that it sure feels closer than anything I've seen before. I am very much looking forward to the 4th quarter of the 07 season. Is really nice to have a good three quarters of games every night having a substantial impact on the races.

:)

Caliban's giving up??? Okay then. But if they pull this out, and anything can still happen, then you're not allowed back on the band wagon. :P

I never give up. Especially not when the Cards are coming to town.

Congrats to the Cards. Maybe yu can exclipse last years cards team and become the worst world series champion in history.

I'd take that.

I am kind of embarrassed that the Cards are only 2 1/2 games back and still 2 games under .500.

Yadier Molina with 2 HR's today. The Brewers should just fold now. That's shameful.

Go Cards (he says in a tepid voice.... two games below even..... shakes head.... ).

Okay, first off, how freakin' odd is it that the Cubs and Cardinals 4 game series stretches across until Monday? Or is that a make up I'm forgetting about? Probably.

And are we agreed that the Brewers have just about made themselves irrelevant to the rest of the year and it's going to be a race between the Cubs and Cards to see who's starting pitching can last longer? If the Cardinals take the series this weekend, they should be in first. If the Cubs do, they'll be in first. A split I think will get the Cubs up slightly, but first place is changing hands over the next few days.

Go Cubs! :P

Okay, first off, how freakin' odd is it that the Cubs and Cardinals 4 game series stretches across until Monday? Or is that a make up I'm forgetting about? Probably.

And are we agreed that the Brewers have just about made themselves irrelevant to the rest of the year and it's going to be a race between the Cubs and Cards to see who's starting pitching can last longer? If the Cardinals take the series this weekend, they should be in first. If the Cubs do, they'll be in first. A split I think will get the Cubs up slightly, but first place is changing hands over the next few days.

Go Cubs! :P

"Don't get cocky, kid." - Han Solo.

It could go either way. And it could be messy. :P

Nothing like an August four game tilt with actual implications for the standings to get the rivalry rocking again.

It may be minor league level ball, but grab a cold Old Style and let the fun begin.

Jax, Crows eye, others in Cubdom: critical weekend. Very critical. In a four game set, you can really break the wil of a team in a race. A four game sweep or even a 3/4 will set the tone for the last quarter of the baseball season.

Nice to see those bats workin yesterday. Hopefully we can stay hot and send the Red Birds packing.

Somebody should start a MLB Baseball: The 4th Quarter Thread.

Archived