More MLB

Jaxom 1974

Don't make me have to bust out the "rubber and glue" defense.

You can try, but I don't think it will work. You see, the Dodgers have won 5 World Series' since moving to California.

You can try, but I don't think it will work. You see, the Dodgers have won 5 World Series' since moving to California.

And since the oh so recent win 19 years ago, the Bums have been back exactly zero times to the Giants two. Whoopty do!

Seriously, this can go nowhere. It's like arguing over whether a prairie dog is more badass than a chipmunk.

You can't get me with that one because I live in a private fantasy universe where the '02 series only went six games and Dusty didn't give out a game ball into the game was over.

Can I get in on that private fantasy universe? Sounds pretty sweet. Is Robb Nen still the Giants closer there, too?

I also think reports of Bonds' defensive ineptitude are somewhat overblown as well. Sure, he's a below average left fielder at this point but he's not completely abysmal or anything. He's 42, so his range isn't great, as you would expect, but he's still got world class instincts, so he gets a good break on balls hit in his direction. As long as there's a reasonably fast fielder playing next to him in center, his offense more than makes up for it.

Seriously, this can go nowhere. It's like arguing over whether a prairie dog is more badass than a chipmunk.

Obviously the chipmunk is more badass. Alvin was a snappy dresser and represented, yo.

Obviously the chipmunk is more badass. Alvin was a snappy dresser and represented, yo.

Ah, but Simon was a nerd, so, again, it all goes 'round and 'round.

On baseball, I've been voting for Okajima for the final AL spot, in part because he's on the Red Sox, in part because his ERA is like 0.90, but as I don't follow the NL as much, who should I be putting down for the NL spot? Convince me, it'l be worth a few votes.

On baseball, I've been voting for Okajima for the final AL spot, in part because he's on the Red Sox, in part because his ERA is like 0.90, but as I don't follow the NL as much, who should I be putting down for the NL spot? Convince me, it'l be worth a few votes.

Obviously you should be voting for Zambrano. If nothing else, he just might bring a little entertainment to the game.

Obviously you should be voting for Zambrano. If nothing else, he just might bring a little entertainment to the game.

I'll vote for Zambrano if he promises to take his belt off and beat someone with it.

I'll vote for Zambrano if he promises to take his belt off and beat someone with it.

Can that someone be Barry Bonds? I'd advocate it.

Chance to gain a game on Milwaukee tonight. 3-1 in the bottome of the 7th Cubs. Let's keep it rolling.

Chance to gain a game on Milwaukee tonight. 3-1 in the bottome of the 7th Cubs. Let's keep it rolling.

Big Z. Cubs win. Big Z is going to own this internet voting thing and be in the all star game. Personally, I will be voting for Gorzellanny and hoping Big Z gets an extended rest and doesnt have to travel to the game or assume the risk of being injured by a fungo bat (again).

The Cubs are finally doing what we thought they would do, and Piniella deserves a lot of credit for this. In the beginning of the year, who would have thought the Cubs would have some of these winning lineups? Lou is good coach.

i hate the padres at this point but the obvious final vote pick is young. dude is filthy and a princeton grad or something. other than the fact you can steal a base anytime you like he has been great

Big Z could kick his ass.

he already punked out your boy Lee

D Lee's daughter has Leber's congenital amaurosis, why dont you make fun of that, insensitive bastard. D Lee threw a punch thatif landed would have fractured Robocop's skull, and he landed the only shot of the bout. He got punked out? BS.

D Lee's daughter has Leber's congenital amaurosis, why dont you make fun of that, insensitive bastard. D Lee threw a punch thatif landed would have fractured Robocop's skull, and he landed the only shot of the bout. He got punked out? BS.

Now if only punching out Robocop could somehow help the Cubs win games.

because of course when i say punk out i mean make fun of a mans sick daughter. i have missed you cal

It's a federal law or something that you have to let the franchise team in the nation's capital win a game on the Fourth of July right? That's how I'm explaining this poor ass showing this afternoon.

Crazy that it took this long before the first Red Sox-Devil Rays series this season. It means that about 20% of eachother's season will be against, well, each other. I like those numbers for the Sox.

It's a federal law or something that you have to let the franchise team in the nation's capital win a game on the Fourth of July right? That's how I'm explaining this poor ass showing this afternoon.

The Redskins have been lobbying to move up the opening game of the NFL season for years now.

Archived