More MLB

Jaxom 1974

It's just so bizarre. "Who's NOW"? What the hell does that even MEAN? Why does it matter, why does half of every freaking broadcast need to be dedicated to the inane comparison of athletes in wildly divergent sports that ultimately amounts to a popularity contest? This is not what I tune in to ESPN to see. I hate it and I wish it would go away so far that it's as if it never existed.

What frightens me is that there might well be some focus group out there that actually suggested this sort of thing was a good idea. Worse: clearly it's not bombing or they would have abandoned it, right? My faith in my fellow man - indeed, my fellow sports fan - goes down further.

Couple...odd...trades so far. Iguchi goes to the Phillies to fill the void while Utley's on the DL, but what do they do with Iguchi when Chase does come back? Sit him on the bench in the stretch? Eh. And Wiggington goes to the Astros for Wheeler? Odd in that the Astros really don't have much to make a run for. Or are the up to something else?

Couple...odd...trades so far. Iguchi goes to the Phillies to fill the void while Utley's on the DL, but what do they do with Iguchi when Chase does come back? Sit him on the bench in the stretch? Eh. And Wiggington goes to the Astros for Wheeler? Odd in that the Astros really don't have much to make a run for. Or are the up to something else?

A single A reliever for Gooch is a great deal for the Phills. Utley just got a pin inserted into his hand and could be out for a month. Iguchi gives them a good fielder, good OBP guy, good hitter. I wouldnt be surprised if they try Iguchi at 3rd when Utley comes back, but at worst it gives them one of those 'good problems to have'. Im a big fan Iguchi.

Calling the Wiggington deal weird is a huge understatement. I have no idea what they are doing with that. The Reds also just traded for Jorge Cantu. Also the Brew Crew picked up a bad reliever named Mcclung.

The Cubs are going to trade for Jay Payton. Fucking stupid. Payton sucks. Come on Hendry, use your damn head.

How bout that nice little power surge by the Cub today. Fonz had a monster game.

You were ahead of the curve, man. You knew it was awful before you even watched it. Jaime L., did they ever end up giving you a cut? It was your idea.

Like all of America, I'm too involved in the Shaquille O'Neal vs. Tom Brady bracket to really press my case. Truly, who is more now? I can't even sleep at night dwelling on this.

If only Mike Greenberg and, say, Erin Andrews were around to guide me through this mess. The crude scorecards I made up just don't fully capture the respective NOW-ness of these great athletes.

"Unless I get to 1,500, I can't get 1,501. So in that sense, all numbers are important to me."

--Ichiro Suzuki.

What a guy.

Are you being critical? I can't tell.

Who was it predicted that the Cubs could be in first at the end of July? Win tonight and we're tied with the Brewers. It could happen.

Looks like Teixeira is going to the Braves. Sucks for my fantasy teams.

As a Brave fan, I love this. It means we are serious about making a run.

Also, I just heard on an Atlanta radio station, the Braves are close to a deal with Florida to get Dontrell Willis. I may have misheard this. I may not have been Willis.

As a Brave fan, I love this. It means we are serious about making a run.

Also, I just heard on an Atlanta radio station, the Braves are close to a deal with Florida to get Dontrell Willis. I may have misheard this. I may not have been Willis.

Nothing on Baseball Tonight that I saw about Willis moving to the Braves. Yet. But then, it's Baseball Tonight. They're not riding too high in respectability right now associated with the BOO YAH! network as they are...

...and just hours later, the Mets get Luis Castillo for a couple of single-A prospects. This was clearly a response to the Braves' move, since they mentioned the whole deal was put together in less than 24 hours. Well ok, it was clear beforehand that they needed a 2B, but the need became urgent with the Teixera trade. I like this - we get a Gold Glover for practically nothing, even if it's just for 3+ months (he turns free agent this year).

I haven't heard ANYTHING about the Willis trade, but if the Braves get him after all that posturing by the Marlins, I will be seriously pissed. If it's true that Dontrelle's available, then the Mets should be all over it. As such, I don't think he's going anywhere, since I haven't heard it anywhere but in THR's post.

What did he do now?

Well, I was reading this, which references this wherein he bashes San Francisco fans (not surprising; it seems to be federally mandated or something) and goes on about how Barry Bonds taking days off can potentially ruin the Cubs season. And I was thinking: How does this guy have a job? In Chicago? I thought they don't like bullshit in Chicago?

Edit: spelling

Well, I was reading this, which references this wherein he bashes San Francisco fans (not surprising; it seems to be federally mandated or something) and goes on about how Barry Bonds taking days off can potentially ruin the Cubs season. And I was thinking: How does this guy have a job? In Chicago? I thought they don't like bullshit in Chicago?

Edit: spelling

Oh. Well. No one actually reads his column. He has a job at the Sun Times because he's on the BOO YAH! Network and he's listed as the "From the Chicago Sun Times" and they use that as publicity.

I don't know a single person that reads his column in the paper.

Archived