More MLB

Jaxom 1974

Voting is over for the fans I beleive.

I can't believe that TBS is getting the coverage and that a lot of playoff baseball is going to find it's way there also.

As to the All Star game. I still like the NL's chances this year (I'm a Cubs fan, I have the optomism). It's the first time since '51 it hasn't alternated from American to National ballparks...if I read Wiki right.

Soriano should be starting in the outfield, but otherwise it's going to be tough to see other Cubs out there. Derrek Lee should be a serious consideration, but when you got Fielder and Pujols also...and Zambrano's pitching so much better now, he'd probably going to get a call (but he's so nuts and not exactly Larussa's favorite player...)

Other thoughts?

Representatives of the bottom feeders better show up to f-ing play.

That means you, Representative of the White Sox! :lol: (Though they did beat up Tampa Bay, kinda like the two weakest bullies on the playground having a throw down to prove that one another isn't all that weak.)

The all-star game should be abolished. With sportscenter and 4 nationally televised games a week, there is no reason to "showcase" the players because fans have already seen them play. The fact that home field in the WS is determined by a game that the managers and players dont even try to win is laughable. I hate the allstar game. I dont want any Cubs pitchers on the team. I dont want Big Z to throw 40 pitches in an absolutely meaningless game.

I have seen every star player in the major leagues play ball, I dont need this stupid game. It does nothing to increase the popularity of the game, thus making the game unnessesary.

HUGE series gets underway at 1:20 Cubs time. The 2 hottest teams in the NL square off.

Rich Hill, time to ramp up and get nasty on these fools. D Lee, Dero, Fonz, Fonte, Riot, R Bow, Aram, Izzy, Big Z, Balderdash, Felix the Bat, lets get going. Send these fat fools back to there insipid shit shack state. When the classiest thing you got going is Harley Davidson you got a serious problem. Give these fucks 3 loses and send them back on 94 to there hell hole state/city. These stinky bastards dont deserve to walk on the heavenly grasslands of 1060 Addison. They dont deserve to breath Illinois air.

I want to see the Cajun Connection up the middle, Geux Cubs!!!

I want to see the Cajun Connection up the middle, Geaux Cubs!!!

Fixed it for you. Sorry - my southern Louisiana upbringing wouldn't allow me to let it slide. :) I agree that the ASG essentially serves no purpose. Bud tried to make seem important with the WS home field advantage at stake, but if they're going to make the outcome mean anything at all, they've got to get rid of the "every team sends at least one rep" rule. Hell, I don't think they should let the fans pick the starting lineups if the game's final score is even remotely important.

I'm curious to see if anyone really wants to win the NL West. Did the Padres really improve with the acquisitions of Barrett and Bradley? Will the Dodgers be better off now that they are finally seeming to give their youngsters a shot at consistent PT?

I just love how much optimism you Cubs fans have!

Back on topic: big pitching match up last night, Penny v. Peavy. Both showed their worth, both went 7 innings with 5 hits and 1 ER. So who do you guys think is the NL started for the ASG? My vote's with Penny, he's got a better record than Peavy and a slight edge in ERA.

The sham of the DH strikes again as Ortiz makes the All Star roster as a starter. Oh he deserves to be there, but he's played how many games at first this yeat...?

The only thing worse is people actually voted Barry Bonds onto the NL team.

Archived